Automation Touring Car Championship REBORN - Season 1 | Race 8 (Imola) Results!

Good point, though surely the lower power to weight ratio makes up for that? Trouble is, only a few of the tracks I’m using have flying lap time version.

i’m 90% sure most people here are downplaying their actual times because i’m getting <2:14 and i’m usually bad at building race cars

nope, it definitely doesn’t!

@koolkei not downplaying any times here, there’s no point when trying to create a nice playing field first.

I’m in the high 2:15s but I literally can’t get anymore weight out of the car either way so this is where I’ll be stuck.

here is mine then. still haven’t played with the downforce though

100% confirms that FR will still wipe the floor with anything FF off a standing start :joy:

how come FF was so OP in the BROBOT BRC?

3 Likes

@strop Eesh. Right, I’ll have a go at converting the tracks into Flying Lap versions

1 Like

There is only one start in brc and cars were low hp…last brc when power rised FF was gone from top 10

3 Likes

Makes sense, high power and FF really kills the drivability!

@strop @squidhead Right, I’ve worked out how to get flying lap versions of the remaining tracks so we’ll be using those lap times.

1 Like

Does this mean the flying lap track versions will be posted at some point for us to agonise over? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I’m technically allowed to do that, as they are other people’s work. Plus it maintains an element of surprise for the races :wink:

Unfortunately an RR hatch would not be viable by the looks of it. Sigh.

4 Likes

Damn, i had high hopes on launching the Halo XS once again :smiley:

1 Like

Decided to dust off Bamford’s sister company Teuton and give them a line-up of estate cars, aside from the bonnet mounted exhausts, rest of it seems to be going well, race car is doing 2:23’s because I want to run the heaviest car in the lineup.

3 Likes

I don’t think they look right at all… and they wouldn’t be the safest installation either. Should they even be allowed?

Certainly not, if I enter a car with those exhausts I will also supply my home address so people can come around and beat me up for being so stupid.

1 Like

The FF 1 tonne test cars I made got in the mid 2:14’s. Seems like a really even playing field so far. No traction magicianing needed even as the power to weight is relatively low for this modern era. Maybe the playing field is too even to my taste, it will be one finetune bonanza. (edit: or a torque-fest)

1 Like

So , I need a Base version , a Sport Version and Touring Version ?

@Mikonp7 Basically yeah. Base trim and touring trim, but the other trim can be anything you like (sports, luxury, mid range etc)