BRC: Global GT Series [THE END]

In the guide it’s mentioned that “the weather forecast is a bit uncertain”. Could you maybe shed a bit of more light on how much uncertain is it?

1. Is it some +/- X% and +/- Y minutes from the forecast, or can it be completely off?
  2. More importantly, does it also apply to the race start? Here I would assume/expect that the starting humidity is almost 100% accurate?
  3. Is the accuracy of the weather forecast constant? Or are we more certain about the forecast at the start?

The forecast is based on the actual weather. It is taking numbers from there in 10 min intervals and rounding it to the closest multiple of 5. After that, it is doing a linear interpolation between the 10 minute steps.

So timing itself is quite accurate, but you do not really know what is happening during the 10 minutes between the measurement points.

3 Likes

Cisalpina Press Release

Marena, March 1996

The past weekend was very special for Cisalpina - we scored an unexpected win due to a lucky constellation and a few events during the race which played into our hands. It was the end of the race where others lost it and we won it.

First of all, we hope that Paua Torxdottir is alright and will recover quickly from the crash and the tragic loss of the seemingly safe victory. We were definitely not in a position to fight for the win. Also JJ Leno would have deserved the victory more than we did, but our calculations show that his puncture cost him just enough time to put us in front.

What an amazing and hard race nevertheless! We were stuck in the beginning and counted the seconds we lost behind other cars, but in the end it did not matter. Rain and the race god often work very well together and produce races to remember.

The team worked out a very good strategy and responded to the rain quickly. Although the rain arrived a bit earlier than we expected, the team was wide awake when the first drops fell. This was really the foundation for overtaking other cars, for example Tristella or Seabeast Motorsports. The Cisalpina Vivace of course also held up nicely. To finish first, you first have to finish! In addition to these aspects, Martin Bayer just had an excellent day and really shined in the wet.

The victorious Cisalpina Vivace GT1 at Al Rilma Beach

We are now looking forward to our home race in Narnilla. Again, we are not expecting stellar performance, especially as Howler Robobro Racing will unload all ballast and we will be punished with the full 100 kilograms. But we will do our best for a great show and hope to surprise again.

Cisalpina Automobili S.p.A.

13 Likes

BRC_small

BRC: Global GT Series

Race 3 Strategy

Here’s a quick video about my strategy for next race - use it as inspiration for your own. Don’t forget to:

• pick Wets as starting compound
  • estimate a reasonable speed in the wet
  • check your tire compound triggers

We are currently discussing when the next race will happen - probably on the weekend of March 26-28.

8 Likes

BRC_small

Race 3 Announcement

Race 3 will happen this week! :checkered_flag: Get your strategies in until Thursday, 11:59 p.m. CET in case you want to consider the weather. And you probably should - looks like a start in the rain to me!

Countdown

• Live on Automation’s Discord Server on Saturday, March 27, 7:30 p.m. CET
  • on demand on Youtube afterwards

7 Likes

BRC_small

Race 3 Announcement

Race 3 will start a bit earlier than originally planned: Tomorrow, Saturday, March 27, 6:00 p.m. CET

3 Likes

BRC_small

Race 3 Results

Race 3 is done! Congratulations to everybody who has made it to the end, especially the podium in both classes, and condolences to everybody who didn’t. Next race will bring another chance! It also will be a lot easier again to submit a strategy, as no rain is expected.

Grats to @HowlerAutomotive, who shocked us again shortly before the end of the race!

Race 3 Recording

Race 3 Result Sheets

Strategy Support

Some people said that their strategies did not work out as expected. I offer to support you, so please post here:

• your strategy you sent to me
  • a short summary how it worked out in the race
  • a short summary how you hoped it would work out

I I will try to point you to a better solution, so that you are more successful next time. Until then!

Race “Sponsorship”

As I said during the stream, you can try to “sponsor” a race - all you need to do is send your ad as an image in 1920x1080 pixels image to me in a PM. It will then be stored and one ad from the entered ads will be randomly chosen and shown before the start of the race. When it is chosen, I will delete it again, so that it will not be shown twice.

You may send 1 ad per season. It does not necessarily need to show a car - it could also just be a logo or whatever. Be creative! :slight_smile: I reserve the right to not accept your ad in case it is offensive in any possible way.

10 Likes

BRC_small

Race 4 Practice Update & Qualifying

Here are the updated Practice 4 Results (including correct weight penalties) and the qualifying results. Please send your strategies for Race 4 now. Update your strategy → get more points (if you don’t screw it up completely). Deadline tbd (until at least 48 hours before race time, you have at least 7 days).

Practice 4 Video

Practice 4 Result Sheets

Qualifying 4 Video

Qualifying 4 Result Sheets

6 Likes
**More Paua**

I meet Paua Torxdottir in the city this time. She’s waiting with a large pink milkshake in her left hand. The pinky and ring finger are still in a pressure bandage, a memento from the events at Al Rilma.

Thanks for seeing me again.
“Great to see you.”

So how are things?
“Up and down. Mostly up.”

