Automation Sunday Cup - Race 4: Laguna Seca

I’ve got two cars to offer:

A 1995 Kron Ember Turbo.

and a rare classic: a 1985 TM 464 RXi

15 Likes

Yes, anything in the aerodynamics section can be tuned. The wings and lips are also the only fixtures that can be modified.

logo90s

Yes, Trafikjournalen will enter this series with our motorsport reporter Erik Carlén as the driver. 23 years old, started his interest with karting as a kid, moved over to folkrace (swedish banger racing) later but the interest dropped after a while, and now he is rallying in group E (Economy class) instead with a Znopresk Z217 coupé. Looking for more speed, he recently upgraded his daily from his trusty old 1969 Volvo 144 to a 1985 Contendiende Enemigo S.

Of course, the rest of us from Trafikjournalen will be backing this racing up as much as we can.

Expect some web exclusive material from the Sunday cup later.

12 Likes

The HUSH

Rather oddly named, The HUSH is the nickname of a small collective of European Racing Drivers and Tuners who meet together to do not much more than tinker and race cheap and cheerful sports cars. A Small splinter of the collective have decided to promote their interest in a more legal route for their passion, so are banding together funds to have a try.

Their Driver for this series is English-Born-German-Raised “Professional” driver Lewis Martin, the only one in the HUSH to have some sort of Professional Racing licence. He daily drives an early model Caliban Thunder, and tinkers on a clapped out ACA Verona. He did some racing in some lower class Euro Touring cars at his Peak, but he’s past that now.

5 Likes

Selling 1988 Horven Type 2000

Horse power: 212hp.
Manual gearbox

This was the car of my grandfather who recently passed away, he drove alot with this car so quite alot of miles on it, but he always took great care of this rare gem.

3L NA six cylinder engine, it make a nice noise.

Price: 9300$

Type 2000 was a special limited series of this Horven model, with a more powerful engine.

Contact me for additional detail.
email: John.Doe4578@satcom.com
Phone: 0478963145

5 Likes

The Throwback Club: preparations.

Throwback Club’s Hangar, near the Watkins Glen race track. 13:42 PM. An old ACA Slipstream entered the hangar, stopping before maneuvering to park between two recently restored vehicles, a tiny Sakura Shogun and a IP Warbler. The car’s engine was shut down and the driver side door opened. Oliver stepped out of the vehicle, walking towards the office inside the hangar, inside of which the cofounder, Alejandro Flores, and the rest of the team, were filling paperwork and looking for info. The door to the office opened and Oliver entered.

Oliver: “Fellas, was our inscription accepted?”

One of the employees, in a car mechanic uniform, stepped forward. The employee plate on his chest read “Chen”. Nodding, he handed Oliver some papers.

Chen: “We’ve been accepted. We have better put a good show there, Trafik Journalen will be there and attendance is expected to be high. Mix of veterans like you and rookies wanting to show 'em what they got.”

Oliver: “What about the car? Did you guys find anything?”

Chen: “Oh yes, there’s this dealership. Take a look at the catalog.”

Oliver grabbed the catalog, opening the pages. It’d be a long afternoon picking the right car.

FOR SALE: Caliban Type SC TO '87.

Original Caliban Type SC BO from 1987. All original parts, manual transmission recently rebuilt. Taken good care of; big engine, runs on 95 octane fuel. $9900, accepting trades for a Katana or a similar Nohda.

FOR SALE: Contendiente Ataque S 3 door '85.

Contendiente Ataque S from '85, big engine option, fuel injected, with a manual. Very light and nimble, has the sports package suspension, and chassis seems to be in good condition. Interior smells funny. I am willing to negotiate, but I won’t accept trades. $8200.

17 Likes

Upon calling the seller, some precisions :

Though well maintained and not showing too many miles, this is still a 13 years old track car, who has seen some track use - as every Turini Berlinette should

As every berlinette, this is a light-weight, mid-engined, rear-wheel drive, with a Turbo inline 4 delivering slightly over 200hp, and designed for gentlemen drivers. This is definitely not as a cruiser, some driving skills are advised

Though Hagerty quotes the car at 12500$, he’s willing to sell it for 10 grands, or less (markup price @-20% is 9969)

This is a great opportunity, Turinis are known for their amazing price/pleasure and performance ratio, and this one looks solid, either as a garage queen or to finish it in historical races, where it is eligible.

