Big Fruinian Muscle Cars Cup Stage 1[Finished]

My car was 3674 lbs, so with 560hp, that would be 15.2hp/lb. Front attack is set high enough to negate any lift, and the rear wing has a fair bit of downforce, allowing the car to do 1.09g on the skidpan at both 20m and 250m. But it’s the weight distribution (59:41) that kills it, along with the brakes struggling to keep up. I did pour quite a bit of tech into trying to keep the damn thing under control, and that’s why it does quite poorly in the value stakes.

Note: with the new calculations coming up, longitudinal grip improves, so expect better starts! My Juggernaut goes from 5.7s to 4.9s!

Brakes? My car didnt have any, small rim diameter for MOAR TIRE.

lol! Good thing brakes aren’t really that necessary in NASCAR…

I stick by Preston Tucker and Ferdinand Porsche’s ideas, Rear engine is the RIGHT position :wink:

Also the phonograph is in there so the engine sound isn’t the only thing you listen to

1 Like

Obviously, this goes without saying, but not cheating in the votation.
Which means:
a) only forum members may vote
b) accounts inactive since 2012 are unlikely to vote, yet even being in the forums @Jason @dean @asdf

Oh, already? That’s disappointing. Will you be extrapolating the data from those votes to investigate who might be doing such a thing?

(It would be a simple matter of seeing whether any of those users actually reply, with the exception of duplicate accounts, but that in itself would also have suspicious user posting patterns.)

Any way to setup a poll on these forums?

You can create one in the OP, but I decided to use a Google form so I can use a multi-point system, to avoid that unlikely scenario were everyone vote for themselves :sweat_smile:

@strop I’ll erase those votes in the next 24hrs unless the guys from those accounts reply. Based on the 5pts vote I know who voted, but I’m not roasting him/her, unless it happens again.

I kind of regret putting a phonograph now seeing what it did to my quarter mile and kept me from a 1:09:98 Daytona time but phonograph adds class and a decent amount of premium score

Maybe that person owns those accounts?

As a moderator on other forums, I can tell you which scenario is about 100 times as likely, and it sure isn’t that one LOL.

honest question

to those who used pushrod valvetrain. how much do you think you’re going to suffer from the disadvantages of it in stage 3?

Massively.

But that was always going to be part of the challenge, along with using the biggest, heaviest block I could find.

i used a 7 liter v8 with pushrod and automatic gearbox.
traditional muscle car
and leaf springs too

Without turbos I was able to push my engine up 100hp to 300 without sacrificing the powerband too much in the stage 3 timeframe, the main issue comes from the under square block I used, saved weight by stroking it out quite a bit rather than boring it so the RPMs are limited unless I go full billet, titanium, lightweight internals, and even then I need extra quality to go over 6500 without stressing it badly. I doubt I’ll be seeing a lot of power but with turbos I think 400 with a decent torque curve isn’t out of the question, that’s around 400hp/ton which should be plenty for a souped up pony car.

I may suffer a bit, as I already had a lot of tech into my cylinder heads to get the 333ci SB to almost 320hp. But, I don’t think it will be too bad. (being able to use a supercharger would have been a blessing in this case).

Quick test shows that without really doing too much to my engine, the simple (ha, anything but simple) addition of that blessing known as TURBO to my huge block will quite easily and reliably (like 80+) yield me outputs of well over 1000hp…

…unfortunately due to changes in construction standards, everything is heavier, so now my car will likely weigh in excess of 2 tons unless we’re allowed to change materials… Should just rename it Landcruiser…

Well done @Nialloftara, that is shockingly good value.

Very pleased to see the Seven did so well on the first stages. It had been fine tuned for Stage 1 a little bit, but the Daytona ranking is a nice surprise. I’ll stand steadfast by the looney smoke machine ethos, though a bit of downforce would clearly have had its upsides.

HAHAHAHAHA seriously? :joy:

Fine, round 3 has been postponed.

You could make people vote via PM I suppose? Have a title and format so you can easily copy paste into excel or something.

1 Like