Automation Sunday Cup - Race 4: Laguna Seca

Yeah that’s not making me anymore confident. Hopefully the car is tuned well.

AWNB: Part 1

Somewhere in Belfast…

Patrick: Hey Larry, you got the car sorted yet? You know we need to start working on this soon.
Charles: It better be good, I don’t fancy driving around any autoshite.
Lawrence: Buddy, I’ve picked the best car of the lot. It’s time.
The garage door opens to reveal the car…

Patrick: Uhh, isn’t that the car the same as yours? It even looks like the one you bought about a month ago, you know with the red pinstripe and all?
Charles: It’s your car isn’t it?
Lawrence: Look, we were going to start from scratch anyways, this is what this car is for. Racing.

10 Likes

2 days left until the deadline to submit tuned cars. A couple of you still haven’t bought a car yet! You’ll need to for participating in the rest of the ASC.

Top gear once proved that public transportation is faster than a car…sooo yeah

yes, when the car was a luxury crossover

Driven by James May…through the city…
Anyway, yeah. 255 rears here and I thought they’re pretty wide, up to the point when I saw the steamroller style on some cars

YOU’RE FEELING NERVOUS AT 255?! I HAVE 180/205!!!

4 Likes

[Laughs in 325]

1 Like

Team Super Special Super Mobile - TSSSM

As quick as it can be, but not quick enough

9 Likes

can we submit retuned versions of our cars?

deepfried_1530030606531

6 Likes

Just to be sure, can we add VVT to an engine which doesn’t have it? I reckon we can’t, nor can we exchange the stock catalytic converter for something else.

Also, I’m sure we can’t rename the tuned trim of the car we’re entering - or the tuned variant of its engine, for that matter.

What about the trim and variant years of the tuned car? I’m certain they must both remain unchanged.

Yeah you can’t change any of that, but naming isn’t a big deal. Just makes it easier for me to find.

Other things to note: Is 95RON premium unleaded mandatory for the tuned trim?

And with regards to tuning:

Does this mean that changes to cam profile, turbo compressor, turbine, AR ratio and intercooler sizes, compression ratio, rev limiter ignition timing and AFR are allowed? I’m pretty sure the stock internals must be retained, though, and the maximum boost must be up to 1.2 bar as for the stock variant.

That’s all correct :+1: . And you can run 91 RON if you really wanted too I guess…but definitely not over 95

cough please buy hermes…

1 Like

Albatross Motor Company would like to thank TSSSM for choosing an Albatross product for their racing team. Rest assured, our engineers and technicians will not let you down.

It was a close call and the Hermes looked like an amazing car actually.

The lore prevailed but I expect someone will pick it

I would have picked it. :’(
In fact I would have picked literally any of the cars in your dealership because they were almost all on my hit list :t
Except mine of course

Team Sunday Strikers - Car Purchase

As the Sunday Strikers headed to Hans’ High End Motors, they spotted a red '88 Mosport Arrow parked on the forecourt. That’s when they decided that this would be the car they would enter in the ASC. Walter quickly parked his car, got out and approached Hans with an offer he couldn’t refuse.

“I’d like to buy that Mosport Arrow of yours for $9,057 - it’s got around 60k miles on it but it should be in good working order inside and out, by the look of things.”

“No problem - it’s yours. Here are the keys to the Arrow then. Have fun with it. Goodbye!” Hans replied as he received Walter’s payment.

And so Walter drove off in the bright red Arrow, with his teammates following him close behind.

A few hours later, Walter and his fellow Sunday Strikers made it to the team’s home base in Northamptonshire with the Arrow in tow. Henry took a quick look in its engine bay… and realized that the team might have its work cut out for them.

“It’s got a sub-2-litre turbo inline-four with just 142 horsepower. Not a lot, but being turbocharged, this engine has a lot of potential. Besides, the Arrow weighs little more than a ton, so it should be able to make good use of its modest power.”

“You’re spot on - with more grunt, this Arrow could be a giant-killer!” Pat responded gleefully. “This lump could make over 200 horsepower with the right modifications. And while we’re at it, we’ll uprate the drivetrain, suspension, wheels, tires and brakes.”

“That’s settled then; I can’t wait to get behind the wheel of our arrow once the mods have been installed!” Walter exclaimed.

And so the Sunday Strikers set to work on preparing the Arrow for the ASC.

2 Likes