B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Yeah, the full screen thing is still a known major issue.

There are “new” mid engined bodies, in that you can build mid engine cars at all, which you couldn’t in the last major update…

[quote=“thnhlysnt”]---------------------------
Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspira…”]:782: attempt to index field ‘Intercooler’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK
---------------------------[/quote]

This isn’t really useful without knowing what you were doing when it happened…

Just had that same error, it clears if you keep pressing ok and retry, take this engine, it seems to happen with any engine from previous builds 2.2L FP 32V DOHCRev0.lua (46.6 KB) add a turbo with intercooler, than remove the turbo no need to test, the game doesn’t like it too much, lots of messages saying failure to find or calculate intercooler. if you click back on the game screen and are quick enough to click naturally aspirated between popup errors it will remove the turbo then after 1 or 2 more messages it returns to normal.

I’m trying to revise my car (big mid engined version) but I’m getting following error

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspira…”]:350: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustPoints’ (a nil value)

OK

When are you getting the error, what button did you press walk us through the steps possibly provide the files youre useing.

It was a car which I made yesterday.

Today I pressed revise and right away the error message.

Sorry if this has been reported before, but i’m having some UI issues. Black lines/bars on both sides, while the reliability rating seems to have been shuffled across leaving a blank space. The space is there in any resolution/mode. The black bars don’t happen in fullscreen, when going up resolution the bars get bigger, window doesn’t seem to be sizing correctly. EG, at 1366x768 it’s 1366 across but still 720ish high.

s7.postimg.org/rrdugx6yf/blacklinesandblankspaces.jpg

I got the steamroller bug again on 1415.

Steps to reproduce:

1. leave the year to 2014
  2. create a car (i used the smaller modern super car body)
  3. I morphed it and added a lot of decals (lights, scoops, whatever etc)
  4. Now the car was almost finished look-wise but I realized that I wanted to have older car than 2014 and changed the year to 1988.
  5. Bang! steamroller it is!

I didn’t get the 1415 update, still says 1414, also getting same bug as people have been saying, but building a car at all.

Here is the patch to 1415.

I am getting an error for just clicking Sandbox. Lua Error: tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string
"–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…:]:87: attempt to index field
‘Body’ (a nil value)

I get a code for just clicking SANDBOX and it gives my the code every time I try to save a model. It saves the engine, but not the model. I will have to stop til this is fixed.

Opened a car made in beta 1412, (i’m running 1415), I don’t remember pink ground effect skirts beeing an option. :wink:

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/912/EKvxHl.jpg

[quote=“RobtheFiend”]Opened a car made in beta 1412, (i’m running 1415), I don’t remember pink ground effect skirts beeing an option. :wink:

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/912/EKvxHl.jpg[/quote]

PLEASE tell me this is going to be in the final release, that’s awesome

I saved my car into revision 2. I did not get any warning message for overwriting existing car. But it still overwrited my car…

You should definitely have warnings for overwriting revisions. If I remember right this works for engines…

[quote=“JussiE”]I saved my car into revision 2. I did not get any warning message for overwriting existing car. But it still overwrited my car…

You should definitely have warnings for overwriting revisions. If I remember right this works for engines…[/quote]

It’s even more frustrating if you have created a lot of revisions and deleted some of the older ones since you can’t see the revision numbers from the list view of the cars…

I’m running the current latest version (1415) and I get this freeze error when I try to revise a turbo charged V8 into naturally aspirated in sandbox mode, haven’t tried scenarios yet.
The freeze forces me to tab out of full screen, which kills the game and stops the game process, at which point I’m prompted by three identical lua errors consecutively.
I’ve tried a few different engines and only the turbo charged V8’s is affected

Was playing around with carburetors, turbos and inline 4’s and I noticed that if you change the intake, I fiddled around with the different types after I’d set up the engine, it’ll try and mount it on the crankshaft or in the center lateral axis of the engine, but then reverts to the correct place when you select another tab or part.

Also, don’t know if it’s a conscious decision to have the double tap, instead of single, on the close button on the top right hand corner of every screen/window. Just slightly annoying on a personal level. :stuck_out_tongue:

Crash log from Windows and Lua Error

[code]tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string
“–client\functional\EngineCombustion_aspira…”]:782: attempt to index field
‘Intercooler’ (a nil value)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Automation Launcher.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5347a14d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_dc46
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0e71b536
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053
Additional Information 1: dc46
Additional Information 2: dc4620fc707895c0dd61dd31fdca9ba1
Additional Information 3: b545
Additional Information 4: b545a0c4eca151abe5e29a3e03b15755

Some hw specs if it helps;
AMD FX 8350
nVidia GF GTX 680 /driver 340.52
8GiB RAM
[/code]
log.txt (14 KB)

Whenever I try to stick an Inline 6 into a Mid Engined car with a Longitudinal layout, I get:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspira…”]:350: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustPoints’ (a nil value)

Whenever i use the honda CRX body it says every engine is too long.

Longditundial or Transverse? FWD, RWD or AWD?

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

Longditundial or Transverse? FWD, RWD or AWD?[/quote]

Longitudinal, and all drives