BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Oh please. I’ve been on thise forum long enough to know that.

Yes, but you don’t do that.

1 Like

Back onto topic: I’m really looking forward to tonight’s race, will be really interesting to see how the cars with high fuel consumption (COUGH Trollercoaster :stuck_out_tongue:) do on longer tracks!

It’s interesting (or I find it interesting) that at least some cars seem to be more economical on Hockenheim. I could not have two-stopped the past two races, but based on practice I very narrowly can here.

I guess it depends on when your engine is most ecomonical(?). Past tracks have been shorter so more time accelerating, where as we have more high speed sections at Hockenheim

I see :slight_smile:

Indeed :smiley: Always loved to tinkering :wink: The chemical teacher in my highschool years hated me because I was always “fine-tuning” the liquids we made, on the other hand tho the technician teacher liked me for it :smiley: Well the next time BRC starts and I have time for it, I will participate :slight_smile:

(PS: Sorry, I was absent for the past month, lot’s of things happened, but I’m here again :slight_smile: )

I usually can only 1-stop on a very thin margin, this time I can do at least 2/3 of the race on 1 fuel tank. Or even more, when there’s rain. Which, along with low tire wear, makes for a late-pitting strategy.

@TastyPimple, today happens to be a race :smiley: So, it’s a well timed come-back :smiley:

1 Like

Well, that’s a fine-made timing than :smiley: because I’m too late to join the tournament, I will watch and studying the races :wink: Good people always learning in their whole lifetime I think :smiley:

Sadly I won´t be able to join the stream tonight because I´m at work today. Hopefully I can join you for the next race. However, good luck everybody :smiley:

1 Like

Nice race. Expected 60-70% rain, but didn’t work out.
On the other side, finished well ahead of howler, with whom i battled last time.
Gratulation to Airjordan.

1 Like

Congratulations to AirJordan and to mer-at for not exploding :smirk:

3 Likes

Good race everybody! Congratulations to @AirJordan and @mer_at.

I didn’t see AirJordan coming, though in retrospect it makes sense that less pit stops would make the car on sport tires shine. Well won.

Based on practice times, Excel had told me I should come out 13 seconds faster than mer_at, but the safety car cost a few seconds and the 60% rain apparently cost some more (or it could be something else considering the cars are both 1.6 difficulty). That is one blistering fast NA car though, and the engine keeps hanging in there, although it must have a longer stroke than a man petting a giraffe… Or possibly a really high redline?

I can’t really complain with four podiums out of four races. I’m worried about SPA though. My car is not geared for it, so the championship may see a new leader.

Edit: Oh wait, Mainz-Finthen is next, not SPA. That’s fine then. My car is geared just fine. It’s just a matter of acceleration and fuel consumption and whether something goes boom.

3 Likes

fverd

Oh boy what a race :slight_smile: Thanks to mer_at for clean and exciting race!
Things that helped me achieve my first brc victory:

• SC at the beginning really helped me a lot to steal a couple of seconds and prime time for mer_at’s first tyre stint
  • car was set up to perform well on Hockenhein
  • longer first stint => shorter fuel stop
  • mer_at wrongly reading weather graph

Not happy about next race though, gearing is way to high for little track.

1 Like

Yes! At last, my car seems to be coming into its own a little. Seriously pleased with today’s results, great race y’all.

Well my strategy almost worked. I was banking on a safety on either the first or second lap, which ultimately came to pass. However, I messed up my consumption numbers on the first stint - the car did better than I expected, so I could have gone another lap - and quite a bit worse on the second sector.

On that note, when my car came in on lap 29, it took one lap of fuel onboard, and it had to come in again on lap 30 to take on what appeared to be 0.1 kilos of fuel - which sort of screwed me over, considering I finished the race with 0.9 kilos anyway.

seems like chosing for no tire compund changes actually means you run on slicks… :smiley: i actually thought it would still take the percentages indicated to determine the tire compund at start.

suggestions: either make it as stated above or just add a possibility to chose the tire compound at the start of the race (latter one would actually make the most sense).

anyway, great race!

edit: congrats to airjordan. seems like you had a successful racing weekend.

2 Likes

any update on when the next training will be?

3 Likes

#[color=#ffee00]Event 5 P&Q[/color]

Here is the practice and qualifying session for the fifth race of the season:

BRC_Statistics.zip (143.6 KB)

Send in your strategies until November 3, 8 p.m. CET.

6 Likes