B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

If you want to play multi, redownload the launcher for 1415, start it with no internet connection, turn it back on once you are in game.

I don’t know if this is intentional or a bug, but it is impossible to use any engine in the two most modern front longitudonal bodies with AWD gearboxes because even the smallest engines are apparently too long

edit
I meant longitudonal (and have changed it to that now)

When you look at the bodies you’re mentioning, how would you even consider putting in something longitudinally AWD? :slight_smile:

They have what looks to be the same size chassis as some of the other small cars, which can quite happily fit a ~3.8L twin turbo V8 with a longitudinal AWD layout, so I thought they would at least be able to fit something longitudinally. The small car’s chassis actually extends quite a way behind the windscreen, so I figured that the dashboard would cover up the back of the engine bay

Also, while I remember, is it intentional for cars to have different maximum wheel widths depending on the suspension type used? (multilink has wider wheels than the other rear suspension options, and the two front suspension options have different wheel width options)

Hi there! I’ve been following this game and playing it for over a year now. I think this may be my first post to the forums.

I only have one issue so far and that is, after the big UI update (which I have come to love),
It used to be that you could back out to the engine list/“new engine creation” area of the game. But now, after clicking the “x” button to exit the engine designer, the game returns to the main menu. This is quite annoying as I spend a considerable amount of time refining an engine and making several versions of an engine size for both cheapest cost and highest power and anything in between (I may have 5 versions of, say a 1.8L motor going from SOCH to DOCH to higher tuned to turbo). I have yet to see anyone talk about this, but to me it is rather detrimental to the flow of the interface.

Basically, in the older versions, you can make an engine, save it and hit the “x” button, and it takes you right back to the engines page
Now, when you hit the x button, it takes you all the way back to the game’s main menu.
I would like that the engine designer function go back to the original operation, of going to the engines list instead of the main menu.

Does anyone have further input to this? Would be greatly appreciated.

Small, but anoying thing, there is no column in the car list for revision.

I made 4 different versions of the same car, different carb setup, but in the list they look the same.
Only way to tell them apart is the cost, fuel consumtion, power, and such.

[quote=“Falcon216”]Hi there! I’ve been following this game and playing it for over a year now. I think this may be my first post to the forums.

I only have one issue so far and that is, after the big UI update (which I have come to love),
It used to be that you could back out to the engine list/“new engine creation” area of the game. But now, after clicking the “x” button to exit the engine designer, the game returns to the main menu. This is quite annoying as I spend a considerable amount of time refining an engine and making several versions of an engine size for both cheapest cost and highest power and anything in between (I may have 5 versions of, say a 1.8L motor going from SOCH to DOCH to higher tuned to turbo). I have yet to see anyone talk about this, but to me it is rather detrimental to the flow of the interface.

Basically, in the older versions, you can make an engine, save it and hit the “x” button, and it takes you right back to the engines page
Now, when you hit the x button, it takes you all the way back to the game’s main menu.
I would like that the engine designer function go back to the original operation, of going to the engines list instead of the main menu.

Does anyone have further input to this? Would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I agree with this. Same thing applies to the car list. We should save and be able to exit the car designer to the car list, and engine list if we are working on an engine directly. It is a bit disruptive to the flow for me, as I became used to it in the old UI. Any way to add this functionality back in the new UI?

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]

[quote=“Falcon216”]Hi there! I’ve been following this game and playing it for over a year now. I think this may be my first post to the forums.

Does anyone have further input to this? Would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I agree with this. Same thing applies to the car list. We should save and be able to exit the car designer to the car list, and engine list if we are working on an engine directly. It is a bit disruptive to the flow for me, as I became used to it in the old UI. Any way to add this functionality back in the new UI?[/quote]

Yeah, there a whole bunch more changes of the designer flow coming that should help this bit :slight_smile:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SCEN_DATA_B305\CEngineCal…”]:1589: attempt to index local ‘EngineDimensions’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

Game crashed to desktop with this error when clicking the engine start button.

when is the update for the fixed version? getting tired of making cars but then not saving afterwards.

Awesome news Daffy, looking forward to it.

I suspect this bug occurs with all cars, but the car i am using is the most modern body available in 1965. If you increase the tyre quality, it will have a minimum profile of 70 from 0 to +3 quality, and a minimum profile of 65 at 4 quality. however, if you then reduce that to +3 or +2 quality the minimum profile stays at 65, only changing at +1 quality. if you are at +2 quality with 65 minimum profile and then go up to +3 quality the minimum profile goes back to 70

also, if you have, for example, a tyre with a profile of 60 and then reduce the quality of the tyres to the point where the minimum profile is 70, the tyres will not change until you change any of the tyres settings

What’s happening when you try to save currently?

my game is pure crashing this is the pic i get while loading the demo ive been trying to get help on your facebook page for 2 hours they reponded but took to long soo killrod help me

When it’s not loading this basic texture, it seems the install is really broken, or something very incompatible with the game. Can you post your DX-Diag? viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3546

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:5484: attempt to index field ‘Ratios’ (a nil value)

OK

“all tech -15, worst possible parts, year 1940, worst engine possible, worst chassis-trim”
make car in 2014, change engine to 1940, select gearbox and nerf everything to minimum, go back to chassis and change to 1940. back to gearbox, choose another gear until ratiometer disappears, go to test and press start.

here killrob

Hope you find the problem
DxDiag.txt (62 KB)

This is most definitely a broken install. Download and install this: automationgame.com/gamefiles/Aut … _B1417.exe

Sometimes when i go to click the X to close the car designer. The game minimizes.

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:81: [string “–shared\functional\math.lua…”]:16: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘b’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:81: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:848: attempt to index local ‘results’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–client\functional\ModelDesignerWindow.lua…”]:2848: attempt to index field ‘results’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

Happened after tuning a V8 into insane power levels on a straight forward track (Track included below if that has anything to say)

It was working fine untill I increased the turbo AR Ratio to about 1.2 and reduced compression to 9.7:1

Car, Test track (Without background) and Engine included.
Bugged Automation.7z (20.5 KB)