B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Over the past day or two the reliability of my copy of Automation has really tanked. Most of these have been video driver errors generated by the OS, but this one was a LUA error generated by the program itself.

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Animatio…”]:294: bad argument #1 to ‘rad’ (number expected, got nil)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

How I got this: I was designing a car in 2003 (yes, for DerBayer’s new challenge) and finished up with the body. I started making an engine (V8) then realized I could save time and make things “Flow” with my car company’s timeline by picking an already saved engine and then bringing it up to date. Well, when I selected this engine in the trim screen(which happened to be build in 1968) then went back to the engine tab to bring it up to snuff/production year. The game flipped out, gave that error (about fifty times), and crashed.

I tried again this time not starting to work on an engine, instead creating the body, then going to the trim tab, selecting the engine, and going back to the engine tab to modify it. Worked fine.

I had put this elsewhere, Niall gave me some things to think about, so I tried replicating the error. Sure enough, create a car body, start to create an engine with 8 cylinders, go to the trim tab, select a 6 cylinder engine, go back to the engine tab, it crashes.

This engine was created originally in B1417, so it’s not updated/patched from a previous version.

From build 1414 up to 1417 I’ve been having a problem where if I run the game in fullscreen 1920x1080, the buttons for selecting the year do not work properly, I have to click them in the bottom-left or right corner. I don’t have this problem running the game in windowed mode in a lower resolution.

Big surprise for me: the current build is the first for me which runs without any errors and crashes! I test the game since the first beta-release. Frame rate is perfect for me, and even loading times are very acceptable. Why is it a surprise? Because my system is a 4 years old low-end PC with WinXP installed even before its final upgrade, about 5-6 years ago. (yes, I’m that lazy :slight_smile: ) Despite these unfriendly conditions Automation runs perfectly on my system! Great job guys!

I got this while going to revise a car.

Lua Error

tolua++ dbcall failed! [string --clientfunctionalengineWizard_UI.lua…]2776 attempt to index local ‘blockConfig’ (a nil value)

OK

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspirati…”]:350: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustPoints’ (a nil value)

OK

this is what shows up when i try to put a mental 4 cyl in the mid engine supercar chassis. the game freezes when this happens

Spoiler and rear fender need marriage counseling (small supercar body)

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspirati…”]:350: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustPoints’ (a nil value)

OK

I receive this error code after the game completely crashes whenever I try to install any forced induction inline engine into a Midship Longitudinal chassis. I always have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to the task manager to close Automation, where the error message is waiting for me.

Build 1418, on the new 2010 coupe, you can lower the front until the radiator pokes out ^^

Engine pokes out of the new '10s coupe as well as the radiator (as previously posted by pHanta) when the nose is lowered

I thought it was fixed in the last release, but on my body today I can’t control the first lip adjustments after placing a second lip again. Downloaded 1418 today.

I receive the following error when i try test track the attached cars on:
Daytona Sports Course
Green Hell
Circuit de la Sarthe
on Nardo the car is just reving the engine in a loop

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:81: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:288: attempt to compare number with nil

Both cars were build using the 1418 build. Both are able to complete other tracks. Also, the above mentioned tracks work just fine with other cars.

Do you guys know any workaround? I intend on entering the cars in the ITA Challenge.

I attached the log.

Edit: After starting to recreate the car from scratch I discovered that the error is generated by the rear wing inclination setting. After a certain value it would crash. Hope it will be addressed soon.
Siret 5000 - Rev0.lua (73.5 KB)
log.txt (66.1 KB)
UAP Brasovia Sport - Rev0.lua (76.3 KB)

Eh, this may be a longshot solution, but try to change the gear spacing by one or two ticks. The car may be having a bit of trouble finding the right gear for those tracks. The error code, seems to indicate that this is not the case, but as it is a known bug, it might be worth a shot. My guess is that the problem is with the track, but that might be a quick fix. What game version are you using?

Build 1418
Weiron 1000 BS scenario

V8, AlSi, 4.492 bore, 4.669 stroke, Billet crank, Titanium conrods, Lightweight forged pistons
Dual overhead cam, AlSi, 13:1 Compression, cam 74, VVT both cams
Direct injected, throttle per cylinder, Performance intake, Super Unleaded, 12:1 Air fuel ratio, timing 60, 6500 rpm
Race tubular, dual exhaust, bypass valves, 3.5" exhaust, no cat, no mufflers

Gives me 1041 horsepower

It doesn’t always happen at the same point, but when you reduce the stroke a ways, then bump the cam to 75 the horsepower will drop from 1000+ to about 540. Returning the cam to 74 will not take it back.
I have to crank the stroke back up to get it to back to 1000+

When you build a car with modern technology for the year, then go back and set the chassis and engine year to ~15-20 years earlier, the game will crash when you enter the trim section of the car designer. I believe that for a small year difference the game would add techpool to whichever parts of the car were too modern for the earlier year.

