Big Fruinian Muscle Cars Cup Stage 1[Finished]

woooo 6th place
Thank you to the one guy that voted for me XD

Ok that was a somewhat unexpected come from behind. I knew I was submitting a totally stupid car and thought Iā€™d get slaughtered by the first round (and I did!). Iā€™m grateful people thought my car looked remarkable. Iā€™m also relieved my voting habit seems to have made approximately zero impact on the outcome of that round.

Interestingly of the other cars I voted for, one was popular, and the other I was the sole voter!

I look forward to seeing how the next stages pan out.

wellā€¦
i fell way down.

even with being the one with the highest score in round 2

I may have some felling to make a fast car (when necessary), but have much to learn about more complex competitions. Great stuff BFMCC :slight_smile:

I went back and looked at the car I very narrowly pipped, and turned out to be Ornateā€™s rear-engined car. Well, good thing my ridiculomobile won in the end, what would we say if a rear-engined car won the Muscle Cars Cup? :sweat_smile:

No wonder it was so fast around the track though, RR cars are frighteningly fast when theyā€™re not oversteering into a pole.

Damn, 1.5 points, moral of the story: Phonographs arenā€™t worth it as I would have done a 1:09 time on the NASCAR track

That proper engineering triumphs? You did build a proper muscle car with the push-rods and all the other decadent American design which won peopleā€™s opinions, I gotta say that, I think I voted you for 2nd or 3rd for that as well.

You know what the funny thing is?

If I wanted to go all out to win this I would have made an RR car too. It would have just been way faster off the mark and faster in general, as you say. Iā€™d lose wheelspin bonus but gain everything else. Sans phonograph, weā€™d be looking at a very different result. My car won the race despite the engineering choices I insisted upon.

Only thing I learned from this thread is, why didnā€™t the Amerifats make more RR cars?

2 Likes

well, ever heard of the Chevrolet Corvair? It was slammed in 1965 by Ralph Nader in his book ā€œUnsafe at Any Speedā€ And thus, the American public had been turned against RR cars. (and it doesnā€™t seem very ā€œAmericanā€ to copy Porsche either.)

Looks like if I HAD voted for myself I would have taken or been tied for second (with the same amount of points as @Ornate, but a higher max). But woulda coulda.

Grats to @strop and thanks to @Sillyworld for running the show.

im happy with 11th place

Wow, thanks to everyone who voted for my car; Partarioā€™s mod body is extremely high quality and without it I know I would have lost to @strop! :triumph:

5th overall was really nice, next time Iā€™ll have to do a better job on my engineering so I can be more than just a show-pony! :stuck_out_tongue:

This was an awesome challenge and I canā€™t wait for round two! :grin:

Itā€™s called conditional formatting in excel,hereā€™s where to find it[quote=ā€œkoolkei, post:146, topic:6732ā€]
wellā€¦i fell way down.
[/quote]
Itā€™s a shame really, your car has the highest score and the highest competitiveness!

Sorry for double-posting, but currently the competitors pack has an issue where it creates an lua error in the game. More on that when (and if) I can fix it.

Which explains why I will wait until the competitors pack is well and truly fixed before I download it :pensive: