BRC: Global GT Series [THE END]

If so, who will be second?

Trollercoaster, obviously :stuck_out_tongue:

BRC_small

BRC: Global GT Series

Race 6 Practice Update & Qualifying

Here are the updated Practice 6 Results (including correct weight penalties) and the qualifying results. Please send your strategies for the season finale now. Update your strategy → get more points (if you don’t screw it up completely).

Deadline: Monday, December 6, 6 a.m. CET

Strategy submission sheet: Google Drive

Practice 6 Video

Practice 6 Result Sheets

Qualifying 6 Video

Qualifying 6 Result Sheets

Round of pings for everybody:
@66mazda @8bs @Aaron.W @AirJordan @AMuteCrypt @B4nditOo @Boiled_Steak @cake_ape @Chickenbiscuit @chiefzach2018 @conan @CriticalSet9849 @Destrega @donutsnail @Dragawn @Elizipeazie @Emilius73 @EnryGT5 @Executive @Fabelhaftigkeit @Falling_Comet @gridghost @Ham @HelloHi @HowlerAutomotive @hudso @ImKaeR @Inu @Jaimz @Lordred @Mako @Marv666 @Maverick74 @mekilljoydammit @Mikonp7 @MrChips @Mythrin @Navara @Ne0 @Nivracer @NoahC @Nyxana @On3CherryShake @phale @pyrlix @Quotex @ramthecowy @Riley @Rudzis @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T @S31 @ShadowUnicorn_Gaming @SmonsSmithy @SurrealCereal @th3maldonado @ThatCarMadGamer @TheAlmightyTwingo @TheHengeProphet @titleguy1 @toilets @Trollercoaster @Tzuyu_main @VaporRossa @variationofvariables @Xepy @yangx2 @Zabhawkin @ZilverBlade

7 Likes

BRC_small

Race 6 Announcement

The BRC is now more realistic than ever before - a season now really lasts a whole year! :smiley: Sorry for the delays…

Season Finale

Just before the sixth and final race tension is very high among the competitors. Both the GT1 and GT2 championship are not yet decided.

The race is hosted on the most famous Gasmean road course, utilizing parts of the legendary Ellisbury Tri-Oval, so both high- and low-speed cornering capabilities will be crucial for success. Teams will have to have an eye on the weather, too, as the forecast is predicting at least a bit of rain around the end of the
race.

GT2 championship status

The situation in GT2 seems to be quite obvious, but one DNF can change everything - as we have seen with HowlerAutomotive’s race in Al Rilma in GT1.

Mathematically, three drivers are still eligible for the championship:

• @Dragawn: Three victories and two second places are quite convincing: The favourite has a 21 point lead in the championship, which means that the championship is secured with P17 or better and nobody can do anything against it. We will see if Dragawn will go for another top result or nurse the car to finish safely.
  • @Ne0: With 5 podium finishes the performance over the whole season was very consistent, but Ne0 never finished better than Dragawn in any race. To still win the championship, at least P9 is required if Dragawn retires.
  • @titleguy1 was able to defeat Dragawn in Archana, but a weak performance in Dalluha lead to a big gap in the championship. To win the championship, titleguy1 is forced to win the race, while Dragawn needs to finish 29th or worse and Ne0 needs to stay 8th or worse. It is quite unlikely, but you never know.

GT1 championship status

In the GT1 class the situation is much more unpredictable than in GT2.

Six drivers still have a mathematical chance to win the championship - these three are the most likely ones:

• @Der_Bayer: After taking the lead following HowlerAutomotive’s issues in Al Rilma, nobody could take the lead away due to a very consistenc performance with only top 5 finishes including one P1 and one P3. To win the championship, CriticalSet9849 may not win or not finish more than one or two places in front of Der Bayer, depending on if they are in the Top5 or not. At the same time, HowlerAutomotive may only finish two to six places ahead.
  • @CriticalSet9849 will win when finishing the race on P1, or when collecting at least 3 points more than Der Bayer, i.e. finishing 2-3 places ahead. At the same time, HowlerAutomotive may only finish 1-4 positions ahead and the rest of the competition needs to be somewhere closely ahead.
  • @HowlerAutomotive is likely to win the race if nothing goes wrong, as it happened in every other race of the season. It will lead to the overall victory, if Der Bayer does not finish on the podium and CriticalSet9849 finishes at most 3rd.

There are many more possible outcomes and constellations, of course, but all of those require that neither Der Bayer, CriticalSet9849 and HowlerAutomotive win the race.

What are your hopes for the final race? What is your strategy? (The race has already been recorded, so nobody will be able to take advantage.)

Race Stream

The race will again be hosted as a YouTube Premiere on December 28th, 3 p.m. CET (again without commentary). Please use the livechat on YouTube and/or Discord to discuss during the race.