I will provide logs later if you want them

Whenever I build a turbocharged engine in the car builder I cannot increase the compressor from its original value (I can lower it though). Then, after I have built the engine then try to move onto the gearbox, the game crashes without displaying the Lua error it just generated and has to be force-closed using Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

I have re-installed the whole game twice; once via Automation cleaner and once from scratch. I can build NA cars without drama but the turbo versions kill my Automation sandbox! :open_mouth:

Edit: The maxumum compressor problem seems to only happen when I make an inline 6 and I’m no longer crashing (Deleted some old thumbs)!

[quote=“RaduST”]I receive the following error when i try test track the attached cars on:
Daytona Sports Course
Green Hell
Circuit de la Sarthe
**on Nardo the car is just reving the engine in a loop **

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:81: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:288: attempt to compare number with nil

Both cars were build using the 1418 build. Both are able to complete other tracks. Also, the above mentioned tracks work just fine with other cars.

Do you guys know any workaround? I intend on entering the cars in the ITA Challenge.

I attached the log.

Edit: After starting to recreate the car from scratch I discovered that the error is generated by the rear wing inclination setting. After a certain value it would crash. Hope it will be addressed soon.[/quote]

Just want to bring this back up to the devs… this is causing havoc in trying to run my contest. Nether RaduST nor Jakgoe’s “fixes” are helping with the worst affected car.

[quote=“HighOctaneLove”]
Edit: The maxumum compressor problem seems to only happen when I make an inline 6 and I’m no longer crashing (Deleted some old thumbs)![/quote]

Does the compressor size change if you increase ot decrease the bore of the engine?

[quote=“nialloftara”]

[quote=“HighOctaneLove”]
Edit: The maxumum compressor problem seems to only happen when I make an inline 6 and I’m no longer crashing (Deleted some old thumbs)![/quote]

Does the compressor size change if you increase ot decrease the bore of the engine?[/quote]

I’m not sure (but I think it might do so) as I was building 2L sixes at the time but I also can confirm that this problem happens with the 8’s as well…

The Inline 4 cyl is unaffected!

Whenever I try to use any of these bugged engines in a car the Automation build crashes and I get a lua error that I cannot see/read.

I have re-installed Automation twice today (I deleted ALL my car lua’s) and I have used the manual downloaded B1415 installer and the manually downloaded B1415 to 1418 patcher.

I’m now going to check/confirm the turbo to bore correlation and rebuild (again!) my Prototype 2L Turbo entry with a 2L 4 cylinder engine :frowning:

Edit: Here is the Lua error…

Lua Error:

OK

I’m now giving up on building turbo engines until this Lua error is resolved!!! :smiley: (Tired of making the same car over and over just to have the game crash! :imp: )

Edit No. 2: I have re-tested all engines and the maximum turbo size is restricted by the engine bore diameter on all types, including the 4 cylinders. I have posted the Lua error I get every time I try to use turbo engines in cars but at least I now know my turbo builder isn’t bugged regarding sizing, lol! :smiley:

[quote]I’m not sure (but I think it might do so) as I was building 2L sixes at the time but I also can confirm that this problem happens with the 8’s as well…

The Inline 4 cyl is unaffected!

Whenever I try to use any of these bugged engines in a car the Automation build crashes and I get a lua error that I cannot see/read.

I have re-installed Automation twice today (I deleted ALL my car lua’s) and I have used the manual downloaded B1415 installer and the manually downloaded B1415 to 1418 patcher.

I’m now going to check/confirm the turbo to bore correlation and rebuild (again!) my Prototype 2L Turbo entry with a 2L 4 cylinder engine :frowning:

Edit: Here is the Lua error…

Lua Error:

OK

I’m now giving up on building turbo engines until this Lua error is resolved!!! :smiley: (Tired of making the same car over and over just to have the game crash! :imp: )

Edit No. 2: I have re-tested all engines and the maximum turbo size is restricted by the engine bore diameter on all types, including the 4 cylinders. I have posted the Lua error I get every time I try to use turbo engines in cars but at least I now know my turbo builder isn’t bugged regarding sizing, lol! :smiley:[/quote]

I’m geting exactly the same lua error but only with turbocharged inline engines, tested both 4s and 6s, both work fine without turbocharger. V8 engines works with or without turbocharger.

Edit 1:
I’m only geting the errors with the enine mounted Mid Longitudinal, mounting it in the other positions does not generate an error

Edit 2: Only seems to be a problem with the larger of the two mid engine bodies available from 2002 and onwards, the one with 2.72m/107’’ wheelbase. Fited a small i4 turbo into the smaller (2.36/92.9’’ wheelbase) mid longitudinaly without a problem

Alright, as I was playing around with a car in 1957, with this model, I get this kind of stuff.

What the error is in text:

[code]---------------------------
Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\ModelDesignerWindowDelega…”]:2464: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘V_Max’ (a nil value)

OK

[/code]

EDIT: Also will not actually move if you try to test it.