Baltazar Automóveis

To those of you who seem surprised, you shouldn’t be. That just means you haven’t been here long enough.

Leo has been pretty quiet on the lore company front last year, but even way back from 2014, his cars are real competitors. Znopresk has been around for ages too, and Saminda’s lore is extremely well developed. But never underestimate the cars Baltazar makes for itself.

11 Likes

#Presenting the 2017 Baltazar Quasar

First shown off to the public in the Slipstream Magazine comparison between compact sedans, where it won first prize over Saminda, Microdesigns and Znopresk, the Quasar then went on to win an award for best looking sedan of 2016.

The normal range is comprised of several engines. On the USA, the car is sold with a 2.0 engine, in 3 states of tune, all with VVL and direct injection. The basic car is naturally aspirated, with 163 hp. The second is turbo-charged, with low levels of boost, for 200 hp. And the third has several changes, to increase boost, for a total of 325 hp, as fitted on the RS version.

All cars feature a multilink rear suspension, for improved ride and handling, a raft of safety features and some aluminium outer panels, for lightness and increased efficiency.

#Details of the 2.0 SX trim

#2.0T Premium

13 Likes

The whole Quasar range is incredibly tempting - I’d buy one with my own money if it existed in real life!

2 Likes

We’re 2! Damn, this thing looks good. I’m in love with this Quasar SX, I would own one for sure.

2 Likes

That rear light styling is just sublime. So contemporary yet fresh. This really is one of the best compacts on sale today.

3 Likes

#The 1947 Baltazar EP1

The EP1 is the very first car made by Baltazar. It comes with a 4-cylinder 730 cc engine, with a direct actuated overhead cam and a small eco carburetor, for a total of 27 hp. Enough to get the car from 0-100 km/h in 27.9s and to a top speed of 120 km/h.
From 1947 until 1951, it was available in two trim levels, BS (bog-standard) and S (safe), the difference between the two being the added safety package.
During its life the car received several improvements, such as a bigger 850 cc engine, a radio, better safety equipment, a 5-speed gearbox and even an off-road version, with locking diffs and mud tyres.

Stats will be uploaded after the end of the CSR 31.

8 Likes

#Presenting the Quark Mk1.

#####Shown here in 1974’ 1700GT spec.

After many years in production, the EP1 couldn’t cut it with the more innovative, more modern small cars that were showing up in the mid-70s. Since the Quasar had been a sucess, but was growing for its second generation, that created a gap in the range that required a new, forward-thinking, small car. And that is where the original Quark fits.

With a range of engines and specs that comprised the same engine as fitted in the EP1, here with 850 cc, a brand-new inline 4 engine offered from launch in 1250 cc and 1650 cc guises, with a sporty 1700 cc model coming along a couple of years later, in 1976.

##Versions (please, note, these cars have been made 2 years ago, and I haven’t revised the engines since):

###74’ 1650L

###75’ 850B

###76’ 1700GT

10 Likes

Looks great and IS A FASTBACK! :smiley: Me likey :slight_smile:

Any performance specs for that 1700GT? It looks seriously nippy!

I will have a look, forgot to add those :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As shown in the Geneva Motor Show thread.

#Another model joins the Baltazar RS range - presenting the Kilimanjaro RS.

######Credits to @titleguy1 for the photoshop
Powered by the same 2.0 inline 4 turbo engine found on the Quasar RS, producing the same 325 hp, which power all four-wheels via the same 7-speed twin-clutch gearbox, the Kilimanjaro RS is the car for those who need practicality, yet also want a fast car.

How fast? 0-100 in 5.3 seconds fast. Enough to get the kids sick in the morning, that’s for sure.
The RS comes with 19" wheels, designed to give extra kerb appeal, if not extra kerb proofing. The interior packs a 8.5" infotainment with satnav and bluetooth.

All of this for just $30,050.

12 Likes

#The Complete 2017 Baltazar Quasar sedan range.

After the launch in late 2016, for the start of sales in early 2017, the Baltazar Quasar sedan range went on to win numerous awards, for both design and enginnering prowess. Due to the nature of the markets, the Quasar sedan will be mainly sold in North and South Americas and Asia.

Due to the necessities of those markets, the only engine offered will be the brand-new 2.0 inline 4, always equipped with direct injection and variable valve timing and lift, in 3 states of tune: a naturally-aspirated 165 hp unit, and two turbos, one with 202 hp and the other with 325 hp, in the RS version.

As for the trim levels, the base SX version can only be had with the 165 hp engine, with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed DCT gearbox. Mid-spec Premium can be had with either 165 hp or 202 hp outputs, both always mated to a DCT gearbox, 6-speeds on the natually aspirated one and 7-speeds on the turbocharged car.

