B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Two bugs:
First (marked with red) appears when you make more than one complete design.
Second (blue) is f**king strange shit, i don’t know the name for this issue. Appeared once with small '65 coupe body.

Tried to increase safety quality in the brick car scenario before adding any safety equipment and got the following error:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalcul…”]:208: attempt to index field ‘Safety’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Main.l…”]:1255: attempt to index field ‘BlockConfig’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

Ponów próbę Anuluj

got this error when trying to launch up 24 Hour Endurance V8 scenario. After dismissing the game closed.

[quote=“Route99”]Two bugs:
Second (blue) is f**king strange shit, i don’t know the name for this issue. Appeared once with small '65 coupe body.[/quote]

This is an issue we are aware of prior to it being reported a couple times in this thread. I found a workaround in the past that might still work; just select the same platform again and it should be sorted?

Just to reiterate KillRobs first post, If you can provide a step by step of what you did for it to occur it would help us out.

That goes for everyone, if you can manage to recreate the bugs you guys find and give a step by step it would help massively :slight_smile:

[quote=“Chrj”]Got this while browsing through my old engines in the engine designer. Just clicked on one of the engines to look at its stats and the game chrashed with the following error message:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineCal…”]:264: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustBypassValves’ (a nil value)

Edit: Seems like it happens after i have clicked on a few engines.[/quote]

Had this several times with a newly develloped engine…

I wanted to revise the engine but it freezed suddenly and i got the same error.

Also I’ve buid a mid engine sportscar, light and nimble, 1.7 turbo engine in it doing 230hp, 25% economy, big tires (265 wide) but it still does only 4 lt/100km…isn’t that a bit optimistic for a AWD 1200kg sportscar??

As said before, turbos need to be reworked.

[quote=“Astraman”]

[quote=“Chrj”]Got this while browsing through my old engines in the engine designer. Just clicked on one of the engines to look at its stats and the game chrashed with the following error message:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineCal…”]:264: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustBypassValves’ (a nil value)

Edit: Seems like it happens after i have clicked on a few engines.[/quote]

I wanted to revise the engine but it freezed suddenly and i got the same error.[/quote]

Bypass valves are a year restricted option now any engine that used them prior to its minimum year in the beta will not load, you’ll have to go back and install to the last version and edit them there.

[quote=“nialloftara”]

I wanted to revise the engine but it freezed suddenly and i got the same error.

Bypass valves are a year restricted option now any engine that used them prior to its minimum year in the beta will not load, you’ll have to go back and install to the last version and edit them there.[/quote]

I read this, but this is an engine all new, 2014, completely designed in this version and still it crashed. Strangely enough i’ve tried to reproduce it and it didn’t occur constantly now… :confused: sometimes I can revise it, sometime I can’t.

A glitch I encountered on the large muscle car body. I didn’t modify the body, it appeared when I changed the rim offset.

I can confirm this, with the body, also with increasing the tire width until it resets itself back to 205 or the value for that.

Sometimes when I’m increasing the rim diameter or tire width (never had it happen for any other setting), when I click “up” it goes down, and the only way to get back to the higher number is to go down and then up again.

[quote=“CNSpots1”]

It is definitely not normal when the same doesn’t happen for other cars bodies. We have to investigate. How much does your framerate drop compared to other bodies?

Well comparatively, if I take just any other generic body, I can rotate around it and so on with a seamless FPS. If I take the mid-engined body, it suddenly drops incredible amounts, the framerate drops so much it’s as if I’m watching it in slow motion. Swapping to another body immediately remedies the effect and my FPS is restored.[/quote]

Weird, for me I DO get framerate drops when moving fixtures around the supercar body, BUT I get the same 29FPS or so when rotating around any of the bodies, no matter which one. Curious.

It’s probably something we’ll have to improve later on when the big old game engine swap happens.

The bug is the game freezes and then it give me the:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\CCarManager.lua…”]:151: attempt to index field ‘Results’ (a nil value)

How can I fix this T~T I was so motivated creating my car :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]Weird, for me I DO get framerate drops when moving fixtures around the supercar body, BUT I get the same 29FPS or so when rotating around any of the bodies, no matter which one. Curious.

