BRC QuER - Hockenheim 1000 km 1976 [FINISHED]

[color=yellow]1000 km Hockenheim 1976[/color]

For testing the new features and the ruleset draft for the BRC 1976 season I want to host an endurance race in Hockenheim. So you can get a head start at building a car to the somewhat likely rules and get a feel for the additions to the simulation. And I can test and tweak so that we all have a better race season. :slight_smile: The track can be found here.

Two important rules are missing on the poster:

NO OPEN/CLOSED BETA
NO MODS except High-Quality Essentials

Deadline for entries: Monday, March 28
Just in case: If more than 99 cars are submitted, entries might be closed.

Please use the NEW BRCTool for selecting and setting up your entry: [BRCTool on Google Drive] Instructions can be found in the readme. If you encounter any issues please let me know. Please make sure that you don’t have any car or engine files from open or closed beta in your Automation folders.

There will be one pre-race test for this single race (on Wednesday, March 23) and a quick strategy adjustment phase after the training. Because of the expected surprises in the practise session I will open up the challenge for 2 cars per player. Use that possibility to directly compare your cars. If the two cars of each player will be entered into the race, too, still must be determined. This will depend on the total number of cars. Please enter your 2nd car with the player name and a “2” behind it (in BRCTool), i.e. Der Bayer2.
If anything remains unclear please feel free to ask in this thread. Please add comments on how you think the new rules without power/weight limit play. Have fun, I’m looking forward to your PMs! :slight_smile:

Info chart for reference (please calculate for yourself to get exact values):

[color=yellow]Current Entries: 96[/color]

[color=yellow]Pre-Testing Results[/color]

[color=yellow]TOP TRUMP CARDS[/color]

GoogleDrive

[color=yellow]Aesthetics Contest[/color]

The design poll is now open for your votes. Rate each car from 0-5. The results will be shown at the beginning of the race stream someday. Design Poll

[color=yellow]Practise Results[/color]

#[color=yellow]Qualifying Results[/color]

PreTest_Hockenheim.csv (2.73 KB)

#[color=yellow]Race Stream[/color]

[color=yellow]Race Results[/color]

RaceResults.zip (70.0 KB)

[color=yellow]Design Poll[/color]

Interesting…

I really want to participate in this! I did horrible in BRC so hopefully I can do good in this then. :slight_smile:

[size=10]Now I am waiting for a Nurburgring 1000km race[/size]

^^^^^exactly that.

Also, endurance racing.

Also, Group 5-esque rules.

Also, MOAR BRC! :smiley:

Please specify which Hockenheim. The old school one, with huge straights, right?

I will throw together a quick calculator for tomorrow.

Yes, oldschool one. It will be uploaded in a few minutes to the Test Track Sharing forum.

I am confused by the formula.

So its kg >= (cc*x) * .4 * 40?

so lets say I want a 2 liter NA engine (2,000 cc) its.

(2,000 * 1) * .4 * 40?

2000 * .4 * 40

80 * 40

I need a car that weighs 3200 kg?

No : (2000 * 1) ^ 0.4 = 20.91

20.91 * 40 = around 836kg for a 2L engine

I will definitely enter this. Made a little excel calculator thing to help working out the weight limit.

It can be downloaded here.
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=630 … 3249293469

Very helpful. Thanks!

Ä° am making a car

[quote=“Absurdist”]I will definitely enter this. Made a little excel calculator thing to help working out the weight limit.

[attachment=0]p1.jpg[/attachment]

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=119 … 3490012690[/quote]

I should point out that the example image is wrong, as the that is the minimum weight if NA was chosen, and the gray boxes are actually correct, maybe you could just label them for what they are.

EDIT: Here is a spreadsheet I made with a guideline and a space in which you can input either desired weight or engine capacity. dropbox.com/s/2lpv49kymwrkbba/Pasta1%20%28Salvo%20automaticamente%29.xlsx?dl=0

Tough choice here. 148 lap endurance race. Do you go fast and finish quick… or go for slow and reliable but take a lot longer?

So ready for this, just opened up so much more room for improvement with the car I have been messing with for the next BRC… Must… win… style points…

[quote=“Absurdist”]I will definitely enter this. Made a little excel calculator thing to help working out the weight limit.

[attachment=0]p1.jpg[/attachment]

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=119 … 3490012690[/quote]

Is the calculator backwards? Shouldn’t picking “Y” for turbo make you need a higher minimum weight, it currently shows you the lower of the 2 weights if you say yes to turbo…

I can’t select a trim with the BRCTool. I downloaded the version you linked in your post, extracted it to C:<username>\Documents\my games\Automation\BRCTool, and ran it as Administrator. But when I try to select a trim, the window just shows the path where the BRCTool is, with nothing else displayed. I’ve checked that the lua files for my car are where they should be, and they are. Any idea what the problem is? I’m running Windows 10, if that helps.

[quote=“TheBobWiley”]
Is the calculator backwards?[/quote]

Yes! Yes it was. Sorry! :blush:

I’ve fixed it and re uploaded. Just had to swap the 1 and the 1.4 around.

haha Absurdist, for a minute there I thought I was gonna be able to lose weight from my car still :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll put in a car later on, to make up some numbers. It’ll be based on what displacement/weight is less popular. Personally I hope it’ll be huge engines and huge cars, because POWAAAAAAAA