British Rivals: Comeback [END]

Tridnet Enigma MKV Race edition.

Proving once and for all that the stylists have no imagination nor sense of fun, excitement or showmanship…
its got new engineering tho… so yay?

3 Likes

Sorry for the subpar livery…

1994 Armor Valencia Touring Car

5 Likes

DOHC Question. I have a B6 and the difference in engineering times between a 4 valve OHC and DOHC is the difference between running injection and carburettors. I can’t find a way to make up the 90 HP. Can we use a 4 valve OHC instead of the DOHC? I am assuming that since I (probably more) already submitted a race version early before this rule change that we get a do over?

It’s fine if you want to use OHC rather than DOHC. And of course you can send in another revision if you submitted before the rule change.

1 Like

Dave: This is the road car that is built because of a race car based on a wagon that was built from a sports car?
Stan: Yes. That yellow thing was a concept, but I know there is a SuperGT version coming soon.
Dave:We built an awfully big car for this type of racing…
Stan: The engineers were hoping for a larger engine displacement than what the league specified.
Dave: So how has that worked itself out?
Stan: Who knows, one thing is for sure - this Holiday SS version does eat up the pavement.
Dave: Someone said it is faster than the BRC racer…
Stan: It is, if you are on the open highway, but the BRC car is still the race car.
Dave: So why is the racer called the BRC LP1?
Stan: Design flipped a coin. It means “Lead Position” or “Last Place” depending on the competition…

4 Likes

11 Likes

Part II - The Moneymaker - Results

Here are the results of Part II - again a quite impressive winner!

Please let me know if you want to volunteer to take the leading team out of the race at the first corner :wink:

8 Likes

Not too shabby in these standings for part 2…

How do you get -1 point?

1 Like

By missing the deadline and being eliminated from the challenge.

3 Likes

I’m actually impressed that someone actually voted for my car… Still, better than -1

1 Like

I lost last place by a technicality? Boo.

2 Likes

Baltazar Andromeda BRC

Here’s a racing car to continue the stream of mediocrity thus far.

Hoping for a few solid point finishes and no reliability issues this season, and not much more.

Not a fast racing car, not a great road car, not a pretty car. At least it’s got Jack Rabbit sponsorship.

5 Likes

Turból Dealer Team UK #48 Turból j400

11 Likes

Part III status and deadline update

The deadline was planned to be tomorrow, in 22 hours but so far I have only received 13 of 27 entries. I estimate that many people won’t be able to submit in time. I don’t want to postpone the deadline too far, so I will just see how many cars I get until the deadline and most likely give a short deadline extension (2-3 days).

I’ll compile a list of the already received cars later and will ping everybody who has not yet sent the race car.

3 Likes

3 days would be great.

I’m lazy…

11 Likes

Part III entry status & deadline update

As promised, here’s the update on the received cars:

I have received:

I have not yet received:

Please let me know if you have already submitted and I missed your car.

Because I doubt that I will receive most of the missing cars within the next 12 hours, the deadline will be postponed by three days. It will not be postponed after that.

NEW DEADLINE: August 13, 6:00 a.m. CEST

8 Likes

Dave: So what was the point of putting all of the models out here on the lawn?
Stan: The people who worked on all of these are proud of what they created, and are having an open house.
Dave: Boy, who ever called it, called it. So far I heard the only reason we are not in a solid last place was because someone else gave up.
Stan: We are just going to have to see how these races turn out.
Dave: What is the other race car? The coupe with the big wing.
Stan: That is a GT prototype. The crew got together and designed another class for this race.
Dave: Why did they do that?
Stan: Who knows, they probably don’t have anything better to do…
Dave: Did they make any specifications for these cars?
Stan: Yes they did…
GT Prototype Class
Engine: Same variant as BRC Build, open class displacement.
Max ET 125
Catalytic Converter required
Loudness under 80
Car: Coupe version preferred, but not necessary. Body flaring acceptable.
Minimum Safety 50
2 Sport Seats
Comfort has to be a positive value (.1 is minimum acceptable) car on display is 1.3
Max ET 125
Anything not covered by the rules is fair game.
Same race format as the BRC.

1 Like

Dodos HQ, somewhere in 1994

[Lary] ~ So chief, are we accepting the deal from Daimond?
[Mark aka. chief] ~ Daim… Dai-who?
[Lary] ~ That sketchy gambling thing.
[Mark] ~ Ah, yes. They want us to race with that black-cyan livery, right?
[Lary] ~ Exactly.
[Mark] ~ Why can’t we be like everyone else and make our own livery instead?
[Lary] ~ You have a better design?
[Mark] ~ Not at the moment.
[Lary] ~ Yeah… We’re racing soon…
[Mark] ~ Alright, Dai-thing it is.

6 Likes