Big Fruinian Muscle Cars Cup Stage 2 [FINISHED]

Which makes this competition even more, uh, relevant! We have to be attuned to the modern sensibilities of those Fruinians to convince them that this is a highly desirable and not evil smoke blowing guzzolene burning sector… even though it is.

Now you’re making me want to do a super efficient muscle car :slight_smile: I did prototype a RR coupe which got 37mpg, but it’s more grand tourer than muscle and 238hp is on the low side…

Maybe it could be considered a “mini-muscle car” challenge. The mini-muscle cars were those that came out in the early 1970s as the 60s era muscle car craze came to an end; the mini-muscle cars had the small block V8s and skirted emissions and insurance regulations by offering lower weight, lower cost of ownership, and a smaller footprint while offering better fuel economy and weight to power ratios just as good as the 60s models.

Well, poll time is over, 75% voted to use only FR configuration.
If there are not any more questions I’ll begin receiving entries tonight.

I am running an 8.3L v8 with 13.75L/100km/h with dual 4bbl carbs

You must fill the factory stuff, but since it’s not exported with the game, please send screenshots of every tab via PM with the exported car.

BUT WHY, cant we just ignore that
@Sillyworld

Read all the round one in the OP. That’s pretty much why.

I’m doing a bit of number crunching for my car and WOW! I think I have a real hit for the Fruinian market :smiley:

Looks like ill have to recreate my typhoon from my company thread for this challenge.

Is it required to make at least 1 engine for each car?
Damn, doing these calculations is pretty complicated :\

Okay, after going through some calculations, I don’t really get these rules. There’s no reason to build a huge factory because the tooling costs are too big (in the billions) and the only benefit is slightly lower price (which is actually bad, since it means less revenue). I did the calculations and building a huge factory resulted in LESS income compared to medium, while of course costs go through the roof and I end up losing several billion.

First of all, sales must be tied to production volume or else it just doesn’t make any sense to build more cars. Second, the markup cannot be fixed, because even if you make lots of cars you don’t make any more profit per car. Third, you have to factor in sales over long periods of time, because nobody is going to build a huge factory to sell cars for one year. Fourth, huge factories are still at a disadvantage, because companies can build multiple models in a single huge factory (and they usually have existing ones that can be repurposed for new models).

Ultimately there’s just too many factors that need to be accounted for, and doing the calculations now is already very time consuming. I think the factory and production stuff is very cool, but why don’t we let the devs figure out how to do that realistically and make this simpler.

The bean counting sure does seem like a lot, but this is about as comprehensive a model you can get without modelling a dynamic market. That’s fine since we’re solely focusing on a single market (set of).

Financial modelling isn’t that simple IRL anyway. Pick a vision and see if it works you. I know what I’m going to do!

Well, the idea is not to get all the money you invested because that would be only possible in the tycoon game. As you pointed out, you need several trims, several years, and as IRL, factories generate revenue after a couple of years and several models later. The idea was to invest less and get more money back.

But yeah, it’s pretty complicate and tedious to do all of that, both you making the cars and me weighting the score :sweat_smile:
I’ll think in something more easy to do for replacing the round 1 section.

Does this mean we could create 5 trims? or am I way off

It means( I think) that the calculations will be done for the 5 highest scoring demographic categories of your 1 trim.

Don’t worry, I’m changing the round 1 to a more simple way to score. If everyone is ok, I was thinking in something pretty similar to the last stage, when some stats are weighted into a single score. What do you think?

EDIT: I haven’t figure out how to make a working competitors pack, it seems something change with the last update (maybe the naming conventions or something) and so far, the pack is incompatible.

EDIT 2: I change the round 1, pretty much the same as the previous stage. Also, I added a spreadsheet to help you calculate the required fuel economy.

2 Likes

Ah, shit. Goddamn wheel spin again. Screw it, I’m not going to win this one… but I’m going to deliver something that’s uniquely Adenine :smiley:

I agree with phale, wheelspin makes no sense, i would personally swap wheelspin with torque. People do care about torque in a muscle car, but not as much about wheelspin, almost any car can get wheel spin when done right, wheelspin is only popularized in movies and the internet.

@USDMFTW @phale Says the 2 guys with no wheelspin in the last stage xD. Yes any car will do wheenspin, yet, your cars didn’t do it, did they? :neutral_face:

The briefing for the last stage states that:
a)you needed to build a relatively cheap car (relatively to what it can do)
b)that can do everything a young driver would want to do (including wheelspin, for more useless that might be) and
c)boast your brand image and among the young people and the car culture (posters of your cars, movies where your car is burning tires…).

But yeah, now days people don’t care about wheelspin, I mean, nobody would put their brand new muscle car to burn tires just for the lulz. I will tweak the scoring system in a bit, just let me do some experimentation :relaxed:

can I just point out that engine size should matter since supercharging is not available and even modern muscle do not use turbo’s, I would personally think that engine capacity would be more relevant than total wheel spin…There’s no replacement for displacement, also DOHC is only used in the Ford muscle cars with much smaller displacements the other big two are all OHV pushrod engines (AMG63 is not a muscle car!)
just my 2c either way it’ll be a good challenge