B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

I seem to have noticed a bug when switching units in the options menu. After changing the units from liters/cc to CI or vice versa then go and try to revise an engine the game will freeze and will not respond after that. The only way to fix it is to restart the game.

Yeah, I’ve definitely seen this one before.

When trying to build a car in 1946, the game freezes and there’s nothing to do but exiting it.

I Have a very interesting test track.
pic’s from my phone as printscreen doesnt work for automation on my PC

When double clicking on an engine to revise it:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Util.l…”]:95: attempt to index field ‘BlockConfig’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

[quote=“ktos3”]I got this when trying to enter sandbox after launching the game

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\CCarManager.lua…”]:151: attempt to index field ‘Results’ (a nil value)

OK

And now it keeps happening and I can’t play sandbox anymore.It worked normally on first 2 runs of the update.Scenarios seem to work fine though

I fixed it by moving all models out of automation save folder[/quote]

I got this same error when trying to save a new car after downloading B1409. It saved the engine just fine. It will not save the car. Both engine and car are 2014. Length and Height arrows on engine were yellow, and width was green. It has one wing on the trunk and one lip on the front splitter. It is Corrosion Resistant Steel Monocoque chassis and Steel body panels. Nothing exotic or special about this car.

I have corrected this issue after running on a test track. This populated the results area which is blank in the photo below. I don’t think this is as intended…is it?

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\CCarManager.lua…”]:151: attempt to index field ‘Results’ (a nil value)

OK

I also see an issue with tracks. The start point isn’t lining up with the track top to bottom. I tried on several tracks. Left to right seems to be alright. The Automation Test Track is giving the psychadelic blue/purple/pink screen. All of the other tracks I have loaded are not lined up correctly. I have not gone all the way through this thread yet, so if it was already reported, forgive me. :slight_smile: (You know I love the tracks!)

I can’t seem to do anything with exhausts/mufflers. Reinstalling to see if it goes away.

Edit: Went away. Probably shouldn’t install 1362-1409 over 1408.

I’m the boss of the engine fuel consumption (is a big bug of the game).

Download the engine, and put in sport car of 2014 (the big body in rwd and middle longitudinal engine, with 7th sequential gearbox and the resto of the values are default), and look the fuel consumption: is 0.70 l/100km, and the engine had a fuel efficiency of 1%!.

4.0L XP 16V OHC SUPERBUGRev0.lua (39.8 KB)

Another issue: in 2013, Jeep-FIAT presents an automatic gearbox with 9th gears, and Mercedes-Benz in this year (the car is available to buy): the 9G-TRONIC in the Klasse E, and the game, the 9th gearbox automatic is not available in 2014.

Again, those would have been the product of a lot of research, I’d say as of 2014 that 9 speeds aren’t default tech available to everyone.

LUA ERROR:

To reproduce the error, you need to download the engine bugged of the last message, and this:

Montes R480 - Rev0.lua (79.8 KB)

Try to open the car in the car editor, and the car no load, and press windows button of the keyboard.

Got this when I tried to run my car on the airfield track.

These bugs are a turbo piping (in mid-engined turbocharged cars only), and a tire glitch (when enlarged at maximum wheel diameter, also occurred with larger mid-engined 2010s Coupe and 2000s Sedan and 1970s Muscle) (bugs in blue circles)

I’m finding on a brand new install with no prior scenario data the scenarios aren’t saving progress, meaning when I exit out and re-enter it my gold medal engine is gone, and the scenario selection screen shows no medal awarded to it. I did get the tutorial difficulty I6 engine to save progress with a medal and everything though for some reason, but none of the other random scenarios did.

If i design a car with ladder chassis and mid transverse engine, this is what happens:

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if it is intentional, but the classic late 60s american muscle car body doesn’t seem to like very long engines. It seems to have the short engine chassis in it which seems unusual considering they type of car it is, and especially unusual when you compare bonnet lengths with other cars with the long engine chassis

Also, on the car with fins you cant adjust the wheel arches. Again, not sure if this is a bug or intentional due to these adjustments not working well

Yes, this is intentional, and has to do with the wheel covers.

You probably should mark problem with bright colour.

Superbug: When I place in the side of car a air vent fixture, the fixture cooling is 0.0 Kj/s, and the total (for example) is 1330 Kj/s.

When I increase the size of the vent fixture, the fixture cooling is 0.0 Kj/s, but the total INCREASED (for example, pass from 1330 to 1430), WITHOUT ADD ANY MORE FIXTURE WHEN I LOOKED THIS BUG.

I’ve tested this with the big supercar central engine in 2014.

P.S: Fix the issue when the Automation is minimized to tray, and you try to resize the game, this blocks.

[quote=“Route99”]

You probably should mark problem with bright colour.[/quote]

The chassis disappears and the wheels too…even though the calculations are maid.

[quote=“vmo”]Superbug: When I place in the side of car a air vent fixture, the fixture cooling is 0.0 Kj/s, and the total (for example) is 1330 Kj/s.

When I increase the size of the vent fixture, the fixture cooling is 0.0 Kj/s, but the total INCREASED (for example, pass from 1330 to 1430), WITHOUT ADD ANY MORE FIXTURE WHEN I LOOKED THIS BUG.

I’ve tested this with the big supercar central engine in 2014.[/quote]

This is on the list of things to fix :slight_smile: I think having grilles/vents on the bonnet of the car cause this issue.

[quote=“Drummerdude48”]

Yeah that issue has been know for a long long time now (I think there might be a couple threads about it somewhere). Playing in windowed mode prevents it. If I remember correctly, the reason it hasnt been dealt with is because there are constantly more important things to be worked on.[/quote]