BRC: 1970 Nürburgring 24h [BONUS]

of all the people I’m class with the gran patron of the brc

1 Like

Good news: I’m going to be first in my category! :smile:

Bad news: I’m also going to be last… :pensive:

13 Likes

No way my car is gonna be able to compete with Chips, he’s in a class of his own

9 Likes

Well i think in the evening and afternoon we/i might hop into the commentators vc box and stream the YT stream (yes) and do stuff

1 Like

Overview: Groups & Classes

I at least placed @Mako in the wrong group, so here’s an update to the classes. Please let me know if you think that you are placed in the wrong group and/or class.

Car Numbers

These people still need to claim their car numbers here4:

Deadline: Friday, September 25, 6 a.m. CEST

If no car number is chosen until then, you are not in the race. The link can be found in the rules spreadsheet.

Race Entry Forms

I am still missing completed race entry forms (see my PM with the practice results to you for the link) from these participants:

This entry form is mandatory. If not provided until the deadline, you are not in the race.

Deadline: Friday, September 25, 6 a.m. CEST

23 Likes

All quiet before the storm

3 Likes

It is your fault this even exists. Stupid pet tricks BRC 1970 edition. https://youtu.be/9hYs1hyvATY

Entries closed

Alright, entries are finally closed. Two cars are not in the race (Unbid, Vikus), as no race entry forms have been provided even after multiple pings. The rest has made it, some with their homologation cars.

I have done all last-minute modifications to the cars and implemented the missing features in the BRC. I still need to do testing and bugfixing, so don’t expect the race too soon. I am pretty busy in the next days.

To bridge the time until the race, I’ll release the Top Trump Cards of the cars. Today: Group1.

Group 1 Top Trump Cards

44 Likes

When is the race again?

A specific Date has not been announced yet. This is the biggest event we’ve seen so far to use the BRC simulator, so it’s going to take a while to get everything set up :wink:

1 Like

how does the BRC work? And can anybody set up an event on it?

1 Like

Unfortunately not, It is a Program developed by Der Bayer himself, and as it uses Automation Source Code, it cannot be released to the Public.

It essentially simulates every car on the track similarly to how the test track works in automation, you will see an icon going around a track. But instead of finishing the simulation after one lap, it goes on for a whole 24 hours (or a certain amount of laps). With all the cars on the track at the same time, interacting with one another.

Numerous other features have been added, such as Driver Error, Tiredness, Pressure, Tire Wear, Fuel Consumption and Drafting / Overtaking / Crashing.

Here is an example of what a race’ll look like:

10 Likes

oooooh that closer than I expected der_bayer!

I wonder where you get those 15km/h top speed tho. just from drag?

(I might also have botched the weight calculation formula since apparently you have 100kg less to lug around)

#61 Team Scagliati-AZS Deutschland AZS Falco Gr.4

Team AZS-Scagliati Deutschland presents the AZS Falco Gr.4 for the 1970 Nurburgring 24H. Driven by the team of Luigi Baghetti and Ernesto Sabbatini, two of Scagliati’s top endurance drivers, they are joined by Giancarlo Pirozzi in the #61 Falco Gr.4. Slotting naturally into Group 4 regulations, the Falco Gr.4 produces 230 horsepower out of its V6 engine, giving exceptional performance on account of its 850-kilogram curb weight and sleek, aerodynamic shape. Top speed is just over 250 kilometres per hour, and the car can sprint from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour in under six seconds.

AZS Falco

Founded by Gianluigi Zoccarato and Amadeo Scagliati in 1958, Automobili Zoccarato-Scagliati was created with the express purpose of building the finest sports cars in Italy, as well as testing advanced technologies for the closely-associated Scagliati marque. Composite construction, disc brakes, dual overhead camshafts and many others were first trialed in AZS models, which quickly found themselves filling a lucrative niche as a more affordable alternative to the very expensive Scagliati models, as well as finding a role in amateur and professional racing all over Europe and North America.

The Falco was launched in 1970 as a compact, lightweight everyday sports car, aimed squarely at rivals from West Germany, France and Great Britain. Powered by a mid-mounted 2.5-litre, mechanically fuel-injected V6 engine directly derived from Scagliati’s Mirano Due V12, the Falco produced 176 horsepower, giving the diminutive car sprightly performance on the road, on account of its 970-kilogram curb weight. In spite of the Falco’s light weight and compact dimensions, comfort and practicality were not neglected, with ample trunk space both front and rear, and a very comfortable, well-trimmed interior making the Falco a sports car that could be driven as an everyday car, if desired.

More Photos

16 Likes

Group 2 Top Trump Cards

35 Likes

@thecarlover is your entry gonna do wheelies on the long straight?
Highest downforce at the rear (double closest rival) and second highest lift at the front.
Gonna be a beast to keep straight.

Interesting to see all the different configurations, especially when comparing power with fuel use.

Gonna be VERY interesting to see the last two groups.

3 Likes

Think I need to rename mine as the Immobile Chicane…

1 Like

Yeah, but, running costs…

That would be if the car’s aero was front biased, not rear biased. Just FYI.

1 Like

You didn’t get it, negative downforce equals lift.

2 Likes