Bronx Motor Company - B38J

I’ve been updating the stats on my previous posts to coincide with the latest updates regarding markets and vehicle cost.

I’ve made revisions to a lot of my 70’s models and have a broad lineup of 80’s cars coming soon… here’s a teaser of what’s to come!

3 Likes

Chapter 2.5: Born to Race, or '72-'78

• 1972: Taipan GTS models are being adopted by many private race teams in FIA Group 2 events; Bronx Engineering Auto-Sport Tecnica (B.E.A.S.T.) is established as a subsidiary of Bronx Engineering Motor Company for the purpose of researching and developing technological advancements through motorsport applications. They begin developing a pure sports car.

• 1973: The B.E.M.W. Mamba GT S24i is created for FIA Group 3 homologation. 1,000 units are produced each year, it is ineligible for participation in the World Sportscar Championship due to releasing late in the year and not selling enough units. Bronx Engineering enters a factory-backed team with 2 Taipan GTS’s in Group 2.

• 1974: The factory-backed private team enters two Taipan GTS’s for Group 2 and the BEAST Race Team enters two Mamba GT’s for Group 3 in the FIA World Sportscar Championship. The Group 2 effort ends the season 3rd in points for a second year; technical troubles plagued the Group 3 cars with retirements all season.

• 1975: A repeat of the previous year, although this time around the Mamba race cars managed to finish every race.

• 1976: The Mamba GT’s are pulled out of Group 3 and replaced with the Taipan GTS S18ti’s for the next two seasons. The factory BEAST Race team managed podium finishes in the 24H of Daytona and 1000KM of Zeltweg that year.

• 1977: The BEAST Race Team finished best in-class at the 6 Hours of Watkins Glen in a Taipan GTS S18ti. The car was retired as the team prepared to tackle Group 4 the following year in a brand new monster.

• 1978: Bronx Engineering released two very different vehicles for FIA Group 3 and 4 homologation. The Taipan GTR (2,000 units) would see duty in Group 3, and the Mamba GTO (500 units) was the designated weapon for Group 4. The GTR would see great success in its first year, trading blows with Porsche and BMW for WSC dominance the next two years.

• 1979: The Mamba GTO wasn’t very successful on the track but the project served as an expensive lesson in development for the Bronx Motor Company. The Taipan GTR went on to have a successful racing season.

Mamba GT S24i: The car featured a 2.4L Queens engine developed especially by B.E. Auto-Sport Tecnica for high performance. Despite being a 4-cylinder, it still made 180hp and made a gnarly sound.

RECEPTION: The car was rather handsome and not as outrageous as other mid-engine vehicles of the time. It was very lightweight and surprisingly comfortable for daily use. 7,000 units made.

Market Details:
$47,000

(Gasmea)

• Sport: 165/80%
  • Convertible Sport: 110/89%
  • Sport Budget: 107/44%
  • Muscle 103/71%
  • Muscle Premium: 89/96%
  • Super: 84/99%

B.E.M.W. - 412 - Mamba GT S24i (1973).car (27.7 KB)

Mamba GTO S24ti: Sporting the Q25C, this 350hp rocket hoped to conquer hearts and tracks, but…

RECEPTION: The GTO didn’t live up to its expectations. It was unstable at high speeds and prone to other handling ailments. Despite these flaws and it failing to perform well on the FIA circuit, the car was still loved by the few who owned them as they were very fun vehicles on the street… albeit dangerous. 500 units.

Market Details:
$52,800

(Gasmea)

• Sport: 160/60%
  • Super: 131/98%
  • Hyper: 106/96%
  • Muscle Premium: 100/91%
  • Muscle: 97/50%
  • Convertible Sport: 95/72%
  • GT: 95/93%
  • Convertible Super: 90/93%
  • Sport Budget: 82/28%

B.E.M.W. - 412 - Mamba GTO S24ti (1978).car (26.6 KB)

Hello there, again!

Just a heads up to those who follow this thread. I have updated all vehicle’s market details for the current version of the game as well as reorganized the OP information. In addition, I have reordered some of the entries to be in clearer chronological order.

This is a good time to announce how I will be moving forward with this Car Company thread:

• My following car post will be the Carroserie D’Avant Fantome Mk.II. First the base model, then a Luxury and Group 3 trim (1975 and 1978’s). I’m really excited to share the Fantome Mk.II and its trims with you guys, as I’ve been really into it for some time and there are a lot of versions! But…
  • The next reveal will be another very special project, the Silverstone DS6 for 1979, and that will close out the 70’s and Chapter 2 in the B.E. story.
  • Beginning in Chapter 3, all entries will be in annual chronological order and the posts will feature engines and vehicles released in the titular year (various models per post as opposed to multiple trims/model years of one model per post).

