BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Damp qualifying really helped me out! Makes me wish a little more rain was forecast for the race!

Do we still get the files with all the data? I found that more convenient than looking it up in the video each time I need some information.

Attached now.

2 Likes

Field is packed again :grin: looks like Iā€™m one-stopping once moreā€¦itā€™s risky if SC comes out but it did pay out last time.
Shame there is a month gap between racesā€¦

@Der_Bayer very nice update with top 10 being constantly on the top! but have you noticed a minor bug? In the scroll places go from 11th to 19th and than again from the 10th to the endā€¦

Itā€™s been a very intense season so far, and although I am not very good at building a race car for a series like this I would like to find out who wins the overall title. Right now, who is most likely to win it? Anyway, congratulations on your well-deserved win at the previous race.

Thanks. So far howlerautomotive and mer_at are just 2 points apart but with 4 races to go itā€™s too close to call, top 8 still have a chance. You can see all the stats and standings at the end of a race videos.

finally back in the top 10ā€¦

now i NEED to nail the strats to stay there

Yes, Iā€™m aware of the bug. Due to my limited time currently, I decided to push out the practise results nevertheless. It will be gone when the race happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another good practice for me, aiming for top 6 again in the actual race. Man, if the first race had not been a DNF I could be in 4th overall right now. :cry:

Much to everyones dismay, i am not dead.

Nnnghhā€¦ Soā€¦ Closeā€¦ To twoā€¦ Stopsā€¦

Looks like my car could do it with two, but there would be less than 1kg of fuel in reserve and the pit is on the other side of the track from the finish line (so about half a lap).

Much as I want to win, I donā€™t want to have a Bob happen to my car. Iā€™ll need to take a close look at options for this one.

1 Like

Also with only 1kg the low fuel condition might be triggered and then you end up making three stops anyway, and not when you want them to either

I say you do it! There will be some light rain that will lower your consumltionā€¦

Seeing your enthusiasmā€¦ Yeah, definitely going for three stops. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Actually doesnā€™t seem to be that bad time wise. Iā€™ll need to go over my formulae when I have a bit more time to be sure.

I think this far into the season you just roll the dice. What do you have to lose :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I also point out that doing more stops can sometimes actually make your total race time shorter, especially if your car (like mine) is tire wear limited rather than fuel limited.

For instance, in a lot of BRC races you see people trying to one-stops on really worn tires. If they instead did a two-stop and had reasonable tire wear they would almost certainly get a faster time and a better finish result because worn tires slow you down by multiple seconds a lap. Moreover, fresh tires with smaller fuel loads will get you closer to your fastest times.

On the other hand if your car is fuel limited rather than tire limited, youā€™ll probably want to minimise the number of stops

That is correct. Also more stops mean shorter pit timeā€¦ eventhough it was an honest advice. If it was me (instead howler) I would try to go 2 stop. Then again there is more to go worng so I like this bothnways :wink: 3 stop? Mehā€¦boring.

@Steel appears to be right on in this one. I need to go over the calculations to make sure I havenā€™t made any mistakes as I said, but yesterdayā€™s quick entry into my Pit Calculator ā„¢ suggested that three stops are likely to be somewhere between one second quicker and five seconds slower than two stops. Mainz-Finthen is REALLY hard on the tires, apparently.

The actual time lost will depend on the time lost puttering along pit lane.

I do appreciate the advice @AirJordan and I like the idea of racing at the limitā€¦ But if my car uses 2,33l per lap and needs to do 29.5 laps in the final stint, that comes out to 0.3l more than the tank can hold. Five seconds slower is a lot in racing and could stand to lose me some very crucial points, but the risk of not getting ANY points could ruin the entire season.

:joy: ā„¢ killed it

Yeah sorry to be the killjoy :stuck_out_tongue: I had a race this season where my race went completely terrible after I tried to push an easy two-stop into a one-stop and ended up outside the top 40 (compared to an 18th place best finish this year) so I learned!