BRC: Global GT Series [THE END]

It’s a bit of a nothing burger style of racing when watching Motorsport Manager, especially as a player when your driver is clearly faster and just piles into the back of the guy in front. Contact, spins, all those little random or ballsy moments that make races interesting to watch just don’t work well enough in motorsport manager. I wonder how much performance could be gained from backface culling on things like this. If I had the spare time and money it would be interesting to try but life is not that way and I don’t have the skills necessary to start developing a project like this.

1 Like

Motorsport Manager was my favorite kick back and watch game until I started playing GT5 B spec. I assumed Der_Bayer was also part of that because of how close they feel. https://youtu.be/rwye_R8NJYg?t=187

31 Likes

Am I the only one who entered an Inline-5?

2 Likes

I had planned an inline 5 at one point, but it proved ineffective for my car so I scrapped the idea

Nope, I used a completely lore based 2.5 I5 family from 1994

Surprised at how low my BPI is, thought I would be a lot closer to Riley and Xepy given my Preseason times and the redevelopment of the engine but I guess not.

Normally I build an i5 for everything, but this time I welded two of mine together at the crank for that “extra power”

2 Likes

I think that BPI is mostly just for show, I wouldn’t put any stock into it. I think your weight might be negatively impacting more than it actually matters to your build for example.

29 Likes

Huh… I guess Korone (or… her daughter?) wasn’t as terrible at driving as her (…mother’s?) Gran Turismo stream would lead one to believe.

5 Likes

I see voting for best looking car would be an ungreatful nightmare. You people are amazing.

From these stats I still cant spy the decisive factor of my lost time. There is something I did not consider or know that would get me past that time block I’m stuck at.

6 Likes

Seems some fixtures didn’t load in properly on the rearward facing views of some of the cars. Other than that, wow, these trump cards are amazing!

3 Likes

Fair enough. I am really happy with my car appart from that one wierd spot on the custom sideskirts! Really annoys me but couldn’t fix it before the deadline

Oates Python CFX GT2

After years of running Turból and Legion factory efforts in IMSA, NASCAR, and other domestic racing series, Oates Performance decided to create their own bespoke sports car. Using the inexpensive Legion Marbas pony car as a basis, Oates transformed it into a dedicated sports car, completely rebodied in a carbon fiber body reminiscent of classic sports cars of the 1960s and set their sights on international motorsport.

The Python was available with two engine choices; the venerable, Turból 4000 series 4 liter 24v SOHC V8 from the Marbas GT, and Turból’s new 4.2 liter 30 valve DOHC V6, codename 96f. The 96f was being developed specifically for motorsports applications, but with Turból’s own mid-engine supercar car not expected until the 1997 season at the soonest, Turból saw an opportunity to test the new engine in Oates’ new sports car, providing technical support. The car would be driven by Kasey Yellows, 3 times consecutive SCCA Trans Am Champion 1992-1994.

Additional Photos

19 Likes

32 Likes

I’ll try to provide the first practice results and instructions on strategies tomorrow. Cheers!

30 Likes

BRC_small

BRC: Global GT Series

Race 1 - Practice

Practice Results

Practice Video

Updated Strategy Sheet

Please use the updated strategy submission sheet (second tab of the sheet) to provide working strategies. Using the old one will provide badly formatted information for me, so please make yourself a new copy.

Strategy Instructions

A video setting up my own strategy for the race and explaining various things which might help you for your own strategy:

Deadline for Race 1 Strategies

Monday, February 8, 7 a.m. CET

20 Likes

GT Vitale buoyed by early practice pace, Wilson “Content” with session

GT Vitale racing were happy to see their car punching up by the top 10 in the first competition session of the series, just shy of breaking past the Seshido RR1 of Imamoru Tachibana in P11. Lanark Engineer Bryce Kelsey was exctatic, grinning wildly at the prospect of a challenge for the single digit finishes. Wilson was more calculated, keeping his head in the game as the weekend progresses towards the first Qualifying session “I can’t help but keep myself calm in situations like this. Driving in IMSA taught me one thing, and that’s not to get your hopes up. However, we can’t shy away from the fact that we’ve done a good one for ourselves, it’s put the whole team in the right for success, and that’s what we need right now.”

The good news came with mixed replies from Lanark who, due to the impending collapse of the CMRA Formula 5000 series, have lost a significant income stream and are looking for new customers of their 5.0 V10 engines. It is, in fact, a turbocharged variant of the F5000 engine that powers the GT1-R, having been heavily developed alongside established engine tuner Maciek Cybuch to produce a much more efficient unit.

As Lanark, Danny Wilson and the whole GT Vitale team look forward to a captivating first practice, it seems the Scottish supercar manufacturer may well need a miracle to rescue them from financial collapse come next year.

4 Likes

BRC_small

BRC: Global GT Series

Race 1 - Qualifying

Qualifying Results

Here are the first qualifying results! You can use the data to estimate how fast your car can go with an empty fuel tank - maybe this helps when building a race strategy? But of course there are some random effects, so don’t take the times for granted.

QualifyingVideo

Deadline for Race 1 Strategies

Monday, February 8, 7 a.m. CET

Scoring and Weight Ballast Scheme

I still owe you the scoring and success ballast schemes:

Scoring
P 1-10: 35 - 32 - 30 - 28 - 26 - 25 - 24 - 23 - 22 - 21
P 11-20: 20 - 19 - 18 - 17 - 16 - 15 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 11
P 21-30: 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Success Ballast
P 1-10: 100 - 90- 80 - 70 - 60 - 50 - 40 - 30 - 20 - 10 kg

Both will be applied individually per class.

18 Likes