Axuma Automotive - SF Executive Sedan *Reboot*

Axuma Automotive is the luxury vehicle division of the Japanese vehicle manufacturer Hokuto Heavy Industries. Initially envisioned along with the plan for Hokuto’s new luxury sedan 2010, the Axuma brand was officially announced as a standalone marque on January 14, 2019 at the North American International Auto Show.

History

Hokuto conceived Axuma Concept in 2010. The body design took three years and the total cost of the program was $350 million over a development period of 60 months. Reliability testing ran for 800,000 miles.

Axuma Automotive announced the launch of its first two models, the SF and DSF, on January 14, 2019. The upcoming SJ will serve as the brand’s flagship model. The official launch for Axuma in the U.S. in late 2019, with the sale of the SF and DSF models. The initial dealers are a subset of existing Hokuto dealers, with designated space for Axuma within the dealership’s showrooms.

Future Plans

According to the press release at the NAIAS in 2019:

“The first Axuma models will go on sale in late 2019 for the 2020 model year. The factories are currently being built, and are expected to be done by the fall. We have 3 more models that we will be showing in the future, and a full lineup can be expected as well. As far as dealerships go, we will be expanding half of our current Hokuto showrooms to include the Axuma nameplate. A more upscale appearance will follow.”

Model Lineup

Current Models

Axuma SF (executive sedan) 2020 - present

Axuma DSF (midsize luxury SUV) 2020 - present

Future Models

Axuma SC (compact executive sedan)
Axuma DSC (compact luxury SUV)
Axuma SJ (fullsize luxury sedan)
Axuma DSJ (fullsize luxury SUV)

11 Likes

I think based on the designs alone, this might already be one of my favorite brands here

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see how the Axuma lineup will look like and how they will stack up against the opposition - this is definitely one to watch for me!

2 Likes

And there is one hell of a lot of opposition! (Azanti, Auxuras, Rakuda, etc)

1 Like

would my cars found in junkyards company count as oposition

Hokuto/Axuma Explains No-Show at Geneva

Koriyama, Japan - On behalf of the president of Hokuto/Axuma, we’d like to issue a statement regarding the lack of Hokuto and Axuma products at the 89th International Geneva Motor Show.

Due to a time crunch and complications with transportation, we were not able to appear. The next motor show on schedule is NYIAS, which we will attend. We have plans to reveal a concept Levara-Toreer, the new Futaba facelift, as well as the new Axuma SJ and DSJ. We thank you for your patience.

5 Likes

Blaire Automotive almost had the same outcome. We had to change the design and mechanics of the 2020 New Car due to the constant change of source engine in our Designing Room. The cause was a virus that was spread from a server in the I.T room. Luckily we fixed it in time to remake the New Car for unveiling.

Hokuto/Axuma State Plans for Bus Manufacturing

Koriyama, Japan - Axuma HQ is officially stating some large news. We have recently unveiled 2 cars that are almost on sale, however we are cancelling the SF and DSF models.

For business related reasons and where the market is currently headed, Axuma is now going to specialize in bus production. Our new models will be released at the New York International Autoshow and will feature choice of gasoline, turbine, diesel or plutonium power plants.

Stay tuned for more,

and happy April fools!

6 Likes

Nice. Can you give me one of your buses please…

Be sure to check out the New #AxumaSJ at the New York International Autoshow!

3 Likes

Alright, so I’ve rebooted the Axuma SF, prepare for new luxury cars.

The Axuma SF is a premium E-Segment vehicle. It sits on a 116.5 inch wheelbase, which is among the very longest of its class. Don’t let that scare you however, as the entire car is only 191 inches long, making it the shortest, and without compromising interior room.

As for materials, the HGL architecture utilizes glued aluminium alloy, making it both very light and very durable. Double wishbones are tucked into either corner in the front, and are complemented by 5-link suspension in the rear.

Under the carbon fibre hood lies 2 engine choices. A twin-turbocharged 3.0L V6 powers the SF 6t, seen here in the Crystal Merlot red color. It offers up 325 horsepower and 358 lb-ft of torque. This may not be the most power, but it delivers best in class 6-cylinder fuel economy, as it’s rated at 24 city and 32 highway MPG.

If you prefer your engines naturally aspirated, you may like the award-winning Axuma 5.0L V8 we have stored in the SF 8s, shown here in Midnight Blue metallic. It makes 400 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque. This engine has the capability to shove you to 60 mph in under 5.5 seconds. All engines are paired to an 8-speed automatic sourced from Hokuto, meaning best in the business. Proven reliable, smooth and quick shifts, and very responsive to the touch.

Inside sits 5 seats, with a traditional analog gauge cluster and analog clock gracing the center stack. The goal here was traditional luxury, with a modern flare - it still offers all the modern safety and convenience tech you’d find in the competitors.

It has an 8-inch screen between the silver-backed gauges, and a 10.8 inch AxuMedia screen laying landscape in the dashboard. Real buttons are used for your HVAC and climatized seats. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard across the range, as is Bluetooth connectivity. The car even comes with a 1-year subscription to SiriusXM radio. Blind spot monitoring, 360o camera, parking sensors, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, you name it. If it’s a feature to keep your car on the road and as safe as possible, it’s here in your Axuma.

More Photos

15 Likes