BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Well i lost ~11s to that pitstop bug. (total time standing there was 30s and it displayed a 19s stop)

But another thing that baffles me is, if i come in, switch tires and get 30kg of fuel i have a 19s stop.
Another car went in, got new tires and 42kg of fuel and is done in 17s?

Is that a bug too, or is my pitcrew retarded? :wink:

1 Like

Very tense race! Damn for that crash, third this season that compromised my raceā€¦ looks like front runners have more luck but it could be (much) worse.

Congrats to KLinardo! What an awesome race, Iā€™m proud to play a role in another BRC win, you deserve it!

Oh I canā€™t wait for GH :grin: that pit lotto will be amazing (or dreadful). Just imagine rain is picking up and when you cross pit entry and the humidity is still 1% below your thresholdā€¦or you are completing the lap, sun is coming out but humidity still puts you to wetsā€¦ oh boy this will be hell.

2 Likes

Tyre change lasts 15-20 seconds. 42 kg fuel lasts 16,8 s (2,5 kg/s). So your pit crew is retarded.

9 Likes

@Der_Bayer will my pit crew get confused if my S2I is lower than I2S?

Yes, they will probably want to switch back to slicks immediately.

Probably? Iā€™m sorry for being pushy but I think thatā€™s the idea for GH (and here I am secretly posting it here) and I would appreciate (Iā€™m not being sarcastic here) more of an answerā€¦ would my car be stuck in some while loop and stay in pits forever? Or just do a double tyre change? Or switch back immediately after one lap (because Iā€™m fine with that :wink: )

When will we get practice and qualifying results?

Now.

#[color=#ffee00]FINAL ROUND - P&Q RESULTS[/color]

Send in your updated strategies until Thursday, the 5th of January, if you want to change your settings.

BRC_Statistics.zip (235.1 KB)

@AirJordan Right now I cannot say that your idea will work. After a look at the code I must say that your car most probably will just stay on intermediates. Please leave me a note in the new year to try it out though so that I can give you a definite answer.

6 Likes

Qualifying in the rah-ah-ain :cry:
Two points would have been awesome. Oh well.

Going to be another good run for the NAs it seems, even with the tire wear. (Or in AirJordanā€™s case especially with the tire wear).

1 Like

This is all about strategies working out or not. NAā€™s are faster but only if we donā€™t screw up our pit strategy.

Crap, I can only do 2 laps, I thought I was going to be able to squeeze out 3ā€¦ Damn you fuel tank, I only need 2kg more :frowning:

Well, this is going to be a bad race for me I have a feeling. Hopefully, I can keep my spot in 5th overall.

please please please no more airstrips for the next brc :smiley:

1 Like

:heart_eyes: quallypoints!
Super satisfied with my carā€™s performance so far, it really shows Iā€™ve been tweaking suspension on GH. I think this is the only race I would wish for constant weatherā€¦
The only thing left for me is to choose the strategyā€¦one, two maybe even three stopsā€¦damn the possibilities.

1 Like

That makes a 3-way championship battle just a little bit more practical. Iā€™m excited for this last race.

1 Like

A quick reminder: 3 days left to update your strategy for the final race.

3 Likes

Did you manage to take a look at strategy option/possible bug?

EDIT: never mind, I scrapped the idea and will go for less risky one.

right. i just realisedā€¦
any car that didnā€™t make it up to 4 laps is gonna have to pit 3 timesā€¦ minimumā€¦

INTERESTING :stuck_out_tongue:

The pit stop itself will work, you wonā€™t get stuck. But be aware that if you switched from S2I at low humidity and if humidity stays constant, you will head to the pits the following lap again because I2S becomes active due to the too low humidity and get Slicks. In the following lap you will get Intermediates again at constant humidity.

Thatā€™s why I backed downā€¦ but thanks for info anyway :slight_smile:

What about the race? Strategy deadline is over, I assumed weā€™ll get it this weekend :wink:

1 Like