Looking forward to seeing all of the new stuff, Snake!

1 Like

Thanks!

Sooner than you think lol - I’ve been busy with life lately but have still been doing Automation on my spare time.

Have just finished the lore stuff for the Fantôme Mk.II, just taking some sweet pics this week to share. And the DS6 car is done, just doing the accompanying text entry. I’m really happy with how both those cars and their trims came out.

They’re incredibly fun to drive on BeamNG, and a lot of fine-tuning of the suspension went on to ensure that. Beefy V8 and V12 variants, and a 9k RPM Turbo Inline-6 that’s sure to give you eargasms!

1 Like

Chapter 2.6.1: A Timeless Opera Pt. I

• 1965: D’Avant introduced the facelifted Fantome GT on an aging platform. Talks begin between D’Avant and B.E. regarding the future of their relationship.

• 1970:
    – New FIA Appendix J regulations announced.
    – B.E. debuts the 4-cyl Taipan ready for Group 2 homologation.

• 1973:
    – B.E. and D’Avant announce publicly their co-development of the Fantome Mk. II.
    – B.E. Debuts the mid-engine Mamba sports car for Group 3 homologation.

• 1975: The Warudo first lays eyes on the D’AVant Fantome Mark II at the Geneva Motor Show. The model on display was the entry-level base trim featuring a 3.5L V8 rated at 200hp. More powerful and limited versions were promised for the future…

D'Avant Fantome Ml.II '75: The Fantome was to be the brand’s flagship car. It featured aggressive, yet refined styling that wasn’t restrained but didn’t shout unpleasantries at common folk with half the cylinders. The base model was more affordable than a 911 Carrera (adjusted for inflation) and made more power while being just as light.

RECEPTION: The entry-level trim sprinted to 62mph is just over 6 seconds and its fully independent suspension keeps it stable under hard cornering. The premium materials and build quality rivaled its German competition and its performance in some cases surpassed them.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Brooklyn - B35A
3504cc SOCH 32V, all-aluminum 90-degree V8 (6500RPM)
200hp @ 5900RPM / 208ft-lbs @ 3000RPM
8.1:1 Naturally Aspirated, 86 AKI
Mechanical Fuel Injection, per cylinder arrangement

Chassis:
Fantôme Mark II Type A platform (F2A)
Aluminum panels on steel monocoque
Double-Wishbone F & R
1142kg (54f/46r)
2 seats

Tires:
195/70R15; 215/65R15

Brakes:
F: 12" vented rotor + 2-piston caliper
R: 10" vented rotor + 1-piaton caliper

Features:
5-Speed Manual, or 4-Speed Automatic
Leather seats came standard, with available leather-wrapped or solid wood steering wheel and shift knob as $800 and $1,700 options, respectively.
Air Conditioning
Premium 8 Track
Rear Glass hatch opens for trunk access
16.2MPG

Market Details:
Starting at $50,000 (5MT)

• 4-Speed Automatic Transmission: $200
  • Leather-wrapped wheel/shifter: $800
  • Solid Wood wheel/shifter: $1,700
  • Leather Dash" $1,400

Sport: 177/76
Muscle: 135/66
Convertible Sport: 132/85
GT: 130/97
Muscle Premium: 119/94
Sport Budget: 116/42
Super: 100/98

D’Avant Fantome Mk.II - GT '75.car (32.9 KB)

4 Likes

Chapter 2.7.1: The Propinquity of Folk, Pt. I

– Silverstone Motors’ factory race team takes 1-st in-class at the 24h of LeMans.

• 1970: B.E. Debuts the 4-cyl Taipan

• 1971:
    – Silverstone pulls out of the World Sportscar Championship
    – Silverstone DS5 LM race car is retired.
    – Silverstone’s aging lineup is suffering in sales/

• 1972:
    – New FIA Appendix J regulations go into effect.
    – Silverstone releases the limited and final edition of the DS5.

Silverstone DS6 Signature Edition '72: This car represented an old giant’s final heave towards a famiiar, yet elusive status - that of premiership.