It’s probably something we’ll have to improve later on when the big old game engine swap happens.[/quote]

Is it possible that the open beta has a sort of uncompressed or unrefined version of the model? Or alternatively, is it possible that a faulty install could have resulted in these sorts of problems? It’s just really peculiar that it only happens with one set of bodies, even the tiny 80’s mid engine body works perfectly fine. I’m hoping it will be resolved, I can tolerate the lag to a degree, but it’s not particularly experience enhancing. The same body seems to have tearing issues as well with grills on the rear bumper (which, I’m not sure if it’s intended or not, but putting vents on the upper rear bumper has no cooling effect. You’d think it would considering it would allow heat to vent off the engine and exhaust system.)

Again, many times over, thanks for your time.

[quote=“CNSpots1”]

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]Weird, for me I DO get framerate drops when moving fixtures around the supercar body, BUT I get the same 29FPS or so when rotating around any of the bodies, no matter which one. Curious.

It’s probably something we’ll have to improve later on when the big old game engine swap happens.[/quote]

Is it possible that the open beta has a sort of uncompressed or unrefined version of the model? Or alternatively, is it possible that a faulty install could have resulted in these sorts of problems? It’s just really peculiar that it only happens with one set of bodies, even the tiny 80’s mid engine body works perfectly fine. I’m hoping it will be resolved, I can tolerate the lag to a degree, but it’s not particularly experience enhancing. The same body seems to have tearing issues as well with grills on the rear bumper (which, I’m not sure if it’s intended or not, but putting vents on the upper rear bumper has no cooling effect. You’d think it would considering it would allow heat to vent off the engine and exhaust system.)

Again, many times over, thanks for your time.[/quote]

Nah, I think I know what it is. The calculations for both deforming cars and stamping things into cars are a bit slow at the moment, and the more polygons there are in the car model, the worse it is. The supercar is about 10% higher poly count than the next highest car, and so it’ll be the slowest. We’ve also specifically seen a lot more lag with tail-lights than any other fixture. I’m getting about 4 FPS stamping taillights on the supercar.

There are things we can do to improve the performance, but frankly I think it’ll be better to wait until we move to Unity, then put in a bunch of effort optimizing the stamping performance as much as we can.

The tearing issues are where I’ve messed up doing the UV unwrapping for the body. That’s a quick and easy fix, and in fact I’ve fixed it for the supercar just now.

The vents is a thing I’d have to check with Caz and Rob, as to how those calcs are working.

[quote=“ryandude2448”]I’ve been trying to build a car off of the DB5/P1800/250GT body and EVERY SINGLE TIME it freezes the game and crashes it. No matter what I’m doing, or how fast I do it, it crashes to Windows. I can’t save any of the progress for an unknown reason- I’d assume because I don’t have an engine, suspension, interior etc set up. It just crashed for the 10th time (literally), and I said “F**k it, I’m done.” The other bodies work 100% fine, and I will gladly say that all the new bodies have excellent morphing.
I mean, if it helps… The game crashed while putting fixtures on the rear. If I had to guess, 5 were caused by vents/grilles on the back, two due to exhaust, two due to a spoiler (that was insta-crash, couldn’t even place it) and the remaining was taillights…[/quote]

This is a really wierd one, I just built a few cars with that body, and it didn’t seem to matter how many fixtures I places on it or where.

Can anyone else see if they can make this happen on their game, and let me know what seemed to do it for them?

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]This is a really wierd one, I just built a few cars with that body, and it didn’t seem to matter how many fixtures I places on it or where.

Can anyone else see if they can make this happen on their game, and let me know what seemed to do it for them?[/quote]

I could recreate the bug either.Maybe it only happens in a certain year or with suspension etc. choices?

[quote=“Drummerdude48”]

[quote=“Route99”]Two bugs:
Second (blue) is f**king strange shit, i don’t know the name for this issue. Appeared once with small '65 coupe body.[/quote]

This is an issue we are aware of prior to it being reported a couple times in this thread. I found a workaround in the past that might still work; just select the same platform again and it should be sorted?

Just to reiterate KillRobs first post, If you can provide a step by step of what you did for it to occur it would help us out.

That goes for everyone, if you can manage to recreate the bugs you guys find and give a step by step it would help massively :slight_smile:[/quote]

First bug appears every time you create a car with new engine, then go create another car. Second appeared once when i just launched the game and started to design a new car with '65 small coupe body. Never seen it after.

Forgot to screenshot it, but I did have a minor glitch, I went in to the engine designer in sandbox to fiddle around with a few engines, came back out and went in to the body designer and the torque/power numbers and plot points from the engine testing graphs were still visible in the window…