Uncommon in Europe, Turinis are very rare in the US, were they were scarcely imported. This one, reportedly, is a federalized one that the seller returned to its Euro configuration (he might have the huge bumpers somewhere though)

7 Likes

NR Group Racing Team

NR Group Racing Team are a group of tuners such as NR5, Nemesis Tuning and Razor ECU Tuning who formed this racing team in 1999. They had a pretty low budget. Well anyways, here’s the driver. His name is the CEO of the NR5 Racing Division, Kai Shinomiya. The rest of the team are the ones who tunes and services the car. They didn’t have a car to start with. They sold a car recently…

12 Likes

From what I’ve seen of your cars from my competition, that may be because you are extremely heavy-handed with quality sliders. After about +2 or so, they really REALLY start adding up costs and ET/PU. With minimal return.

2 Likes

FOR SALE: KEISHANDA SPORT 909

Our garage is selling a 1989 Keishanda convertible, 130 horsepower, lightweight body.
Nimble car for tight turns and ideal for tuning/track project.

909cc three cylinder turbo engine.
3 spoke wheels
Convertible
Japanese Engineering

6 Likes

1988 Mosport Arrow

Original ad for the car included (with some water damage)

$9116 gets you a sweet mid-engined coupe from the 80s!

The car has changed since the original competition due to game updates and some changes on my part, so any earlier information about it is now void.
13 Likes

6 Likes

Selling two Keikas for cheap!

Right now I have two different Keika models for sale, for a low price. Keika Automotive has a history of performance cars, and have been dominant in racing events, from desert races to endurance runs. This has put them into the history books as one of the most prestigious performance brands the world has ever known. Started in the mid sixties, they made their way around the world, quickly becoming a legend. Their first models imported to the US were a hit (Scoring 98/100), showing that their cars can compete against cars with twice, or even three times the power, thanks to their well set up suspension and finely tuned handling. Even then, these cars will make a great base for anyone who would want to tune these cars to ultimate racing spec machines.

1986 Keika Hop 2000 - $7371

This angry little hot hatch certainly isn’t something you’d want to see in your mirror. With a screaming, lightweight, N/A V6 derived from a classic race car, this isn’t something you’d want to see in your mirror. And thanks to that age and heritage, it’s an easy and simple base to build a monster of a performance car from.

Despite only having 131hp, it’s light body gives it enough get up and go to chase cars way above its power level. In fact a similar special edition and tuned model even managed to hold its own against some more powerful and more modern rivals in an endurance race.

Thanks to this being the first mass produced Keika, it was built to be easy to drive, even when on the limit. This combined with a lightweight FWD set up means anyone can drive it at the very limit of grip, without worries of making a mistake! And thanks to the low weight and efficient engine, it’s fuel efficient, perfect for longer races.

All of this for only $7371, leaving plenty of room for some power upgrade, if needed. Oh, and by the way, I hear the aftermarket fenders can hold some pretty wide tyres.

This car can also be fueled off hatred for pushrod engines and solid axels. The massive vent is for swallowing children that may be standing in the way.

The car is so focused on performance, that rather than raising the ride height or widening the arches (which adds weight), Keika just cut holes in the fenders to fit the wheels. Also side exit exhaust, because this is the coolest hot hatch to ever hot hatch.

1995 Keika Twist Premium Edition - $8595

This incredible sports car was enough to impress some french guy, and in the future another variant will impress more people.

This more traditional Keika holds a mid engine RWD layout, ensuring ultimate traction on acceleration. This design can trace its routes from the original Keika, which was a dominant racing machine in its day.

Using a V6 with 174hp, it can move with impressive speed, with room for a turbo (or two) if needed for some extra oomph. And that engine is as fuel efficient as it is powerful, giving you fuel economy more expected of far smaller and slower cars, while having the power to follow anything. The engine also has room for additional upgrades, and is a great base for tuning.

