AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

Yeah, that’s for sure sth with the car (it bugged a bit, maybe it’s that?), because I’ve got a different one with higher material cost and PU, but still cheaper. Weeeird.

My Automation has been running stable for a long time now, I get the load “bug” where you need to go onto the suspension tab and adjust a setting so the game calculates the stats correctly but that’s it… Maybe run a verification check through steam to ensure your game is 100%?

1 Like

Ok, I’ve figured out what was going on - every production limitation raises the cost. Logical, but not obvious in sandbox. And one file was not “ok”, but it doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

1 Like

Nice! :sunglasses:

I’m glad it’s all worked out now :grin:

@Dorifto_Dorito Something tells me our cars are going to be very closely matched :smiley:

1 Like

I am away from my computer tonight but be assured i have your entries. If i have liked ur pm i have the car. I have yet to look over them

1 Like

Well then, may the best car win @DeusExMackia :wink: …not that I think Im going to win…

1 Like

Just figured out that my car sucks. 8:41 on Green Hell

Well, as the tracks are dragrace on willowbank, flying lap on ATT, and a standing start lap on the airfield, i think that the Ring is a poor comparison… Sure, a fast car on the Ring is probably fast anywhere, but things like topspeed has less impact on shorter tracks, so you might beat him with better acceleration and cornering speeds :wink:

1 Like

Birch has no lore, so pulled this out of my arse and gave it a small backstory. Enjoy.

Cleanser was created to rule the European mid-size coupe and sedan markets. While designing the engine, we noticed that the smallest engine available, the 200-V6 PWR was extremely potent. It was a screamer, giving out high power and torque numbers. This gave us the idea of turning the car into a race car.

XRS is probably the closest you can get to the actual race car while remaining street legal. It has a race-bred, tried and tested twin-clutch 7-speed sequential transmission tied between the engine and rear wheels. It also has a big rear spoiler and canards to keep the car from losing contact with the road.

“Why the name Cleanser?” I hear you ask. Well, it comes with a built-in lightweight hoover.

Not kidding.

Birch Motors - The cleanest car ever.

7 Likes

i’m not even gonna care about the speed too much. if everyone uses the same car and engine, if doesn’t really mean anything does it?
your speed is only relative to your rival/competitor

#selfreasoning

8:10 on the green hell

Alright, who else submitted an Inline 3? :sweat_smile:

2.0L I3? That sounds kinda crazy.
I’ll submit a 2.0L V6 :smiling_imp:

I wanted to submit a 1.35 turbo V12 :smiley:

2 Likes

I almost did a turbo v12 but ended up with a turbo 8 instead. It’s a little heavy and I don’t expect it to win anything, but it was fun to build.

You know what, I should have done that instead of using an I6.:joy:

Tare RAX to compete in new economical racing class
Tare engineer: “We were very tempted to give this car a full blown HiFi system.”

9 Likes

I use the Green Hell times as a rule of thumb measurement to see if my car is fast or not; I have no idea (or concern, tbh) if that’ll translate to competition success!

1 Like

Ya, i understand that… that is why i also stated that a car that’s fast around Green Hell is fast anywhere :wink:
I was just trying to get Nomade0013 to cheer up a little.

An honourable undertaking! :sunglasses:

3 Likes