B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Hey!

I had a bug!

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–client\functional\CEngineSounds.lua…”]:229: attempt to index field ‘Aspiration’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

Forsøg igen Annuller

This happened while the engine was running/testing, and tried to change the model thingy up top of the screen. (The engine family and stuff :slight_smile:) Hope it helps

This is the current steam version

Cannot progress past front brakes. Cannot select pad type or size.

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/661/OwoOht.png

All items (including front drums) are selected on large 40s body in 1945.

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/G9EcXk.png

I had that one as well but was able to get around it only because I had more than just drums to choose from, there is something wrong with the “none” option of the drums.

I somehow managed to trip the bug with 7 and 8 speed gearboxes on the latest build still.
i.imgur.com/2tjf8xU.png
Playing around with the Top Speed and Spacing settings and switching around between all the different speeds just somehow made it happen. :frowning:

Hello guys,
i’d like to report a minor issue which bugs me a little.

After the Steam update there I experience a loss font sharpness.
I am running automation in windowed mode 1280x720, on a 1366x768 screen resolution as I did before.

Before

After

I’ve copied the 4 files for a car and after i had copied these files i tried to look at the car and i got this

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat…”]:45: attempt to index field ‘Chassis’ (a nil value)

OK

Hey guys

When I created the long sports car, when I went to click on the tab, “New Engine” I get this

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspirati…”]:300: attempt to index field ‘EngineInfo’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

Has happened with more than just the sports car now that i think about it. Even if i get past this and go into the engine designer it only allows me to set the displacement to a maximum of 1.3 liters.

In the “4x4 Drives You” I4 Scenario (possibly others too?), the RPM Limit check isn’t correct. I can do anything between 3000 and 4000 RPM, but only 3000 RPM is supposed to be allowed.
i.imgur.com/LhlkZLq.png

While plopping in an engine (3.0l Turbo I6) into a car which it fits and by itself loads fine, the game froze on me. When I now want to get back to the car in Sandbox selection, the engine is correctly displayed with the Trim, but the variant is “nil”. And when I try to load it, I get this error:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\PlatformDesignerWindowDel…”]:2080: attempt to index field ‘BlockConfig’ (a nil value)

OK

EDIT:

same is happening to another car:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspirati…”]:350: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustPoints’ (a nil value)

OK

Hello guys,

I know it will sound like bitching, but I essentially have only one wish. Please bring back the save button. I am begging you. This used o be one of my favorite ways of relaxing and clearing my mind. After the new Steam release it’s only a cause of frustration. The new auto save function doesn’t work. For the past 3 days I’ve been trying to build one car. One. After exiting, the game just randomly decides that it wants to forget all my progress in the Trim tab. Every time I have to start over from the gearbox onwards. Even if it did work, I’m not sure it’s such a great idea. Plenty of times when I was building a car for a competition I used to exit without saving because I was not pleased with the result of my modifications and I didn’t want to spend the time required to manually revert the changes. Sadly I decided to stop playing the game until the next important update. It’s just too frustrating.

Keep getting

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–client\start scripts\main.lua…”]:35: attempt to index global ‘UIDemoImage’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

While in game, Don’t notice it until I ALT+Tab out of the game.

When I was doing the I6 challenge to make the modern sub 2L NA racing I6 no matter what I did it said my total cost was too high to complete the challenge, even when my total cost was below the value defined by the challenge, and when I tried to take an in-game screen-shot with the camera button, the client crashed

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\PlatformDesignerWindowDel…”]:2394: table index is nil

OK

Playing the game since hours. Very well done!
But now it refuses to work. I get freezes when i try to change the names of the car but also in several other situations. Mainly if i try to access my allready built cars in sandbox.

System: I5 4670K, 16Gb Ram , Geforce GTX 780, Asus Maximum ranger Board

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\PlatformDesignerWindowDel…”]:2394: table index is nil

OK

and again. Now while try to insert a engine. By the way. No Matter which car i build with 6 cyl engine in a row. Allways i get the message engine is to big. Even if i build it very small.

Some bodies cannot fit a straight six, no matter how small.

Scenario: The Posh Borgan doesn’t work. It’s missing a 5th requirment. The Car cost less than $8500 but the requirement was not fulfilled. See pic.

The scenario works fine for me (edit: just got gold). What’s missing is a string for one of the hints/tips. Has nothing to do with the requirements. What build are you using?

Using the uploaded engine made for a community challenge (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6017). I was able to increase the displacement of the engine by creating a new variant (not by cloning another variant, but pressing the button to make a new one from scratch). The engine displacement is then set at 2L instead of the family displacement which was 1.4L. If you then move the variant bore size slider one tick and return it to the maximum setting it will return to the maximum confines of the engine family.

To recreate effect:
-Load the engine
-Watch the displacement of the models and family
-Create a new variant (not by copying an older one)
-Look at the displacement value

-Downscale the variant bore and return to max size limit
-Displacement is now corrected to family engine displacement limits.
Engines.zip (17.4 KB)

Seriously just bought the game today and I keep getting the attached notification. The game loads fine up until the menus. When I try to open sandbox or campaign it does nothing, then I alt+tab over to find the notification. Also, anytime I would ever try to alt+tab back to windows, even when using the demo and the hour or so the game was working fine, I cannot get back into the game. I can hear the click as I move the mouse around like it is over buttons, but I cannot see the game and just have to force close it.

Upon playing with, I think, the fuel injection methods for the I6, I noticed a ton of lag in the UI. I pressed “`” which brought up the console, it’s being spammed with:
“Unable to get intake settings for config: INL6”
Here’s the engine it is happening on:
EDIT: Changing the ‘Configuration’ under ‘Fuel System’ (e.x. Single to Dual, Dual to Throttle Per Cylinder) on any I6 is causing this.
I6Scenario5.lua (44.7 KB)