Tell me about it.
"I can’t put it into words. The roar of the V10, the smell of the fuel, the tires gripping, gripping, gripping. Eating up the tarmac. I love racing. If you know what it feels like, you know. If you don’t, you should try. Go karting, that’ll get you started.

We’re had some amazing successes. Alice has absolutely proven herself. When I hold on and the tires hold on, that car can take on the world."

ATT raceway went well.
“It did. I was very nervous, it’s one thing to throw the car around in practice and another to race it wheel to wheel on a tightly packed circuit for the first time. When you’ve got someone in your sights, you just want to gun it. But Alice has more torque in her than your average train station, so you’ve got to get her up to speed a bit, or you cook the tires. It’s all about feeling the car and the circuit. It went well that time.”

Do you want to talk about Al Rilma?
“I know the crash looked spectacular on video, but I was only going fifty [km/h - editor]. Hit a slippery spot, caught the oil pan on the kerb, that’s all you need.”

“The fingers will be fine. Pride will take a bit of healing. I should have babied it more with the lead I had, but the car is a lot more planted, usually. Could have been something on the road. The lost championship points are killing me, of course, but there’s nothing to be done.”

And Narnilla? That sure was a spectacle at the end.
“Oh, don’t get me started. I know they’re still investigating it with Dunlap. Losing a front and a back at the same time, that’s dangerous. Lucky it was a slow corner. And it was pretty fresh rubber, too. Of course, there can be stuff on the road, debris from other cars. You can’t make unbreakable tires. The important thing is, they held up well enough that I could go the distance. I mean, I wanted that last overtake, but the points are more important.”

Future?
“Get as many points as we can. The opponents are strong. I don’t want anyone to crash, but if our top competitors could just chill and finish twelfth through fifteenth for a change, that would really help us.”
She laughs.
“I mean, I wouldn’t in their position. We’ll fight for everything we can fight for. It’s not over 'till it’s over. Yanagrad is a great layout, it’ll be a fun race.”

11 Likes

mo paua babeh

2 Likes

Anyone here?

no!

*The preceding picture was taken on “Closed” roads, during a practice run for the UMC team’s car.

A moment with Thicc Johnson

The setting: The Union Motor Cars’ base of operations, an undersized garage a few miles from the Automation Test Track. Everyone is anxious, waiting for the long break between rounds to end. As for now, I’m talking with Thicc Johnson, the man tasked with driving probably one of the worst cars in BRC history. I, unlike many others, am interested in what life as a backmarker is like.
Thicc certainly isn’t a pushover. The 28 year old has open wheel experience, and, though it may sound cruel, the back of the field isn’t exactly foreign for him. Debuting at the upper echelons of open wheel racing in 1990, an experimental engine design would see Thicc stuck in the back of the field. After that, Thicc has seen mild success, but a move to the BRC for 1996 seems to be the next move for the experienced Pole. Our interview is below.

So Thicc, how’s the car?
“Shit.”
What exactly about it do you not like?
“Well, I can tell you, but you’re going to want to take a seat. Sure, It’s light, very light, less than 2000 pounds, I was very impressed with the number, not going to lie, but everything, and I mean everything else, is a joke! The car understeers to high hell, the engine, while being pretty strong, doesn’t take nearly enough advantage of the flatplane crank design. The aero, actually, is so bad, that every time I drive the car, I’m convinced it takes another year off of my life.”
Wow, that bad, huh? You’re okay with saying all of this in your teams garage?
“Of course I am, even the engineers told me the car is a disaster. There isn’t even a sponsor on the hood.”
Well, uhh, anything… Good? About the car? Maybe?
“Like I said, it’s light. The chassis has potential, but the power steering needs some work, even if it adds some weight. I think a turbo would have solved alot of problems, but its too late for that now. There were some other concepts for engines, chassis, etc, even building one now to try and improve the knowledge of this ruleset.”
Well, that’s good. They know they messed up, but they still want to learn and improve from their mistake. I like that.
“For sure, I would have left by now if I didn’t like these guys.”
Let’s look at the championship, who do you think will come out on top?
“Not us.”
That is true, but are there any names in your hat?
“Maybe that power chick.”
Paua Torxdottir?
“Yeah, her, I think she’s gonna do well. I see her lapping me all the time so yeah.”
For this season, what are your goals?
“If the team can improve their design by the end of the season, I will have been satisfied with the work I did here. Mainly not finishing last is our concern to be honest with you, but whenever we qualify I take it as proof of a God, since half the GT2 class is faster than we are.”
It’s been a rather extended break for the BRC. What have you been up to in that time?
“Some karting stuff with my mates. Partying with The Boys™. Getting violently ill off of some sushi. Trying to be friends with the other drivers. The usual racing stuff I think.”
Well Thicc, It’s been great to catch up with you, good luck on the racing stuff!
“Yeah, for sure, good luck on the reporting stuff.”

