The obligatory Mobile Chicane has arrived…the FMR Cerberus!
Just a question regarding fuel and its use.
i am aware that fuel use and all is based on engine characteristics, BUT…
does the fuel have weight and thus affect lap times?
if so, by how much? (even if it’s a very vague eyeball)
The design of the Razorback is almost done but the speed isn´t all there yet.
3.8L I6 Turbo, AHS steel chassi.
My design is KILLING ME rn, this is my first sports car design though so kinks were inevitable, but my car is just oversteer on wheels
If you read the rules on the self scrutineering page carefully, it says you need to enter the number 42 in cell B9. Doing that unlocks the page allowing you to fill out the sheet. (though this seems to be wrong and it B11 that needs this).
The Yinzer Brute in Race Ready GT2 class. This one is owned by Roundhaas Racing, and being driven by Neil O’donnell.
The notes, after the forbidden cell, show what is NOT allowed under the ruleset. So standard/progessive springs allowed but the others aren’t.
1996 Auer Project-57 GT; run by Auer Sportsline Team NYXMO in the GT1-class of the BRC Global GT Series, and driven by Eva Maroto.
Powered by a 6.2 litre naturally-aspirated V10, this 697 HP steel & carbon-fibre beast marks Auer’s first attempt at creating a GT racer; a challenge they intend to take on with flamboyance and much enthusiasm in collaboration with established British racing outfit Team NYXMO.
I realise now that I completely forgot the bloody fuel port. >_<
Mons Racing enters the GT series with the Mons GT2 96. Our driver is Dominic Duff, may the mighty one have mercy on his soul driving this deathtrap.
Ok, there’s another exploit I was not aware of (thanks @donutsnail for reporting) and I have to ban the use of it:
- Some people are placing aero fixtures several meters (I saw cases >50 meters) away from the car body with 3D fixture mode to generate more downforce / run lower wing angles for lower drag.
- It should be clear that unconnected aero fixtures are a bit unrealistic.
- Please keep your aero fixtures somewhat realistically connected to your main car body. Do not be creative and build several meters-long connections with other fixtures or whatever comes to your mind.
- I already have a way to automatically detect the mounting position. And no, painting them transparent will not work - I will get you.
- I will DQ without notice.
- When in doubt, ask before submitting.
The rule spreadsheet has been updated accordingly. Please make yourself a new copy.
I will grant everybody who has already submitted one resubmission for the pre-season tests.
Its been a while since I played but I will try to get one done.
I didn’t see anything about required safety or seating/type… are those being figured into anything?
No, both are irrelevant.
Scarab Racing will enter the BRC:GTT with the GT2 car Scarab Cirrus MR 2.8 Ti, driven by Eric Williams