BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Didn’t everyone send car-cheatsheets with their car? Maybe you can fill the boring parts with strange facts of the cars?

1 Like

One for @Der_Bayer

In the info strategy file, if we want to change it so that for a pit stop there is no refueling, do we just change the corresponding 1 in Table 12 to a 0?

Or simply untick the box. But why the heck would you want that? :smiley:

My BRC tool doesn’t work any more, so it’s all manual!

Things were much more difficult this time due to the huge lap. There are only 3 timing sectors and there is a large amount of overtaking rendering the gaps inaccurate relatively quickly. There were several instances where the gaps listed were backwards from the current running order.

Your car ran in the top ten and didn’t really get into any significant battles. The one it did have was with my car and it was impossible to tell the gap once we passed the timing sectors. I do recall talking about lap times on a few rare instances where your car was close to another.

Understand that it was hard to commentate this race. The front was pretty much settled early on, there were no safety cars, and the rain was insignificant. I was searching the standings to try to find something. Your car was just so steadily in second until the pit stops dropped it a few positions that it was just unremarkable.

Trollercoaster was the “important” thing for us this race. He has notorious fuel consumption and Spa was supposed to be the fastest track in the series. It was the one place where his car may have had a chance to be competitive, so we focused on it. Compare that to our analysis of Pboy who didn’t really drift this race. Therefore, we gave him a passing mention because he was running an unremarkable race in 51st. So yes, it was not the best broadcast for radio-only digest. However, we were commentating on a video stream.

I don’t mean to be too defensive, but I’ll call this race an anomaly. I also wanted to point out that any commentary on a video feed with graphics providing most of the stats is not going to play well over radio.

Not everyone.

3 Likes

First time off the podium, but still the fastest turbonaut in the race. I think I can live with that.

It’s been several races now (and I think the next might be another) where I could go with one less pit stop if my car were just a little bit more economical. On the other hand, every bit of power counts because it would still need to make up time versus the NAs. Something I’ll need to keep in mind in the future, I suppose.

That qualifying point is as delicious as it is hard-fought. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well that race was awful for me, at least I am holding in 6th overall, feared I would drop further back. This race brought to light errors in my pit calculation that apparently only show up on the longer tracks. My times were off, fuel consumption was a bit lower than expected, and pit stops were all 1 lap off, which caused me to pit unnecessarily near the end of the race when I still had almost 50kg of fuel. O well, hopefully I can figure out where the calculations are going wrong and get the calcs fixed before Green Hell.

8 days left for you strategy updates. This time deadline is deadline, no extra time. Just don’t wait until the very last minute.

1 Like

does it mean we are racing tomorrow?

5 Likes

We’re racing Kassel-Calden, right? I’m confused now :smiley:

@Der_Bayer @pyrlix

Yeah of course Kassel-Calden :slight_smile:

was there some sort of update to the game, because my brc tool isn´t working anymore :frowning:

just open brctool in one of the backups Automation has made for you

Problem has already been solved.

1 Like

How hard would it be to have the safety car window apply to unplanned stops as well as planned ones? I lost a lot of time in that last race because my driver pitted right after the safety car.

WTH? I was 7 sec behind, SC came out, and i was 1 LAP behind!?!

Yeah, some people (including me) had problems getting away from the pits today. I never saw something like that before and I didn’t change anything in the code. I’m trying to guess what went wrong and will hopefully have a solution next race.