BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

I think that’s understandable!

If you wish to post again w/o anyone posting before you (also known as a double post), please go ahead and edit your (irrelevant) post

3 Likes

Just wanted to make sure before I submit my race strategy, the SPA race will have 16 laps as per the pre-season pdf, correct? My calculations are only calling for the race to last just over an hour instead of 90 minutes, but with the qualifying session showing 20 laps I just wanted to double check.

15 laps, as the booklet says. Fifteen.

1 Like

Any hint when the next race will take place?

I think N/A cars will do better on Spa than turbocharged cars, since the turbochargers take ages to spool up. But my car only has 250 HP, so who would do better? a turbocharged monster or my (currently in last) car?

If it was turbo spooling that was going to make them lose, then they would have been way slower on the shorter tracks that we’ve done the past few races.

Spa and The 'ring are the places where turbos will likely be much stronger because of their higher power and top speeds (in general, some of the more powerful N/A cars will also do well).

Also if you look at qualifying the only four cars that made a lap under 4 minutes were turbos… and that was in 100% wet conditions where N/A cars generally perform better. The only undoing of some of the turbo cars will be eating fuel and having to stop 4 or 5 times during the race

right, 15. My calculations take 1 extra lap. Almost forgot to make my strategy for this race, good thing its been postponed for a bit.

This race will be interesting, with the track length I can really only make it like 3 laps, which means heading for the finish I will need 68 kg of fuel of my 68.1kg tank, according to my calculations… Please don’t be a repeat of the first race.

Even if turbo spooling were a problem the straights are several kilometres long to make it a non-issue. The turbos on SPA will have a fuel consumption problem which could give NA an advantage.

Are words needed?

Tomorrow, same bat channel, but not on time again probably.

10 Likes

when is the strategy deadline?

i think i miss the post about qualification…

Weeks ago. It’s just the race that has been delayed.

1 Like

I still will accept strategies until a few hours before the race…

link ded. no stream?

PRE WARM UP LIVE

2 Likes

We should have had constant crashes at Les Combes and Masta Kink and probably Raidillon de l’Eau Rouge as well. The track was way too tame. Additionally I think the shitty Belgian roadworks should have meant higher tyre degradation.

2 Likes

Mer_at you motherf***er :unamused: just explode already…khm… good race, good race :slight_smile:

A commentary to commentators:
I couldn’t watch this race because I was driving but I was still streaming the sound trough bluetooth and there are some things that must be said. I do enjoy your humor but can you please not waste half of the race on (for actual race and championship unimportant) trollercoster. For example for the first half, I had no idea how my car was doing but I knew exactly how much fuel does troller burn and that after second pit he was down on 28th and that he gained 2 spots in first straits but than loose one but than gained back four… I don’t want to rant too much, I respect you all and have great fun every time listening to you, but please focus on more important stuff like standings, pace, gaps, strategy… :slight_smile:

Now, my point of view is that we should try and tell the interesting things that are going on. Trollercoaster’s rollercoaster (yes, I know I called you out for this one, Andrea) was way more interesting than anything else, since he’d go way up and way down very quickly and that got the race moving a little bit. Your car going in a slow and steady 9th during the first stint and then climbing up as others stopped isn’t really interesting, sorry. We did focus on mer-at and howler, who are fighting for the championship though. Now, I do agree we could have gone through the top 10 or 20 every 2 or 3 laps on this longer track.

@KLinardo, his post is back up.

1 Like

#[color=#ffee00]Event 7 P&Q - Kassel-Calden[/color]

BRC_Statistics.zip (200.9 KB)

Please send in your strategy updates in case you want to alter something.

[color=#ff3333]DEADLINE: Sunday, December 18, 5 p.m. CET[/color]

6 Likes

Yeah I had some troubles connecting with the forums and post was just gone. Or maybe someone flagged it?

I agree that you keep it interesting and as I said I enjoyed the humor. I’m also not expecting to focus on my car but that[quote=“Leonardo9613, post:1863, topic:16817”]
Now, I do agree we could have gone through the top 10 or 20 every 2 or 3 laps on this longer track.
[/quote]

Would be extra nice. To do an overview of places, gaps and maybe paces every few laps or so.