BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Where do i find the numbers to calc the cost?:confounded:
Exact tabs and positions in those tabs would be much appreciated.:relieved:

Opted out of betaā€¦ cleaned the warehouse full of old carsā€¦ and so it begins.

Fyi brctool works with everything as stated above and without any cars in sandbox the game loads 982374893278x faster. Go figureā€¦

edit: @RobtheFiend last engine tab under manufacturing you have production units and material cost for engine, in cars trim detail stats you have in bottom (haha bottom) space material cost and prod. units of body.

BRCTool will do it for you -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsTcecjy7G8

Or just calculate car material cost + engine material cost + (engine prod. units + car prod. units) * 25.

Rob, your capital letter issue is due to the fact that you should press Shift instead of using Caps Lock.

That new BRC season in interesting. Will try to have a look at it :slight_smile:

Is the brctool in post head updated to 10k cost limit? or can we do it manually somewhere in tools files?

I think I updated it, yes. Thereā€™s no way you can change it.

1 Like

Iā€™m using shift. Who the hell is using CAPS LOCK to make a single capital letter?

1 Like

Iā€™m using the standard interface of Love2d for getting the keyboard inputs. I really have no idea why it is not working for you. You could try using the other shift button (left/right). If thatā€™s not working, leave me a note in the PM and I will fix it manually.

I had the same issue, just ended up not using capital letters.

Does average reliability matter? I donā€™t remember cars having any sorts of body failureā€¦

So far Iā€™m dropping under 2.14 att but car ainā€™t what youā€™d call frugalā€¦ Well itā€™s still better than hockenheim special :wink:
I guess Iā€™ll soon be doing range calculations againā€¦

Using LEFT-Shift key, it worked for me.:relieved: Right-Shift key, nope. Strange.

@Der_Bayer The BRC tool says $8962, but my ingame calculations says $9990.:confused:

Iā€™m working on a ā€œsecretā€ project involving a big van and yes, it is within the time limit.

1 Like

So, today is the first pre-season test :slight_smile: Canā€™t wait.

1 Like

i think avg reliability affects the damage taken in crashes. safety decreases it too, doesnt it? is there any resource to see how tyre wear is calculated?

As far as Iā€™ve seen reliability hits randomly, in the form of engine failures. Safety is the stat for taking less damage in collisions while tire wear calculations, I do not recall those to be seen openly anywhere, we all watch the pre-season tests to determine if our tires last with our settings or we need to go harder compound or less camber.
Correct me if im wrong.

Thee wear is simulated dynamically depending on track condition, layout, actual braking, accelerating, cornering. So thereā€™s no way to calculate it outside of the simulation. Factors which go into tyre wear are camber, brake pad aggressiveness, car weight and weight distribution and over/understeer.

Iā€™m not entering, 2 slow 4 that :sweat:

Itā€™s because of posts like this I consider to provide a ā€œcustomerā€ car for ā€œgentleman racersā€.

Thinking about a reliable front engined Porsche on a nice space frame chassis. Target ATT time of 2:14-2:15.

You know, just enough to qualify and compete in the middle of the pack without seriously challenging the leaders in a normal race because they will probably have spent a lot of time on the car.

is that a huge factor? might use another piston then instead of going for 100 pad agressiveness :sweat_smile:

Am I being blind or is there no rule about spoilers and lips