Automation's Fastest Driver

@Knightophonix started it.

Also TIL there are a metric fuckton of smug MLP faces.

2 Likes

Don’t blame me, blame society

Been a fun time though lmao, can’t wait which silent mfs beat us with like a 1.07.9, 1.08.3 and 1.08.4 meaning we ain’t even on the podium.

If anyone beats 1:08.3 I’m going to demand the replay file lmao coz I already went so insane getting it to this point I reckon that’s the limit (either of the car or my talent or both) :joy:

ROUND 1 RESULTS!

Position Username Lap Time Controller
1 strop 1:08.522 Wheel
2 Knightophonix 1:08.568 Wheel
3 Private_Miros 1:09.728 Wheel
4 Chickenbiscuit 1:10.136 Controller
5 TheElt 1:10.198 Wheel
6 BoostandEthanol 1:10.425 Wheel
7 4LGE 1:12.835 Controller
8 koolkei 1:13.247 Keyboard

Nice scoring stuff here:

Thank you to everyone that joined the first round! Next round will be up soon-ish!

11 Likes

it’s something.

next round’s target… make somebody that’s not using a keyboard lose to my time… just 1 will be enough

2 Likes

It’s a damn impressive time for using keyboard! Pretty damn koolkeiboard

Possible you made like many little taps in order to have smooth steering as possible? (That’s what I used to do in NFS games :stuck_out_tongue: )

Also, woo! 7th! :smiley:

1 Like

ROUND 2: PMI Usurper

Second round is here! And this time we have the polar opposite of last car. Introducing the PMI Usurper. It’s big. It’s pink. And it doesn’t stop very well. So let’s take it around a tight city circuit!

Thanks to @Private_Miros for the car!

Car Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GV8CCB_FYekF5pzuCKtsHT8_yQc9eFvm

Put the car here:image

Track: West Coast, USA - Street Course 1

Make sure you have realistic ABS and realistic transmission selected.

Remember: PM me your times and what controller you are using. Screenshots and replays, while aren’t required, will help you a lot in proving your time if it is a good one.

Deadline: 28th October 17:00 GMT

12 Likes

Hold on, this thing has ABS? :thinking:

No, and that’s why the option settings need to be realistic ABS, else you can set it to have ABS in Beam :stuck_out_tongue:

More lore on the car here: PMI - Performance Machinery Incorporation

Submission

Here’s my submission: 1:10.800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuzhPgh1Rg

Yeah nevermind…thanks forum software.

This round, this car, the Usurper… it may be too heavy for cornering the streets, the brakes dangerously weak for the slopes it needs to brake at, but it is actually satisfying when you can chuck it about! The engine has good power, traction might be lacking but controllable… I strangely find this nicer to drive than the snappy nature of the Katana :thinking:

2 Likes

I think we all knew strop was quicc… but damn @Knightophonix u a fast boye :flushed:

4 Likes

PMI will take that as a compliment :slight_smile:

I would totally try this on the G920… except I have to haul my laptop upstairs and connect it to the TV and wheel, and I don’t like wires :b

I have a racing seat too so I can’t transport the wheel downstairs if I wanted (first world problems right :b )

Yeah knightophonix has actual driving talent. I give him lines, he makes them faster through pure instinct. Then I have to analyse it and match and improve.

Between his sense and my theory the whole “super lap” idea may actually be a thing :thinking:

P.s. the replay of my lap will be uploaded when I fix my home internet lol

Oof, it’s impossible for me to try this one without ABS on my controller (probably possible but I suck), I lock the wheels everytime lol

Edit: Oh no it’s ok, it’s just because I steer like a noob haha

2 Likes

the no ABS thing might not be a problem since… well… i’d figure it’d be hard to lock them… but the traction on keyboard though… yeahhhhhhhh

The Usurper certainly was the least drivable of the three PMI cars I’ve sent Boosted, but even then I do think the power and suspension tuning are both realistic as well as managable on the cross ply tires. The brakes are not the worst either, just what you expect from comfort setting drums on a 2 ton wobble wagon.

1 Like

so… not the worst… but still dreadfully horrible?

They aren’t race brakes, but I don’t have issues getting it stopped.