BRC: Global GT Series [THE END]

The obligatory Mobile Chicane has arrived…the FMR Cerberus!

5 Likes

Here is my entry, the Cepheus Sceptre V6. 510hp, 1022 kilos, carbon fiber body.

3 Likes

Just a question regarding fuel and its use.
i am aware that fuel use and all is based on engine characteristics, BUT…

does the fuel have weight and thus affect lap times?

if so, by how much? (even if it’s a very vague eyeball)

The design of the Razorback is almost done but the speed isn´t all there yet.
3.8L I6 Turbo, AHS steel chassi.

6 Likes

felt this

My design is KILLING ME rn, this is my first sports car design though so kinks were inevitable, but my car is just oversteer on wheels

If you read the rules on the self scrutineering page carefully, it says you need to enter the number 42 in cell B9. Doing that unlocks the page allowing you to fill out the sheet. (though this seems to be wrong and it B11 that needs this).

The Yinzer Brute in Race Ready GT2 class. This one is owned by Roundhaas Racing, and being driven by Neil O’donnell.

2 Likes

The notes, after the forbidden cell, show what is NOT allowed under the ruleset. So standard/progessive springs allowed but the others aren’t.

:sweden: 1996 Auer Project-57 GT; run by Auer Sportsline Team NYXMO in the GT1-class of the BRC Global GT Series, and driven by :mexico: Eva Maroto.

Powered by a 6.2 litre naturally-aspirated V10, this 697 HP steel & carbon-fibre beast marks Auer’s first attempt at creating a GT racer; a challenge they intend to take on with flamboyance and much enthusiasm in collaboration with established British racing outfit Team NYXMO.

6 Likes

I realise now that I completely forgot the bloody fuel port. >_<

Zephorus ZRD CLR GT1

Prepare for take off.
Why do you thnk its called clr kekw

The Zephorus Racing Department CLR is one of the most advanced racing cars ever produced by the company, here’s why.

Developed by a team of engineers the project took only 3 million years to complete thanks to the space frame chassis and small 4.4L V8 engine.

The long tail helps the car with balance when achieving speeds of over 200mph. Aero balance was an important part of the development of the car, the test drivers complained non stop about oversteer at high speed yet the car kept going quicker.

Alongside the racecar there was several road going versions made for legal purposes, all sold before they were built. Despite being road legal the cars were actually faster in a straight line since the GT wing was removed, but the stability was kept thanks to the short tail wing.

24 Likes

Mons Racing enters the GT series with the Mons GT2 96. Our driver is Dominic Duff, may the mighty one have mercy on his soul driving this deathtrap.

7 Likes

Rules update

Ok, there’s another exploit I was not aware of (thanks @donutsnail for reporting) and I have to ban the use of it:

• Some people are placing aero fixtures several meters (I saw cases >50 meters) away from the car body with 3D fixture mode to generate more downforce / run lower wing angles for lower drag.
  • It should be clear that unconnected aero fixtures are a bit unrealistic.
  • Please keep your aero fixtures somewhat realistically connected to your main car body. Do not be creative and build several meters-long connections with other fixtures or whatever comes to your mind.
  • I already have a way to automatically detect the mounting position. And no, painting them transparent will not work - I will get you.
  • I will DQ without notice.
  • When in doubt, ask before submitting.

The rule spreadsheet has been updated accordingly. Please make yourself a new copy.
I will grant everybody who has already submitted one resubmission for the pre-season tests.

15 Likes

Its been a while since I played but I will try to get one done.

I didn’t see anything about required safety or seating/type… are those being figured into anything?

No, both are irrelevant.

Scarab Racing will enter the BRC:GTT with the GT2 car Scarab Cirrus MR 2.8 Ti, driven by Eric Williams

2 Likes

FUJISAKI HIRASAWA RACING TEAM

HIRASAWA 722R GT1 R2

Fujisaki Hirasawa Racing Team presents Hirasawa 722R GT1 R2 - the fastest Hirasawa on the planet not really.

藤崎平沢レーシングチームが平沢722RGT1R2を発表。地球上で最速の平沢ではない。

Inspired by the JASDF’s Blue Impulse aerobatic team, the Hirasawa 722R GT1 R2 is the spirit of going fast in style. Piloted by Yoshio Takamoto, the supercar is in the hands of the most reliable driver on deck. Takamoto has at least 30 seconds of experience running around his high school track and is greatly eager to be a part of the Fujisaki Hirasawa team.

航空自衛隊のブルーインパルス曲技飛行チームに触発された平沢722RGT1 R2は、スタイリッシュに速く走る精神です。高本義夫が操縦するスーパーカーは、デッキで最も信頼できるドライバーの手に渡っています。高本は高校のコースを30秒以上走り回った経験があり、藤崎平沢チームの一員になりたいと強く望んでいます。

With 722 horsepower going to the wheels and an innovative wing design to provide at least 900 lbs of downforce to the rear, the 722R is planned to do absolutely okay against its competition.

722馬力が車輪に行き、後部に少なくとも900ポンドのダウンフォースを提供する革新的な翼の設計により、722Rはその競争に対して完全に大丈夫であると計画されています。

29 Likes

The Hudson Motor Car Company’s in-house tuning department and factory racing team, Hudson Performance Specialties, tosses their entry for the 1996 BRC season into the ring: The Hudson Hornet 400X.

This GT2 contender is based off of the long-standing line of Hudson sports coupes and sedans that began over 40 years ago. Partnering with primary sponsor fourteen40, driver Ricky Van Winkler has high hopes for his #11 Hudson:

“HMCC has brought together an amazing team - I think we’ve absolutely got what it takes to contend for the championship this year!”

However, development of the car has been followed by it’s fair share of rumors, from reports of dangerous handling characteristics on the track - firmly rebuffed by Hudson design boss William Edwards - to assertions that members of the HPS design team were also assisting in the development of a rival, Australian-based entry to the BRC grid.

The successful return of Hudson to the international racing scene remains to be seen, but it appears that hopes and expectations are high all around.

(Below: The Hudson Hornet 400X in it’s inaugural BRC:GTT livery)

11 Likes

The car doesn’t have a name erm no lore juts drive fast

6 Likes