Bogliq Automotive Engineering

Here is my AWEC entrant…

Presenting the 1995 Bogliq Dolphin GT-AWEC!!! :smiley:

435Kw, 2.9 sec’s 0/100, 10.4 sec q/mile and a 330Km/h Vmax!!! :sunglasses: :geek: :sunglasses: :geek: :sunglasses:

the first design of dolphin was better…

but not modpack friendly. NormanVauxhall’s grille and vent pack is very recent.

Thanks for the feedback, :laughing: but I had to change my car to ensure that I complied with the competition rules :slight_smile:

I feel that (except for the side vent, that was better black) the new design is an improvement; IMO, after looking at the revised design, my original car was too black in the nose…

(I cannot resurrect the original pic as the new photo overwrote the old one!)

Presenting the 1984 Bogliq Bastion Group A!!!

A rear wheel drive rally style weapon which accelerates to 100Km/h in seven seconds, hits just under 230Km/h and can do this on any surface! Running on 91 octane, this l’il beauty will use less than 12L per every 100Km driven and it won’t break down much or rust either!

All this for the princely sum of $40,000 automation credits! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Presenting the entrant into the inaugural Ultimate Car Comparison!!!

The 2011 Bogliq Tigress Sport

It has a 2.1L Inline 6 with a turbo, packing a 160Kw (or so) punch while returning sub 7L/100Km economy. Quality interior fittings have been chosen throughout, with the best primary and secondary safety money can buy, to ensure that prospective customers get what they expect. Visit your friendly Bogliq dealer now to secure your preferred Tigress today! :smiley:

Two new entries in the House of Bogliq :laughing:

Ultimate FWD CRX homage…

Original Bogliq Mouse for Out of Africa competition

Above car caused an error to be thrown with the competition organiser so this car replaced it (Also called Bogliq Mouse)

Thanks for looking :smiley:

Presenting the 1966 Bogliq Tigress; a family car which performs as good as it looks!

Powered by a new 110Kw DOHC V6, this beauty accelerates to 100Km/k in a stunning 8.8 seconds, does the standing quarter mile in 16.8 seconds and tops out at just over the magic 200Km/h in top speed!

The Tigress continues to impress inside with premium internal furnishings and a crystal clear AM receiver for those long country drives. Achieving 11.4L/100km, the Tigress is easy on the wallet when it’s time to refuel and with many Bogliq dealers throughout the country you don’t have to travel far to get one for your very own…

How much I hear you ask? For the trifling sum of $26,990 Automation credits you too could be a Tigress man, visit your friendly Bogliq dealer today! :smiley:

Here is my Homologation road car for the 2006 GTLM race series.

Presenting the 2006 Bogliq Bastion GTLM!!!

Available in 4 engine selections to suit the fussiest race team or cashed up street racer, the Bogliq Bastion GTLM is (almost) race ready and fully compliant with the 2006 rulebook. This productionised version of the factory Bastion will provide the strong, reliable and competitive base our customers need to win and, most importantly, win in style!!!

4 engine choices: 280Kw Pushrod Turbo, 287Kw Pushrod NA, 336Kw DOHC 5v Turbo and 341Kw DOHC 5v NA

Price for any spec: $49,990 Automation credits

High_Octane_Love - Bogliq Bastion .zip (153 KB)

Anyone is free to use this file, please remember me if/when you win, lol! :laughing:

wait are turbo v6s ready?

Nope, all the turbo variants are V8, lol

Here is my Soviet Cup entry…

Presenting the Bogliq Commisar Heroic Struggle!!!

Enjoy!!! (All details are a state secret Comrade, lol)

Here is my SOMWOM entrant, the 1993 Bogliq Kitten!!! :smiley:

The Kitten Si

The Kitten RS

No pics of the racecar as the in-game camera pooped itself! :imp:

Here are a couple more competition cars for your viewing pleasure…

1997 Bogliq Ambassador

2015 Bogliq Dolphin

So, I tried to build a supercar that was economical yet quick using a pure economy tuned motor…

Presenting the 2016 Bogliq Ecospeed Concept!!! :smiley:

Feel free to let me know what you think about the car as I tried for a more modern interpretation of my usual design style (or lack thereof, :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: )

For the record, this car would end up being badged as an Ungoliant Eco due to its NA V12 and its hypercar-esque status and build costs! :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about the whole idea. On one hand, I think performance cars that emphasise excellent economy are actually very important, so much so that one should advocate they represent the future of top-end motoring. On the other, one still does need to produce something that actually matches the expectations of the hypercar tier else it may fail to capture the broader imagination in general. Thus, even for 2016, I feel that 200kw is probably not enough, particularly when your economy is still 7.8L/100km. Of note, the SOHC choice is an interesting one, is that due to the engineering limitations of your company?

That said, for those figures, a track time of 8:30 is pretty respectable. However, it’s more in the realm of “fairly sporty sports car”. Even most hot hatches these days would be quicker, and seat twice as many people to boot!

I f you want to go fast on a track with good economy, I would rather build an ultra-lightweight car with a small turbo engine. It’s just so much more efficient that way.
But looking at your car as a whole I think it’s not a bad idea to do an economical V12. Many people IRL are complaining the loss of classic sports car engines now that
everything is about downsizing. But I do think there is more performance to be had from that particular car!

You can get better performace out of a 2 liter i4 turbo while being just as economical. It would also drop the weight down significantly aswell as the cost of a car, and improve speed by miles.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I’m aware that this car’s half baked and I’ll use your suggestions, where appropriate, to develop the production version (if I have the time, :laughing: ).

I built a 6L V12 that I was trying to achieve an eco build with and it achieved 30% efficiency which was a really good effort for me! I then thought I’d stick it into a hypercar body to
see how it went economy wise. I thought 7.8L per 100Km was not too shabby considering its 6L in capacity but I’m aware that it isn’t THAT great since there’s no use of sliders at all in
the engine or the car, :laughing:

I was most interested in the visual design commentary as my cars need to progress beyond the 90’s/2k’s without making me want to vomit, :stuck_out_tongue: .

Bogliq will always champion the cause of the classic configurations; they became classic because they worked! I personally don’t like turbo tech and that’s why most of my cars are designed
around NA and manual gearboxes; I’m a 70’s fanboy, :laughing:

70s or not, classic or not, there’s just a fact that cars with an i4 that do the ring 45 seconds faster in automation.