B1414+ Bug Reporting Thread

Pink is fabulous, but sadly doesn’t fit the car.

Another bug, although a cool one: when painting your car silver/chrome, save it, and repaint it, the fixtures stay in silver

[quote=“Dragawn”]Another bug, although a cool one: when painting your car silver/chrome, save it, and repaint it, the fixtures stay in silver

http://i.imgur.com/3myoTb0.png[/quote]

I bet that makes the price go up by $200 too

Some Graphical things look very bad :-/

Very Old Bug but Still in the latest Build…
prntscr.com/4dfr80

The Pipes for the Intercooler O.o
prntscr.com/4dfquv

Hmm and why we can not have an Trunk in the Front? The “Smart” has a little “Trunk” in the Front.

Where is my cardan shaft for the Front Wheel drive?
prntscr.com/4dfq8p

And what is that stupid black thing in the Middle which i have already seen in Older releases…

The Brakes? O.o
prntscr.com/4dfqck

And than there are Some “Missing_Translation” in the German version like in the Transmission Tab and so on…

I hope that the Germans get an Update soon.

Really enjoying the update so a big thanks to the devs.
A couple of problems I have come across in 1410 patch. These are both related to tyres.

1. If you are in an early year (I have found it in the mid fifties and older) when you increase the tyre size it increases to a point and then takes a jump back in size. i.e. 100>105>110>115>110 then it reaches a point where it will no longer increase.

2. Tyres in general don’t react well to platform year changes but if you make an extreme change like start in 2014 build a design set the tyres (eg 215/45 R15) then go and change the platform year to say 1974 you go back to tyres and they are now really wide (eg 680/15 R15) and will not return to normal values even if you return the year. I don’t know but perhaps this is related to moving the year to one were you should not have that body.

Any way I hope my descriptions can help you find and fix these problems and thanks again for many a frustrated hour tweaking scenario cars trying to get those perfect scores.

One problem I found on B1410 was the screen scaling, I use my 14" laptop with 1366x768 resolution to play the game. Because of that diminutive screen, I always play the game with 1366x740, so that the window frames are accounted for and I am able to use the remaining screen. However, now the screen accounts for the windows task bar, but insists on calling it the 768p version. I understand this was made to avoid the confusion about the new UI bar, but the pixels I lost are of fundamental importance in my tiny screen.

Clicking at the Multiplayer Button in the Main Menu crashes the Game.

Bunch of bugs from me:

1. Progress bar is misplaced and distorted when starting game in windowed mode
    https://api.monosnap.com/image/download?id=zRQiHQRxIDXHqTjtc9sIqmqaeEu12g

2. Engine name is misplaced with default one in car constructor:

1. Exception occurs when user tries to review some engines
    https://api.monosnap.com/image/download?id=Y3zcpBumworU981DwxeqEnbGjKmmoq
    Attaching engine file as well:
    take.ms/zWbbD

2. It’s possible to add engine from year 2020 to car from year 1940.

• Select car from older years (i.e. 1940) for review
  • Open Trim step
  • Tap on “Coose engine” button
  • Select engine from year 2020

Observed:

• It’s possible step

Expected:

• May be it’s a feature request, but I think application should allow selection only from engines which are same year as a car
  1. Torque curve variable (as well as Utility variable) is out of border value for engine with torque > 2000NM
  • Create a new car
  • Select engine with Torque > 2000NM for it
  • Check car variables

Observed:

Expected:

• Value is not out of border

Attaching my engine:
take.ms/sPRQK

1. Engine parameters on curve are misplaced in windowed mode (same occurs in full screen mode, but they are not “cutted” this hard)
    https://api.monosnap.com/image/download?id=B1BJ6KPnHnhuSqHNQ7BdCxgO8RChYc

It’s a rather request than a bug report, but please turn up the maximum engine (and exhausts) sounds. it used to have a good mix balance back to B1362.
Now I can barely hear the exhaust sounds when the engine is low reving…
Also It would be great if we can adjust engine, ambient, effects and music volume separately.

Turbo engine becomes elephant after selecting intake (in engine builder sandbox), (re)selecting (another) fuel type fixes it

it’s much better than before because of the new 1412 patch. Great job, Devies I admire your work :smiley:

BTW, In 1412, I’ve got the lua related error as shown below when I tried to revise an engine I made.
It seems that This type of error only occurs on editing extremely tuned ones(e.g. my engine in this case has 0 of reliability, 1300cc I4 DOHC Turbocharged, which outputs 402hp@7500rpm :mrgreen: ).

Engine file
RX130T-E3Rev0.lua (79.9 KB)

[quote=“statman”]BTW, In 1412, I’ve got the lua related error as shown below when I tried to revise an engine I made.
It seems that This type of error only occurs on editing extremely tuned ones(e.g. my engine in this case has 0 of reliability, 1300cc I4 DOHC Turbocharged, which outputs 402hp@7500rpm :mrgreen: ).[/quote]

Could you attach an engine that produces this error? That would help finding the exact cause! Cheers!

[quote=“Killrob”]

[quote=“statman”]BTW, In 1412, I’ve got the lua related error as shown below when I tried to revise an engine I made.
It seems that This type of error only occurs on editing extremely tuned ones(e.g. my engine in this case has 0 of reliability, 1300cc I4 DOHC Turbocharged, which outputs 402hp@7500rpm :mrgreen: ).[/quote]

Could you attach an engine that produces this error? That would help finding the exact cause! Cheers![/quote]

I’ve attached the engine file, killrob.
Also I’ve found another bug. no statistics changed, no matter I toggled ABS, Traction controls, launch controls, power steering, on and off…
136T2x - Rev0.lua (121 KB)

RX130T-E3Rev0.lua (79.9 KB)

Thanks, statman, we’ll investigate!

Dunno if has been posted but while playing with fixtures; with two lips on the car, if you need to tweak the lip that you placed first (bottom white arrow), ‘the selector’ goes directly to the second one, so you have to delete the latter to tweak the first one.

Please accept my apologies for making videos. I downloaded software to do this video tonight, and didn’t spend a lot of time learning to use it. Videos aren’t my thing, as you can see. I think it works to display the issue I have been experiencing, however. The two Automation Tracks work fine, but all of my custom tracks are aligned incorrectly. I used the Airfield track to demonstrate it is working. Both of the custom tracks still work fine in B1362, but are about 1/4" high in B1410+. The video below is private. I don’t really share YouTube videos with the general public. I’m thinking this began with the auto scaling in windowed mode which was just implemented, but I can’t swear to it. I mentioned it, with a screen shot before. Here is a video of it, in case it is only on my pc.

youtu.be/C3nWTjcypk0

Is this the case when you are running 1280x720 windowed mode too?

It looks like there is an Problem with the Engine Size Calculation
I made nice looking car. But if i made the Engine it was too big.

But it was only an 500ccm 4 cylinder Engine… Still to big :frowning:

[quote=“Spock”]It looks like there is an Problem with the Engine Size Calculation
I made nice looking car. But if i made the Engine it was too big.
But it was only an 500ccm 4 cylinder Engine… Still to big :frowning:[/quote]

Which car body, which drive type and which engine layout?

[quote=“Killrob”]

Is this the case when you are running 1280x720 windowed mode too?[/quote]

I didn’t test it before, but just now I did. Yes, it is the same in windowed mode at 1280x720. Native resolution is 1366x768, which is the setting used in the video.

I should add, I still have B1362 installed (although I can’t seem to save any models with it) and it does not do it there.