BRC: Global GT Series [THE END]

The car will go for an emergency stop when damage, tire wear or one of the weather triggers is activated, even when outside of a regular pit window. Just make sure you are not in a “don’t pit” window, which you can set at the start and end of a race.

how does one determine which compound of tyre to swap to?

say, i want to stop on lap X and DEFINITLY (regardless of moisture) want to use Inters, the only way i see this working is to set the Slick-to-Inter trigger really low, which definitly will fuck over other pit stops.

2 Likes

lol wut we finished?

So… the “tire compounds” parts are triggers and not “you’re in the pits” conditionals? I was thinking that the conditional looked at grip loss percentage, then looked at the “tire compounds” percentages once changing tires.

Hm. Not sure what to do with that one.

It is currently not possible to go on a different compound regardless of moisture. Maybe a thing to implement in the future, but I think with the current system you can set up a more optimal, reactive strategy.

By sitting it out until it actually makes sense (i.e. is faster) to swap. I.e. plan your planned stop a bit later than when the rain starts and bring the car in when it starts raining by using the S2I trigger.

They are both - they will trigger a pit stop (checked just before pit entry) and are checked again when the car is stopped (i.e. a few seconds later) to determine which compound to put on.

1 Like

BRC_small

BRC: Global GT Series

Race 2 Qualifying

The qualifying session for race 2 has been done and it looks like we gtot some rain!

Qualifying 2 Result Sheets

12 Likes

if the car pits in the “pit window” area because of the S2I trigger, does that count as a planned pit stop?

Yes, that is how it is meant to be used. It will replace the planned stop, refuel and switch tires according to the weather conditions.

1 Like

A few questions:

What kind of tyres were used during this qualifying of race 2? As my car’s pace is down extremely (even last of it’s class) in these qualifying conditions.

What would roughly be the effect on laptimes for tyres: During that qualifying my laptime is 15 seconds slower than the practice time. So I assume (well hope :sweat_smile: ) the qualification was on Slicks. Would it be correct to guess Wets would maybe give in one/a few seconds over a dry laptime, and Intermediates would be somewhere in the middle of those 2 extremes?

Too bad it’s currently not possible, as it feels counterproductive to wait for the rain if that means you have to do an extra pitstop just to switch out for Intermediates/Wet tyres. For example when you can’t stretch the previous stint enough to pit soon after it starts raining. It does make me wonder: do the Intermediate and Wet tyres have any other disadvantages than more tyre wear when using them in (almost) dry conditions?

Oh and addition: In the first race I haven’t seen a safety car getting deployed. Is that not active or were the crashes just not severe enough for the safety car to come out?

1 Like

Intermediates.

They are slower.

It just was not deployed, yes. It was active.

1 Like

BRC_small

Race 2 Announcement

Race 2 will happen this week! :checkered_flag: Get your strategies in until Thursday, 11:59 p.m. CET in case you want to consider the weather.

Countdown

• Live on Automation’s Discord Server on Friday, March 12, 7:30 p.m. CET
  • on demand on Youtube afterwards

12 Likes

BRC_small

Race 2 Results

Race 2 is done! Congratulations to everybody who has made it to the end, especially the podium, and condolences to everybody who didn’t, especially @HowlerAutomotive . Next race will bring another chance!

How was the race for you? It was hard to keep track of what is going on - but plenty of action! It’s a shame my mic was not recorded - my bad, sorry. :sob: But it felt great to have a victory again after so many years. An official statement will come later this weekend.

Race 2 Recording

Race 2 Result Sheets

The championship standings will be formatted better later and separated into GT1 and GT2.

Strategy Support

Some people said that their strategies did not work out as expected. I offer to support you, so please post here:

• your strategy you sent to me
  • a short summary how it worked out in the race
  • a short summary how you hoped it would work out

I I will try to point you to a better solution, so that you are more successful next time. Until then!

11 Likes

Grats on the win! Also to other high finishers.

I was really hoping to win this championship, but I think it’s slipping away.
Maths tells me I have to consistently finish 2-3 spots ahead of all contenders to have any chance of coming back, so unless there’s a lot of infighting (or crashing) in the top 10, it’s gone. I’m not a betting man - but I wouldn’t bet on me if I were.

I guess it’s probably for the benefit of the championship.

Side note.
Some people have been quick to dismiss Codename Alice as “the most cheese” or “just FR”. It’s not entirely true, and a gross oversimplification of how the engineering choices were made. There’s more than a few hours of thought in there, partly because I knew life issues will make it difficult to give 100% in the next (couple of) challenges.

I’ve also heard a lot of hoping that the Alice would die, so here’s a sneaky attempt to buy crowd goodwill for the rest of the season. If, against odds, I somehow scrape out the championship win, I will write an indepth guide on how I built the car. Not just what I clicked where, but what philosophy I use to get to that point in any BRC. It’s not all clicking. Maybe your philosophy is already better, I don’t know. This one has worked out OK for me a couple of times.

6 Likes

Had some stuff come up that meant I didn’t get to watch live… and apparently that would have been interesting for me. Excited to see the video when it’s done uploading.

Honestly, your car is legitimately the fastest and as one of your closest competitors, I’d say you still have a good chance still so don’t lose hope. Every one of us also has a chance to crash on one of these races, what happened to you can happen to any one of us. The first race is the example of that, as both YR-1s have shown today they are good to compete for the podium as well.

Another thing to bring up but it wouldn’t have made a big difference - on lap 35 (around 1:03:10 on the video), my car went into the pits at 81% humidity and the strategy was wets at 75%. Does that trigger at the start of the lap?

Anyways, that was a heck of an exciting race. I’m kicking myself a little since I almost made the perfect strategy this race. If I stretched my final pit stop window by two laps, it would have been a 1 stop with the second stint on inters. Thus cutting out my last pit altogether and saving 40s. Ah well, third is still great with that screwup. Congrats Bayer on the win as well.

3 Likes

It triggers right before the pit lane entry - and it does not matter how the rain was during the rest of the lap.

You mentioned before about explaining how our strategies went along? I think I can see what happened with my guy but I want to know exactly how it happened and see if I can prevent this happening again. Also, is there a way to eliminate the swap onto intermediate tyres? I guess something like setting them to 101% would do the thing we want

There’s a “Use intermediate tyres” field in the strategy sheet, K18. Set that to 0, and you will not use intermediates.

1 Like

Ohhhhh what a race! From 32nd to 14th! Nice. I didnt anticipate that hard rain, otherwise I would set I2W to 99… oh well.
Congrars DB on the win!

1 Like

BRC_small

Race 3 Practice Update & Qualifying

Here are the updated Practice 3 Results (including correct weight penalties) and the qualifying results. Please send your strategies for Race 3 now. Deadline tbd (until 48 hours before race time, you have at least 7 days).

Practice 3 Video

Practice 3 Result Sheets

Qualifying 3 Video

Qualifying 3 Result Sheets

8 Likes