B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

For some reason the very long version of the old square 4 door body has a cargo space of 0l

to recreate:
make car with that body with front longitudinal AWD, double wishbones all round, stretch the back window as far back as it can go and squish the boot as far as it will go. despite there being loads of space the cargo volume is 0l

So far I have encountered two things mainly.

1. Game crashes on returning from Alt+TAB (Automation has stopped working bla bla), when using the windowed mode, I am unable to see or reach the lower UI bar at the bottom. (Resolution 1920x1080 16:9)

2. Turned music volume down completely and upon switching into the engine desinger in sandbox mode, an annoying humming sound appears, as if a sound doesn’t load properly, gets stuck.

Keep em coming, the more we find, the better!

I found a few bugs, some two minor and one that made the game chrash.

1. Many car parts are to big
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79625232/gams/Automation/B1408%2B/Bug1.PNG

2. Accept and cancel button.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79625232/gams/Automation/B1408%2B/bug2.PNG

3. Buggy sound after a period and game crash on UAC popup.(Happend 4 times, and it happens on any car and engine)
    youtube.com/watch?v=hMp_OTZJF54&

I wanted to share these, especially the last one, since i can’t come further than the engine before game crashes.

Got a graphic error.
When i enter the platform “tab” after making an engine, the torque@rpm,hp@rpm and bar@rpm from the dyno is still on the screen. (the latest engine run)

Annoying, but not important. I’m running fullscreen 1920x1200 on a Radeon 4890. Win Vista 64.

Got this error when trying to load the car attached to this post

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\UnitConversions.lua…”]:26: bad argument #2 to ‘format’ (number expected, got string)

Bugged car.rar (21.5 KB)

Nice update, I like it :slight_smile:

Here are my findings so far.

• As others have mentioned:
    a) Unable to change year for engine (2014) when making platform/model.
    b) Long pause between songs (with background noise)
  • Acceleration (80km/h-120km/h) stat is always in red color, (when value increase and decrease)
  • Downforce Rear stat keeps wrong previous value, and appears to always be in green color
  • Service Cost stat for model show only zero as previous value (but do change color)
  • In model testing, label for horizontal axis on diagram for Acceleration, Body Bump & Yaw Rate is too close to values, sometimes overlapping the values. Also vertical label on Body Bump
  • When revising car, going directly to drivetrain-tab, the engine name has been set back to default (I use my own naming scheme), and it will be the same also when going to edit the engine from the model. So if I want to make adjustments to the engine, I will have to type the name again before saving (to overwrite previous engine)

Not sure if working as intended: from 17" and upwards the tyre size gets seriously limited

Looking great guys :slight_smile:

some little bugs i came across:

• first car i built (mid engine) had no wheels despite choosing zwheel size etc and wouldnt start the test track (obviously, i guess :p)

• if i click on choose engine in the gearing tab, the navigation tab at the bottom of the screen disappears / flickers
    http://i.imgur.com/auJ2Ait.jpg

• Sometimes when i stop the test track run mid-test, if i try to run it again it just fails and the car remains in the position where it last stoped. no error message.

• with large wheels, maximum tire width decreases the more you increase the rim size. ie on the muscle car, 710mm dia wheels, 15" rim = max 345mm width on the back. 21" rim = max 185mm on the back.

Got this when I adjusted the quality of the entertainment before selecting one of the entertainment options

---------------------------
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul..."]:246: attempt to index field 'Entertainment' (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
OK   

The brake discs do not line up with the wheel hub (Have seen this on both the supercar bodies, haven’t tested others yet)

Depends on what tech year you’re making your model on. Game simply restricts low profile tyres, especially on earlier years. You can either increase the wheel diameter, or decrease the rim size.

[quote=“Kubboz”]

Depends on what tech year you’re making your model on. Game simply restricts low profile tyres, especially on earlier years. You can either increase the wheel diameter, or decrease the rim size.[/quote]

Alright, then it probably does work as intended, it was quite a jump though.

[quote=“Reaper392”]For some reason the very long version of the old square 4 door body has a cargo space of 0l

to recreate:
make car with that body with front longitudinal AWD, double wishbones all round, stretch the back window as far back as it can go and squish the boot as far as it will go. despite there being loads of space the cargo volume is 0l[/quote]

Sometimes I get the same bug and the only solution that i got is to build a new car or change the body type

I got this when trying to enter sandbox after launching the game

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\CCarManager.lua…”]:151: attempt to index field ‘Results’ (a nil value)

OK

And now it keeps happening and I can’t play sandbox anymore.It worked normally on first 2 runs of the update.Scenarios seem to work fine though

I fixed it by moving all models out of automation save folder

My spacing slider seems to not do anything after the first time i set it, then no movement actually registers.

http://i.imgur.com/L4tzSMX.png I think this is a bug. o_o

Damn, I thought we killed that one. Ok, noted! :slight_smile:

The maximum speed gearbox crash still happens for me :frowning: .

I think MPG values may be a bit too inflated. I’m getting 40 mpg on a modern turbocharged V8 supercar that is pushing 600 hp, plus my actual city cars are getting mpgs in the 50+ range. That’s hybrid territory.

Just a minor bug, but when I click on Scenarios, then on Cars, it says “_missing_Scenario_Cars_Description.”

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:4623: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘?’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

dear mr. mation, here is a new bug

I tried making a car in 1959, engine designer was stuck in 2014, no buttons to change year. this isn’t your average bug here bud, it evolved to the point where it got me every time