Big Fruinian Muscle Cars Cup Stage 1[Finished]

I know that Darkshine5 and TR8R didnā€™t vote multiple times. Simply because of timing. They send their vote way early in the voting. Also, due to the brief interaction I have had with them Iā€™m pretty sure they didnā€™t do it.

On the other hand, the guy who voted for himself with inactive accounts submitted the votes at the same time, minutes apart.

About voting for yourselves, donā€™t worry, thatā€™s perfectly allowed, thatā€™s why there is a multi-point system :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@HowlerAutomotive Thereā€™s no set moral standard on this which can cause all kinds of conflictsā€¦ last time there was voting, I declared I wouldnā€™t vote for myself; I got lambasted for letting ethics distort my judgement :laughing:

Just to be perfectly clear, I only voted for myself here in line with my opinion on aesthetics. Some people donā€™t care to make pretty cars. I actually brought this design in from a previous contest and spent several hours considering the fixtures. I donā€™t vote for myself cheaply, and if I was in this to win it I would have submitted a very different car.

@Darkshine5 I believe in an innocent until proven guilty approach here. As I said before it makes no sense to submit votes like that intentionally, therefore, itā€™s very unlikely you would have done it intentionally if at all.

3 Likes

Well, at least we all know now to use a PM based voting system if possible for any future polls like this to avoid errors and outside party votes.

1 Like

Alright, youā€™re sounding very reasonable. If thatā€™s the custom here, I should have just gone and stuck myself at the top with no false shame. Lesson for the next time I suppose.

1 Like

Things like this can ruin someone rep in these forums I say find the perpetrator and send em my way hehehehehehehhehehehehe

Round 3 results are here!
Thanks to everyone who voted :grin:

Congratulations to @HighOctaneLove:tada:, the 1967 Boglig Maverick Action Express was a peopleā€™s favourite! Followed closely by the '69 Juggernaut. Iā€™m glad to see that all cars received at least one vote.

And now, time to announce the overall winner!

Congratulations to @strop (who enter the challenge with no intentions to win xD)
Also to @Ornate, only 1.5 points behind! and to @HowlerAutomotive in 3rd place.

Thanks to all the contestants for the great submissions, and as promised, here is the competitors pack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685553630

Now, keep in mind that even if the cars were aimed to Muscle or pony, most of them score highly in other demographics as well, like Super and hyper.

The rules for the next Stage (2005-2010) will be published later on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy Shit. People actually voted for my carā€¦

Did not expect to be gaining any points tbh.

Thanks @Sillyworld for hosting this! I canā€™t wait for the next round :slight_smile:

Do you think you could post the competitiveness scores for each of the cars? Iā€™d like to see what Iā€™d be up against if I download the competitors pack.

Sure, here it is Muscle_score.zip (19.8 KB)
Inside the zip is the spreadsheet that I used to calculate the score. There you can find the competitiveness for each car. The car with the highest competitiveness is koolkeiā€™s, with 309 points.

Oooh, that spreadsheet looks nice. How do you do that bar graph for each cell?

Iā€™m also gonna have to try out this gold method, the usual inflation calculators donā€™t give me the best results.

woooo 6th place
Thank you to the one guy that voted for me XD

Ok that was a somewhat unexpected come from behind. I knew I was submitting a totally stupid car and thought Iā€™d get slaughtered by the first round (and I did!). Iā€™m grateful people thought my car looked remarkable. Iā€™m also relieved my voting habit seems to have made approximately zero impact on the outcome of that round.

Interestingly of the other cars I voted for, one was popular, and the other I was the sole voter!

I look forward to seeing how the next stages pan out.

wellā€¦
i fell way down.

even with being the one with the highest score in round 2

I may have some felling to make a fast car (when necessary), but have much to learn about more complex competitions. Great stuff BFMCC :slight_smile:

I went back and looked at the car I very narrowly pipped, and turned out to be Ornateā€™s rear-engined car. Well, good thing my ridiculomobile won in the end, what would we say if a rear-engined car won the Muscle Cars Cup? :sweat_smile:

No wonder it was so fast around the track though, RR cars are frighteningly fast when theyā€™re not oversteering into a pole.

Damn, 1.5 points, moral of the story: Phonographs arenā€™t worth it as I would have done a 1:09 time on the NASCAR track

That proper engineering triumphs? You did build a proper muscle car with the push-rods and all the other decadent American design which won peopleā€™s opinions, I gotta say that, I think I voted you for 2nd or 3rd for that as well.

You know what the funny thing is?

If I wanted to go all out to win this I would have made an RR car too. It would have just been way faster off the mark and faster in general, as you say. Iā€™d lose wheelspin bonus but gain everything else. Sans phonograph, weā€™d be looking at a very different result. My car won the race despite the engineering choices I insisted upon.

Only thing I learned from this thread is, why didnā€™t the Amerifats make more RR cars?

2 Likes

well, ever heard of the Chevrolet Corvair? It was slammed in 1965 by Ralph Nader in his book ā€œUnsafe at Any Speedā€ And thus, the American public had been turned against RR cars. (and it doesnā€™t seem very ā€œAmericanā€ to copy Porsche either.)

Looks like if I HAD voted for myself I would have taken or been tied for second (with the same amount of points as @Ornate, but a higher max). But woulda coulda.

Grats to @strop and thanks to @Sillyworld for running the show.