Automation's Fastest Driver

There are ways and means of getting a front end to rotate under power. This is where left foot braking comes in quite handy, actually.

2 Likes

I have been extremely busy and didn’t find time for this :frowning:

Whatever driving time I get now goes to my (behind schedule) Rally di Fruinia event.

Well, okay then. In that case I might as well show everyone my third attempt…

4 Likes

wow shit I think this died in the arse huh?

Should we a) change the challenge format b) exclude me from future rounds?

I’m tempted to start a separate “King of the Hill” format in which people can challenge the king to a specific car and track. If you win then you’re the new king. In this case I’m tempted to sweeten the pot by offering something like a free tune or feedback or featuring your car or something but I haven’t thought about it very much.

1 Like

Yeah sorry, kinda in a rough spot right now and this challenge really ate up my life back when it began so I’m not really willing to put anymore time into it '^^

I look forward to new cars/tracks. But I also had a busy period, and my own competition has priority.
It surprises me so little people take part, even if they are slower than strop. Everyone is slow compared to strop anyway.

I was waiting for the next round, but if you’re out of idea for now I may have some. I was thinking using the Road Atlanta mod on the handling course configuration, and using a Miata-esque (perhaps lightly tuned) car to do a sort of SCCA autocross-like challenge.

I’d like to participate but I’m too bad at this, I can’t finish a single lap without crashing the car if I try to be fast :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah i have to say that the scenario just wasnt really mine tbh

1 Like

In theory racing cars that other players have built sounds fun, but in practice there wasn’t much to it. Most of the fun of exporting cars from Automation to Beam is trying out your creations.

You know what, it’s kinda true. Maybe I should just make a separate thread where I offer to drive your car and optimise the tune for road handling or something

3 Likes

I love the idea !

Actually I love driving others’ cars (if they are somewhat decent).

I loved the concept of this challenge.

4 Likes

I think it’s kinda my fault for just killing all momentum on it, so sorry about that…

Maybe the concept can be reworked into something more like a league, not sure if that would be too tricky with everyone’s schedules

Best I could do out of the time i had using Keyboard… I think these were the only attempts out of about 10 that I didn’t crash :stuck_out_tongue:

Driven at night and with a red car because Eurobeat memes.

2 Likes