Automation's EOTY Awards!

The luxury car of the year award has the Automation equivalent of an Aston Martin One-77 against an Acura TSX :laughing:

1 Like

Hey, the Rennen Sagacious is not even close to comparable to the Acura TSX :stuck_out_tongue:

Note, just realized what you meant lol. It is weird, yes.

1 Like

none of my cars made it, but this:

has me squealing with excitement! :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks for the nominations, guys. I voted in all categories, but didnt vote for my works or for myself. You may disregard my votes there if it’s not kosher.

3 Likes

seeing as my company only started late this year, it hasn’t developed a tangible direction for most of you readers/viewers. And it’s a mess in terms of models being released in chronological order. Time for a reboot in 2017, then!

It’s been quite a year!

Thank you for the nominations, I’m still fairly new here so it was quite unexpected to get them. I voted in every category but I made sure to avoid my own work or even quotes or anything I suggested so I hope it’s all okay.

It’s a bit of shame some excellent 2016 vehicles just missed the cut due to their late submission. Like the great looking Auxuras CLX and Saminda CR1/CRossy for example.

But that said congrats and good luck to all those who were nominated it is still a great selection!

4 Likes

I voted for categories and now in second round and… :blush: thanks guys!

I wish that I could have created one of the cars on the list. I might make cars again in 2017 though and might make it into the best?

Well… you barely make cars in comparison to other users :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I can dream, can’t I? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been waiting for the UE4 update and for my designers block to just f-off.

2 Likes

I find it funny how my car got nominated for best common design and best poster, but not to best car.
Should I have posted the stats and all of that to make it count?

Yeah I imagine if people actually read the stats they would think of it :stuck_out_tongue:

This reflects a weird thing in real life about publicity. Publicity isn’t a meritocracy, it’s only sporadically so depending on timing and whether it reaches a critical mass to go viral. I happen to know the long Automation history of the Quark to know just how good it was but due to the growing Marsima Saminda rivalry the attention was undoubtedly most focused there.

I note that a picture of my design (Lilith) came from an old draft. The design has since been updated!

Yeah. That’s pretty realistic then

Honestly, I was surprised to find myself on the lists at all. Didn’t think I had much that was noteworthy.

though i would be salty if nothing related to me would got in.

but yeah, the Phyton never let’s me down :slight_smile:
even after being 7 months old

There’s more months than that in a year, so I’m not surprised

I AM surprised that both Diabolica and Eau Rouge are in the running for best performance car.

2 Likes

Well if you have the fastest and craziest cars in Automation that’s gonna happen! :wink:

***Final voting is now up! Please click here to vote!***

7 Likes

Are we allowed to vote only in some categories? While I’m sad that Lilith got dropped (not really, I don’t design things to be popular, only way out there), I’m still involved in a lot of the categories and I’m not sure what the point is.

@squidhead what do you think? Half the time these categories come down to either yourself or myself. If you’re voting then I will too but I’ll just follow your lead.

You’re allowed to skip categories, no problem.