Balance with pickups and vans

The balance changes might make this all pointless, but I’d figure I’d say this anyway:

-Pickup bodies don’t seem to do much overall. Would “pickup” as a category unto itself with similar flags as the current convertible one help, or would that just get in the way?

-Second, I’ve noticed that pickups/utes or panel van bodies based on smaller cars, as opposed to bigger SUVs, seem to be currently not worth the trouble. I may just be unable to balance them, but find that when I shift from a car body to a pickup or van version of the same (smaller) car, it knocks down the “car-related” categories considerably and doesn’t raise the “cargo-carrying” ones enough to compensate.

Is there any merit to what I’m saying or am I just playing the game badly?

1 Like

The balance between pickups and vans sure is wonky at the moment and that is something we need to look into for the upcoming rebalance!

7 Likes

Smaller trucks and Utes don’t fare well in the market? Man, your guys’ simulations are eerily accurate to real life.

Small trucks being unpopular in 'murica is mainly a recent problem, but I’d blame the lack of decent options for that.

If you want 4x4 and a V6 you have to pay 30+K, at which point the 4x4 V6 full size pickups seem like a better deal.

1 Like

Or when you spend an extra $10,000 get the same or better fuel economy 4x the capability, and a more comfortable ride with a full size and a v8. Which is why our last purchase was an F150 with the 5.0. It gets darn near the same fuel economy as my mid sized with a 4 cyl and the new ones don’t do any better and are less capable.