And, at least, here is the hot RS325 version, in sedan body, equipped with the 325 hp 2.0 engine, mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 7-speed DCT transmission.

##Trim details

[details=2.0 SX MT - $17,640]

[/details]

2.0 SX AT - $18,860

2.0 Premium - $22,860 @27%

2.0 Turbo Premium - $23,920 @30%

RS325 MT - $29,565

###Feedback is welcomed and if you have any direct rivals to the Quasar sedan, feel free to post a small introduction and a link for the post the car is featured in.

12 Likes

Does the Kilimanjaro share a platform with the Quasar (albeit stretched)? That could explain why their dynamics are quite sporty, along with a whole host of other similarities…

Also, I still remember your first CSR-winning entry: the mid-engined, two-seater Zeppelin, which won CSR4 against some really tough competition. When, if ever, are you going to show it (or anything else from Baltazar other than the models and trims shown here) in this thread? Especially since I would like to know more about your company’s history.

And will the Quasar ever be offered with two or three doors? I have a hunch that it might look even better than it already is in those forms…

Edit: If any other users have named trim levels for a particular car model after chemical elements, please let me know.

Yes, they do share platforms, wheelbase is as close as it could be in the game. In my mind, they would share basic suspension mounting points and geometry (the most important part of it), all of the powertrain components, including gearboxes and a lot of the interior structure. Much like the Ford Focus and Kuga/Escape or Audi A3 and Q3.

As for the other three requests. You might see the full Zeppelin really soon (I had to delete the original file, but I’m planning on remaking it for CSR 39, if it gets done, it will be posted here). About the history, well, as I need the cars for challenges, or feel like making them, they will get posted here. For example, I think I need to remake the 1955 Basil.

About new Quasar bodystyles, you can see that the european range of engines and trims still wasn’t revealed. You also know there will be a motorshow in Anikatia really soon. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#2018 Baltazar Quasar Hatchback

#####Credits to @titleguy1 for the photoshop

After the very successful launch of the Quasar sedan in the North and South American markets, winning several accolades and prizes, it is time for the hatchback model to be launched. This model is aimed squarely at the European market, the main buyers of this kind of bodystyle. The car will also be sold around the globe, including North and South America, Oceania and East Asia.

Quasar 1.6T Lithium

The car can be equipped with two different engines, in 5 states of tune, all equipped with direct injection. New to the Quasar range and shared with the Quark, the smaller engine comes as a 1.4 with 100 hp, a 123 hp 1.6 or a 1.6 Turbo with 150 hp. The other engine is the already familiar 2.0 unit found on the Quasar sedan, here in 202 hp guise, in the GT model, or 325 hp, as per the RS325 model, already shown in Detroit.

Quasar 1.6T Lithium

#Trim levels
As per the new naming system, the base spec car is the Nitrogen trim, which can be equipped with the 1.4 or 1.6 NA engines. It comes as standard with 16" alloy wheels, 3d-textured partial-leather seats and base level infotainment system, with a 5,5" screen, sat-nav, bluetooth.
Mid-spec Tellurium, which can be had with the 1.4, 1.6 and 1.6T engines, adds 17" wheels and a 7" screen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
Top-spec Lithium cars come with adaptive dampers as standard and have several improvements to the interior, including leather seats and an armrest for the front passengers. They can be bought with the 1.6 or the 1.6T engine.
The 2.0 GT gets unique bumpers, 18" wheels, vented disk brakes at the rear and a sportier, lowered suspension.
Meanwhile, the RS325 has a unique powertrain combination, with several modifications to enhance the handling and performance, as shown on post 2.
For the full stats, click the arrows below.

1.4 Nitrogen - $16,440 @20%

1.4T Tellurium - $18,600 @20%

1.6T Lithium - $20,625 @25%

2.0T GT - $22,490 @30%

2.0T RS325 - $29,025 @35%

Quasar 2.0T GT

18 Likes

You… stop making good looking cars! Im about to start building up a sensible car company and competition is something I do not want or need! Now STOP BEING GOOD AT IT! >:U

2 Likes

Are myself, Saminda guy, Maesima guy, Zavir guy, and Dimension guy not good enough at designing
sensible cars for you to consider us competition?

Let me put it this way :smiley:

No offence

9 Likes

Well, considering how incomplete is my lineup I think that “accepatble competition” is pretty good :grin:

I’m glad I missed that list. Means my cars are indeed insane enough to not be considered sensible at all.

4 Likes