Thus concludes my time with the Enigma known as Thicc Johnson. Thicc himself, well, yeah, he’s an interesting guy, but he and the team in general seem to be fully aware of their situation, and are just trying to learn as much as possible, while having a good time. These cats will be trying to qualify once more for the race at the Teberbergring, and in doing so, will be looking to break the mold, and carve the Union Motor Cars brand onto the Mount Rushmore of great racing marques, a lofty goal for sure, but one that they have the grit, spit, and duct tape to achieve. For now though, being pragmatic, they’re set to be one of the many field fillers for this event, but whether they start last or second to last, the unique attitude of this team is one that, for me at least, gives me high hopes for their future. Godspeed, Thicc.

Or maybe he’ll just finish last every race who knows!

2 Likes

Yes - I was a bit busy in the last weeks, but racing should continue soon!

8 Likes

Lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

BRC_small

End of mid-season break

Hey guys, sorry for the long break without notice - I have been a bit busy, but let’s bring this challenge to a good end :slight_smile:

Before the break, I did not yet receive a lot of strategy updates for Race 4. Everybody has the chance to send a new strategy for the dry race in Archana now. I will put everybody without a strategy update on a reasonable default strategy, which is not necessarily the quickest option for your car.

Deadline: July 22, 6 am CEST

Strategy submission sheet: Google Drive

The races will most likely just be uploaded on YouTube without commentary, but I will schedule a premiere event for those who want to watch together.

Round of pings for everybody:
@66mazda @8bs @Aaron.W @AirJordan @AMuteCrypt @B4nditOo @Boiled_Steak @cake_ape @Chickenbiscuit @chiefzach2018 @conan @CriticalSet9849 @Destrega @donutsnail @Dragawn @Elizipeazie @Emilius73 @EnryGT5 @Executive @Fabelhaftigkeit @Falling_Comet @gridghost @Ham @HelloHi @HowlerAutomotive @hudso @ImKaeR @Inu @Jaimz @Lordred @Mako @Marv666 @Maverick74 @mekilljoydammit @Mikonp7 @MrChips @Mythrin @Navara @Ne0 @Nivracer @NoahC @Nyxana @On3CherryShake @phale @pyrlix @Quotex @ramthecowy @Riley @Rudzis @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T @S31 @ShadowUnicorn_Gaming @SmonsSmithy @SurrealCereal @th3maldonado @ThatCarMadGamer @TheAlmightyTwingo @TheHengeProphet @titleguy1 @toilets @Trollercoaster @Tzuyu_main @VaporRossa @variationofvariables @Xepy @yangx2 @Zabhawkin @ZilverBlade

23 Likes

BRC_small

Race 4 Announcement

Race 4 will happen tomorrow at 2:30 pm CEST. It will only be a Youtube live premiere without commentary. I also messed up the sound recording - so no sound - but that’s not really a big issue I think.

Feel free to use the Youtube live chat or the #brc-livechat channel on discord for discussion during the race :slight_smile: I cannot promise to be there when it starts, but we’ll see.

Race Results

10 Likes

BRC_small

Race 5 Practice Update & Qualifying

Here are the updated Practice 5 Results (including correct weight penalties) and the qualifying results. Please send your strategies for Race 5 now. Update your strategy → get more points (if you don’t screw it up completely).

Deadline: Monday, October 4, 6 a.m. CEST

Strategy submission sheet: Google Drive

Practice 5 Video

Practice 5 Result Sheets

Qualifying 5 Video

Qualifying 5 Result Sheets

Round of pings for everybody:
@66mazda @8bs @Aaron.W @AirJordan @AMuteCrypt @B4nditOo @Boiled_Steak @cake_ape @Chickenbiscuit @chiefzach2018 @conan @CriticalSet9849 @Destrega @donutsnail @Dragawn @Elizipeazie @Emilius73 @EnryGT5 @Executive @Fabelhaftigkeit @Falling_Comet @gridghost @Ham @HelloHi @HowlerAutomotive @hudso @ImKaeR @Inu @Jaimz @Lordred @Mako @Marv666 @Maverick74 @mekilljoydammit @Mikonp7 @MrChips @Mythrin @Navara @Ne0 @Nivracer @NoahC @Nyxana @On3CherryShake @phale @pyrlix @Quotex @ramthecowy @Riley @Rudzis @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T @S31 @ShadowUnicorn_Gaming @SmonsSmithy @SurrealCereal @th3maldonado @ThatCarMadGamer @TheAlmightyTwingo @TheHengeProphet @titleguy1 @toilets @Trollercoaster @Tzuyu_main @VaporRossa @variationofvariables @Xepy @yangx2 @Zabhawkin @ZilverBlade

15 Likes

BRC_small

Race 5 Announcement

Oof, it’s been a while! Sorry for the delays again - let’s hope I can finish the season within this year :smiley:

Race 5 will be premiered on Saturday, October 30, 2 p.m. CEST! Again without commentary, but the Youtube and Discord chat are open.

Race Results

14 Likes

My prediction for race 6: Howler 1st, Me 3rd, Der Bayer 4th for a 3 way tie at the end of the championship. :wink:

3 Likes