Baltazar Automóveis

Let me put it this way :smiley:

No offence

9 Likes

Well, considering how incomplete is my lineup I think that “accepatble competition” is pretty good :grin:

I’m glad I missed that list. Means my cars are indeed insane enough to not be considered sensible at all.

4 Likes

#The Baltazar Quark RS530 Concept

Artwork done by @titleguy1

First shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, this concept previews the next generation model general look and feel, but with some extra spice added, to highlight the fun to drive aspect of the Quark. Which, as the cornerstone of the Baltazar range, has across its many generations always been a practical, affordable, comfortable and fun to drive supermini, making it one of the best selling cars of this segment worldwide.

The 2.0 inline 4 engine from the Quasar has been further reworked and boosted, to produce an insane 530 hp. All that power is fed to the front wheels only, through a 6-speed manual gearbox. That much power, in such a small car, makes for insane figures. 0-100 is dealt with in 4.8s, top speed is 303 kph and the standing quarter is taken in 12.3s, with a trap speed of 211 kph.

It was able to tackle the Goodhill climb in just

Expect the all-new 2018 Quark to reach the showrooms soon.

13 Likes

It only took me two years to realise that this staple would actually be a near direct competitor to one of my main cars of another company whose page I haven’t written yet.

I should be scared.

2 Likes

After the RS530 concept previewed it, here it is

#The 2018 Baltazar Quark

Artwork done by @titleguy1

Here it is, the car that defines the supermini/subcompact market. Fun to drive, practical, economical, easy to drive, good looking and affordable. The Quark is proof that you can have your cake and eat it and, on this new generation model, that statement has only become more true.

Buidling up on the strengths of the predecessor, the car has extra high strength steel on its structure, for better torsional rigidity and passenger cell stiffness, where as some of the panels are composite, like the front wheelarches, bootlid and roof, in a quest to save weight, which in turn aids handling and fuel economy.

The car will be sold from launch with 4 different engine options, a 1.0 3-cylinder with 70 hp, two 1.4 engines, one NA with 100 hp and a turbo-charged 125hp and a 1.6 turbo with 150 hp. A sportier GT option will come soon afterwards.
All cars are equipped as standard with a 6-speed manual gearbox, with a 6-speed DCT being offered as optional on the turbocharged engines.

Trim levels (click on the arrows for full stats)

1.0 Nitrogen - $12,305 @15%

1.4 Tellurium - $13,915 @15%

1.4T Tellurium - $14,880 @20%

1.4T Tellurium DCT - $16,200 @20%

1.6T Lithium - $17,760 @20%

1.6T Lithium DCT - $19,080 @20%

20 Likes

Really love the design, striking without being too strong. Really love how you did the rear bump too, might have to steal some ideas with that!

2 Likes

The 2018 Baltazar Quasar GT-S

Designed to be closely related to the ATCC race car, this new version has all the poise and lightness from the FWD design with several race-derived updates. Power is up from 202 hp to 277 hp, still driven through a 6-speed manual gearbox, albeit with a limited slip differential this time. Uprated brakes, tyres and suspension, derived from the RS325, are all present too.

Performance has been enhanced massively, with the big numbers being 6.2s to 100 km/h and a top speed of 262 km/h. That is partially helped by the weight savings of kg fro mthe RS325, down to 1524 kg.

Details from the Quasar GT-S - $24,830 @30%

The car was first shown on the Frankfurt International Autoshow

12 Likes

The 2018 Baltazar Zeppelin

Zeppelin 2.0T Helium

After quite a while without revisions, the mid-engined sports car has been revisited and improved across the board. The all-aluminium chassis and independent suspension all-round remain, but the styling is new, and so are the engines.
Using the new inline 4 engine family first introduced in the Quasar, the Zeppelin brings new levels of performance and driver engagement. The range is comprised of three tunes of the 2.0 motor, the base naturally aspirated model, with 165 hp, and two turbo units, with 277 and 321 hp.

Combined with the lightweight chassis, the car is capable of some impressive performance numbers, with the range topping Helium model capable of 0-100 in 3.8s, for a quarter mile time of 12 seconds and a top speed of over 300 kph. However, due t the sporty suspension and lightweight, the car can also corner really well, doing a lap in the ATT in just 2:11, only 2 seconds slower than the 200 hp more powerful Bonham Chaucer Brooklands. Further details for all trims are shown below.

2.0 Nitrogen - $23,700 @70%

2.0T Lithium 277 - $32,130 @70%

2.0T Helium 321 - $35,360 @70%

Zeppelin 2.0 Nitrogen

Zeppelin 2.0T Lithium

First shown in the Frankfurt IAA.

7 Likes

If this is the answer to the question “What if the Quasar’s engines were put into a small sports car?”, then what an answer you have given us!

The 2018 Quark

Due to issues, proper photos couldn’t be taken, this will be addressed as soon as all the car fixtures appear correctly in photomode

The first Baltazar car reborn in UE4 is the Quark.

In the transition, the car had it styling updated, follwing criticism and the engine line-up has been revisited.
However, it continues to define the Automation B-segment market, excelling in ease to drive and driver envolvement, practicality and affordability.

The core of the range is comprised of the small 3-cylinder engine, available in 4 states of tune, two 1.0 litre engines, with 70 and 95 hp, a 1.2 with 120 and a 1.35 with 140 hp. The base 1.0 is naturally aspirated and comes with multipoint fuel injection, whereas all other variants are turbocharged with direct injection. All cars come equipped with a 6 speed manual gearbox as standard and a 6 speed DCT is available as an option with all turbocharged engines.

Above those cars, there will be the Quark GT, in the near future.

Engine range may very between markets.

Details, Specs and Prices

1.0 Nitrogen - $12,240 @20%

1.0T Tellurium - $13,080 @ 20%

1.2T Tellurium - $14,280 @20%

1.2T Tellurium DCT - $14,995 @25%

1.35T Lithium - $15,240 @20%

1.35T Lithium DCT - $15,995 @25%

15 Likes

Nice remaster there. I’m expecting the Quasar and Zeppelin to receive the same treatment.

And the Kilimanjaro.

I plan on making all three of them again, along with previous models.

However, real life is slowing down progress and I’ve been using some time to expand and refine lore for all companies.

7 Likes

Baltazar Automóveis wishes everyone Happy Holidays!

Here’s a poster.

14 Likes

Happy Birthday.

Birthday or holidays?

Birthday holidays.

3 Likes

If you do Christmas, it IS a birthday, so…

I like the cars. Good work! Especially the quark