AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

I’ve figured out the problem, a body with 0,8 of aerodynamic efficiency will suffer a lot when you add wings and things like that to increase the aero influence, so I changed the body and with just that gained 30s at Green Hell

4 Likes

Ok i will be back at cpu later tonight to checkover entries. Theres a good amount of entries coming in, so thank you for for supporting this first rnd.

3 Likes

waitwaitwait. it’s already closing?

i’m still finishing mine

i’m used to super different time zones, so i though the deadline was tommorow where i am. so i worked on it today

you still have 24hrs so don’t stress… its still 9th here for another 12 hrs or so and send me the entries ppl

And my entrant and scoring stats for the world to see.

entries received (nothing scrutinized yet)

@koolkei
@4LGE
@Ornate
@HighOctaneLove
@Dorifto_Dorito
@gridghost
@DeusExMackia
@Detsikeulii
@JohnWaldock
@one85db
@Darkshine5

If your name is not here I have not received your entry

12 Likes

2 liter V8

Absolute mad man.

3 Likes

Has the scrutineering begun, now that it’s well past the deadline?

2 Likes

I don’t know, but relax, there’s still time.

1 Like

OK cars have been thru scrutinizing
a Complete list of Entrants is as follows. I have had to pull out of this first round as a competitor (I didn’t backup the correct files…Dickhead lol)

10 Likes

surprising how there’s only 2 MR cars.

also
@Darkshine5 were you craving for a cookie when you typed my name? :joy:

Oh FFS lol

hahaha.
nah just leave it be if you can’t be arsed to change it :slight_smile:

oh dont worry I cant be arsed I am doing the races etc ATM

3 Likes

So then, it seems I’m on the lower end of the powerscale. But it’s all in how you use it, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Considering that youre using an i4 without a turbo, I think that youve got a pretty good engine. Its only got 25 hp less than mine, but ive got more weight since it’s an i6.

1 Like

LEAST POWER HYPE!!!

I think you should just have put the low-end valve control a little more towards aggressive, it would give you a little better mid-range torque and less knock, giving space to increase the compression, to advance the ignition or to reduce the fuel/air mix.
But depending on your car’s suspension setup, aero tunning and lightness, you can get some good positions. I myself have a little better power and torque, but at the cost of a heavier engine.

3 Likes

well i think. you guys should’ve gone with 5 valves with a bit less fuel mix instead of 4 valves with VVL.

which curiously. only NA 2 cars did.

though i dunno about speed, my car is rather huge, relatively speaking

2 Likes

Ohh I could’ve gone with a more aggressive low end cam profile, too. Yet, my ignition timing was already fairly aggressive, and compression also gave me low returns. Race intakes would’ve given me a good extra power, but I didn’t want to sacrifice the reliability. Was there even much anything I could’ve done? Well, except for not using an Inline 3 and actually using all of the maximum allowed displacement :sweat_smile:

But yay for being the only Inline 3 entry :stuck_out_tongue: Witness the power of Tare’s NGI units! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I preferred to use a 4 valves with VVL to have a better mid-range torque, since my car isn’t so light.

Thanks for the tips, should come in handy next time I’m tuning an i4 :smiley:

1 Like