Countdown: click me

Round of pings for everybody:
@66mazda @8bs @Aaron.W @AirJordan @AMuteCrypt @B4nditOo @Boiled_Steak @cake_ape @Chickenbiscuit @chiefzach2018 @conan @CriticalSet9849 @Destrega @donutsnail @Dragawn @Elizipeazie @Emilius73 @EnryGT5 @Executive @Fabelhaftigkeit @Falling_Comet @gridghost @Ham @HelloHi @HowlerAutomotive @hudso @ImKaeR @Inu @Jaimz @Lordred @Mako @Marv666 @Maverick74 @mekilljoydammit @Mikonp7 @MrChips @Mythrin @Navara @Ne0 @Nivracer @NoahC @Nyxana @On3CherryShake @phale @pyrlix @Quotex @ramthecowy @Riley @Rudzis @S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T @S31 @ShadowUnicorn_Gaming @SmonsSmithy @SurrealCereal @th3maldonado @ThatCarMadGamer @TheAlmightyTwingo @TheHengeProphet @titleguy1 @toilets @Trollercoaster @Tzuyu_main @VaporRossa @variationofvariables @Xepy @yangx2 @Zabhawkin @ZilverBlade

16 Likes

It’s too bad about the round 4 DNF or I’d definitely be still in the fight for GT2!

BRC_small

Race 6 Results

The final race of the Global GT Series has been completed and these are the race results including the championship standings:

Race 6 Results

Thanks to everybody for participating and congrats to the winners! I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for me!

GT1 Championship

Results inside

Podium:

Top 25:

GT2 Championship

Results inside

Podium:

Top 25:

Final Thoughts

The BRC has become a huge project and is quite hard to maintain and to keep the car performance close to the in-game Automation performance. With the 4.2 update, another huge investment would be necessary, and still I would need to spend a lot of time for each individual forum challenge I run. It was a bit exhausting for me personally and thus the championship took quite some time for me to complete. In addition to that, I started another rather large side project in June.

So I have come to the decision to let the BRC die in its current form (although I announced what thought would be the next challenge earlier this year already). I still feel kind of sad to end it, but I rather end it now instead of starting a new challenge and not finishing it.

Again, thanks to everybody who was part of the journey, especially @pyrlix, @NormanVauxhall, @Killrob and @KLinardo, who contributed a lot to the presentation of the challenge! I might actually play the game more often again now, so see you in a few other challenges soon!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Cheers,
Martin

29 Likes

Thanks for running the series Martin! I’m sad to see it go, but understand how much work it is and appreciate all the effort you put into these.

For what it’s worth, I’m quite proud of the strategic planning for my races. Aside from building the car and following along the season, my favourite part was the pit stop planning. The car was… sheit… but barring accidents/punctures it finished higher than it should’ve due to good calls on pitstops and tire choices. Like this last race - going long and putting on inters saved my hide (sorry Hudso for the last lap pass! :wink: ).

Looking forward to what you cook up next!

2 Likes

Thanks for the good times, Martin! Definitely one of my all-time most favourite gaming experiences. Very sad to see the BRC go, but I can only imagine the colossal amount of time spent to make it tick. Special shout out for the visuals this season.

I recall stating I would shed some light on the car and the methods used to build it, should it claw its way back up. Don’t know how many of you noticed or care, but a promise is a promise. It will take time to put together with life being life though. I’ve gained some extra responsibilities in the past year :slight_smile: Be assured it’s in the works.

Edit: In case someone reads this again, thinking “didn’t he bloody promise to share some deets” then yes I did and I haven’t backed out. I have a framework in my head and a decent amount of stills, just not the time to make them into a presentable document or video. It’ll happen as soon as I do.

8 Likes

Altho I’ve been absent from this community for past few years (and in shows in resoults) I came back only for BRC. Martin, kudos to you, every Series has been amazing. I’m very very happy I was able to catch the BRC window in automation and all of the hours I spent were “worth it”.

I can only imagine the time it takes to construct this; especially on such high level. If BRC or similar rises again, even as it own strategy Automation spinoff, I’ll be there!

Thank you again. What a blast :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Man, shame I missed the end but it’s so fitting to see Lanark finish a tied 13th position given their state but a year later in the lore. Thank you for putting in a huge amount of effort, have had the same “Start and never finished” after a real big build up I totally understand the decision to put it bed on a high that drag it out.

Thank you for what you did for myself, our community, and Automation as a whole.

1 Like

This was quite the ride! :slight_smile: So much effort to make it happen to the quality it did. I’m looking forward to what the future might hold for the BRC.
Cheers!

9 Likes

It’s been a while, but a promise is a promise.

The Codename Alice GT1 reveal and a monologue regarding engineering choices can be found at the following link:

I hope some of you find it worth your time.

7 Likes

how is the rear not bottoming out with that much downforce in the rear?

Combination of more suspension travel and that’s-just-how-it-works-here. I seem to recall it was quite on the limit.

1 Like