Broken market calculations

I have noticed numbers in the markets section seem suspicious for cars I have made in the past. As such, I made a completely new car and made it a complete shitbox, only to find its extremely desired in the premium market. Even GT market wants it. Here are the screenshots.

I notice that affordability and fuel availability exceeded 100% by a lot, which doesn’t make sense to me. Perhaps something is wrong with adding numbers. Also, I’m pretty sure in 82 minimum safety is higher than 0.

Those values are completely ridiculous, I wonder how that happened. 127% score weighting on drivability is very wrong haha. Could you send us your zipped savegame for this? Or are you in sandbox?

I am in sandbox. It happened both in cars I have made before the update, as well as completely new cars.

Could you send us your .car file?

Here. This is the one I just made to test this.
Model 2 - Trim 3.car (13.7 KB)

Well, here it comes up like this:

which is entirely reasonable.

Have you verified your game install?

I have verified game install yesterday, now I did it again, steam claims all was fine. Also, how many countries did you select in market view? Observe:

Note the calculations break, as well as markup not doing anything and minimum safety being 0.

Ahh, should be an easy fix!

The markup does do what it’s supposed to do but it doesn’t update the price util you go to anolther tab and come back to it.

This is now fixed in the openbeta branch.

2 Likes