In the corners, as expected from any Keika, it handles like a dream, with no unexpected oversteer, allowing you to push hard through every turn.

This Premium Edition is built to run on 95 octane, so comes with a little extra kick to it, and only $8595.

NO LOW BALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE. Will trade for Caliban Type SC.

Futuristic Styling!

Widscreen Wipers for clear visibility in all conditions!

So why not pick up a piece of engineering art? Buy a Keika!

Prices are subject to change.

12 Likes

1 Like

LOL, that hits close to home :smiley:

Edit - dont’ want to double post…so…
I will have to work on it to lose extra 500 bucks, but somehow keep the weight and power of the kee version (900-ish and 145-ish)… But other than that… The somehow crowd favourite KHT of all time is now unrealized

15 Likes

Where are the bullet holes from certain incident? :wink:

3 Likes

The one that has bullet holes was a “Tsukuba R”, this one is basic, not even an “S”, those two versions are WAY too expensive to be legal for this competition. Besides, the colour closer matches the one that failed at touge :wink:
So far Tsukubas have been seen in a Touge challenge, Cross country race and a time attack challenge. This is really the most popular KHT since it fits almost everywhere, and isn’t too expensive. Sad though, cause I really like Adelaide and Sepang platform a lot more.

I think I will be selling it on basic tires, with steel wheels, it’s used car after all, and tuners can add those if they so desire. Will experiment a bit later on, now at work.

6 Likes

Anhultz Mimas Turbo for sale; 132k Miles (213k Kilometres)

(original manufacturer picture)

This thing has served me really well for 15 years since it was new. But time is taking it´s tolls on it now and i have to get a more modern car to keep up with all the useful comfort features they nowadays have…

soo…
It has an Inline 6 engine with stock turbo and 170hp sitting in the front of the car, sending it´s power to the rear wheels.

If you are interested, call [Number] and get it for only 9900$

Anhultz Nereid for sale; 23k Miles (38k Kilometres)

sorry about the color stains on the pic…

I bought this car as a trackday project to have some fun on the track at the weekends while also daily-driving it for some time. It has done a fantastic job at going fast, especially on tighter, twistier roads and tracks. But i do not need it anymore since i made my dream come true. I am now participating in a rookie championship and hope to become a real racing driver (like ASCAR or something).

Anyway, the rev-happy 210hp V6 is in the middle of the car, sending it´s power to the rear, ensuring good traction when accelerating as well as weight distribution for the :b:est handling. At 9999$ this cornering beast in perfect condition can be yours!

Race Team entry will follow as an edit to this post.

12 Likes

1990 Hermes Rallex RS

Price: 9109$
Drive type: AWD
Engine: Inline-4 Turbo
Horsepower: 227 hp
Gearbox: 5 Speed Manual
Color: incomprehensible red or orange, idk, should’ve picked another color, I guess
Body type: Sedan (very schport)

Official Hermes car brochure cover:

Hermes’ rally car turned into a street legal one
with Hermes’ own EATASS system (Engineered for Advanced Traction on All Surfaces System).

I’ve been using it for trackday purposes, so I didn’t drove it that much. It’s completely stock, except I had to change tyres everytime I go to a trackday. It’s also practical, I’ve been driving it to tracks with no problems. It doesn’t eat that much of a fuel for a sporty car.

The handling is great. AWD eats corners for breakfast like it’s nothing. It got great grip through the corners and it lets to accelerate from the corner earlier than its RWD competitors. The acceleration feels like it’s instant.

I’m sure with a bit of tuning and weight reduction it can go even faster, but I felt like leaving it stock.

The price is fixed.
Contact me: 1-800-872-9100 or BigBillHellChallengePissing32@gmail.com

Some photos from a parking lot with removed number plates:

22 Likes

TEAM RANT 13 are joining the Automation Sunday Cup Melee

The team leader will be Cruz Endsley and the driver will be Richard Cooper

3 Likes