Over the past day or two the reliability of my copy of Automation has really tanked. Most of these have been video driver errors generated by the OS, but this one was a LUA error generated by the program itself.
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\EngineCombustion_Animatio..."]:294: bad argument #1 to 'rad' (number expected, got nil)
You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
How I got this: I was designing a car in 2003 (yes, for DerBayer's new challenge) and finished up with the body. I started making an engine (V8) then realized I could save time and make things "Flow" with my car company's timeline by picking an already saved engine and then bringing it up to date. Well, when I selected this engine in the trim screen(which happened to be build in 1968) then went back to the engine tab to bring it up to snuff/production year. The game flipped out, gave that error (about fifty times), and crashed.
I tried again this time not starting to work on an engine, instead creating the body, then going to the trim tab, selecting the engine, and going back to the engine tab to modify it. Worked fine.
I had put this elsewhere, Niall gave me some things to think about, so I tried replicating the error. Sure enough, create a car body, start to create an engine with 8 cylinders, go to the trim tab, select a 6 cylinder engine, go back to the engine tab, it crashes.
This engine was created originally in B1417, so it's not updated/patched from a previous version.