AUTOMATION PRO LEAGUE 3rd Round: 1955 NASCAR Closed due to lack of interest

The challenge will not be shortened. if we bring more people into the result writing it will actually slow down the comp (as we are not all from the same time zone there is a few hrs between correspondence) What I will say is that we have up to 2 weeks to write results etc, this is only thier due to RL commitments, if the results get finished before the deadline I will release them early however the 2 weeks is to allow for a higher quality of Photoshop and reviews taking our busy lifestyles into accountā€¦sorry i would love to have a 2 week total turnaround but it just wont happen unless we gave up the pictures and reviews

3 Likes

OK, here are the rules for round 2, subject to change by @Darkshine5 etc.

2016 Rally Championship

Using the above body (3dr only) in 2016 your mission is to build a championship winning rallycar within the following limitationsā€¦

Engine capacity: 1600cc max, 52Kw (Ā± 20%) Average Kw (1 to 5K rpm)
Drivetrain: AWD, E-Diff, 7spd DSG
Tyres: 225/40R18ā€™s w/ chunky offroad tyres
Body: Max flare on guards w/ tyres at outer edges of wheel well, 2 lips and 1 wing
Driveability: 50+
Sportiness: 40+
Reliability ER/OR: 50+/65+
Safety: None
Price: 22k (+0%)

Hope this provides a challenge as well as being fun, good luck!!!

4 Likes

Wait hold on, 52 Kw max or did I read that wrong.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, I think it says 52kW (Ā±20%) average between 1000 and 5000 rpm

You read that wrong!

Ram read it right, unless Darkshine5 meant it to be a minimum value then that rule will change to:

I hope that helps!

Ok so the average power is only a scoring thing. It is not required in the rules. It is there to punish turbo cars with massive lag and na cars with massive rpms. So an average of 52ish or more kw thru out 1000-5000rpms. Il write rules in a few hrs i am still working

2 Likes

Oh. That makes more sense, itā€™s another criterion, and not really a rule.

1 Like

ok so some new for the next round

first we have a new track Mt Stanley Raceway which is my own little something something made by Ram this will be replacing airfield.
http://discourse.automationgame.com//automationdiscourseuploads2.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/4X/4/9/5/495ece16f98ba5543033823638f61e8c9b25d213.zip
I will have new round rules posted with some small changes to run smooth

4 Likes

DSG? You mean automatic?

No.

A direct-shift gearbox (German: Direkt-Schalt-Getriebe), commonly abbreviated to DSG, is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Dual-clutch sequential gearbox.

Hmā€¦https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj1Vk7SE-TI .DSG is like DCT,i must say it is the same,sequential is something different- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1APhLQVtlE

I have to ask, why no safety?

because racecar

Yes but race cars tend to have at least some safety features

I agree. It would be nice that the game would include a ā€œraceā€ safety option. Lightweight but safe. Would reduce comfort and practicality.

Why am I writing this here when I could put this to suggestions? Herp.

2 Likes

Because the safety options are roadcar safety options, as well as adding unneeded weight! Itā€™s more accurate for roleplay purposes to leave out the safety entirely than arbitrarily select a safety level (or number).

That was my reasoning when I made the rules; feel free to go about things a different way should you be asked to set up a ruleset! :grin:

4 Likes

safety is still scored on so a 0 would be probably no points. I did consider a minimum but as it is a major scoring point I decided to leave it a zero as the minimum. I dont usually like one body only challenges but as it limits creativity and I reserve the right to modify the ruleset to make it more competitiveā€¦just something to keep in mind guys

I chose a single body because rally is based on a strict dimension based ruleset and if you look at all the recent rallycars they all look REALLY similar to each other! :astonished:

But if you want another body then go for it, itā€™s not like I can stop you!!! :laughing:

nah one body is fine lol

So the rules have been settled and we can start building?

And how exactly do you calculate this?[quote=ā€œramthecowy, post:125, topic:18818ā€]
52kW (Ā±20%) average between 1000 and 5000 rpm
[/quote]

Take the power every 500RPM from 1000 all the way to 5000 and then divide by 9?