RECEPTION: Silverstone engineers put everything they new into tuning the B.E. powerplant for responsiveness and power, a tough feat with the latest environmental regulations putting a choke on manufacturers. The car was a superb handling machine with ample power for the lightweight body to hit 62mph in 6 seconds flat. Despite it being an older platform, it performed on-par with its contemporaries … a fitting end to a beloved sporting icon.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Bronx - Bx249M
2988cc SOHC 36V, iron-block/aluminim-head 60-degree V12 (8000RPM)
240hp @ 7300RPM, 184ft-lbs @ 6600RPM
9:1 Naturally Aspirated, 86 AKI
Mechanical Fuel Injection, per cylinder arrangement

Chassis:
Deluxe Sport Mark V (DS5)
Double-wishbone FRONT, Semi-Trailing Arms REAR
1089kg
4 seats

Tires:
195/65R16; 215/60R16

Brakes:
R: 10" vented rotor + 1-piston caliper

Features:
5-Speed Manual (only option).
Lightweight leather bucket seats with suede inserts.
Leather dash with walnut trim, and suede headliner.
Solid walnut steering wheel and shift knob.
500 individually numbered units with signed plaques.
9.4MPG

Market Details:
Starting at $85,400 (Signature Edition)

GT: 184/81
GT Premium: 123/94
Muscle Premium: 120/86

Silverstone DS5 - Signature Edition '72.car (38.0 KB)

6 Likes

Chapter 2.6.2: A Timeless Opera, Pt. II

• 1976:
    – D’Avant produces 1,500 Fantome GT’s in the first year, making it eligible for Group 3 homologation.
    – Fantomes make their way onto tracks in private hands, rumors swirl regarding D’Avant’s return to factory-backed motorsports.
    – D’Avant brings the Fantome Racing Concept to the Paris Motor Show, they tease the car having over 300hp from a mystery power unit.

• 1977:
    – D’Avant confirms in a press release their intention to return to motor racing with a Group 4 Homologation GT car co-developed with B.E. Auto-Sport Tecnica (BEAST)
    – The Fantome GTO debuts at the Frankfurt Motor Show sporting a turbocharged 2.5L SOCH I-4

• 1978: The GTO goes on sale, it is a Group 4 Homologation special, 500 units per year. The car is produced from 1978 to 1981. 2,000 units total.

D'Avant Fantome Mk.II GTO '78: The GTO was an exceptional track-ready machine aimed at Porsche and Ferrari in the World Sportscar Championship.

RECEPTION: It was more powerful than a Ferrari 308 and Porsche 930 Turbo, very light and nimble, and incredibly poised on the edge of control.Did I mention handsome as f**k?

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Queens - Q25C
2500cc SOHC 16V, all-aluminum Inline-4 (7200RPM)
352hp @ 7200RPM, 263ft-lbs @ 6800RPM
8:1 (12.6psi) Turbocharged, 86 AKI
Single Point Electronic Fuel Injection, single arrangement

Chassis:
D’Avant F2A platform
Double-Wishbone F & R
1075kg (53f/47r)
2 seats

Tires:
195/65R16; 225/55R16

Brakes:
R: 10" vented rotor + 1-piston caliper

Features:
5-Speed Manual (only option)
Leather-covered kevlar-composite lightweight bucket seats
Magnesium 2-piece wheels
Fully adjustable suspension
Racing-grade transmission
Phonograph entertainment system
10MPG

Market Details:
Starting at $89,500
(Gasmea + Fruinia)

Super: 124/97
Muscle Premium: 120/89
Track Premium: 119/75
Sport: 118/48
Light Sport Premium: 110/63
Hyper: 102/96
Muscle: 102/45

D’Avant Fantome Mk.II - GTO '78.car (32.2 KB)

4 Likes

Chapter 2.7.2: The Propinquity of Folk, Pt. II

• 1973:
    – D’Avant and B.E announce partnership to develop the next-gen Fantome.
    – Silverstone halts development on DS6 due to financial issues, focuses on improving ergonomics and handling of DS5.
    – With an aging lineup and dwindling sales, SSM sees itself in trouble.
    – Bronx Engineering discontinues its Bx V12 line of engines.

• 1974:
    – SSM’s financial woes are made public as the company is nearing insolvency. Sales are weak despite DS5 GT and Volante models’ improvements being lauded by motoring journalists
    – Jormungand Bronck meets with the CEO of Silverstone Motors to discuss the aquisition of the company in an effort to save the prestigious brand which gave him his start in the auto industry.

• 1975:
    – Bronx Motor Company is established, headquartered in The Bronx, NY, U.S.A.
    – BMC’s buyout of SSM is approved and finalized this year.
    – SSM is renamed to Silverstone Cars (SSC), owned and operated by BMC. After the acquisition, SSC retained it’s headquarters in Marlborough, England.

• 1976: After 11 years in production, the DS5 is discontinued

• 1977:
    – SSC ends the 15-year production run of their Luxury sedan, the Brunor.
    – The Bronx Motor Company details their plans for SSC in a press release:

• "...The Deluxe Sport successor will remain the company's flagship automobile and will be developed on its own bespoke platform ... will be powered by an all-new Bronx V12."
    • "... sharing platforms from the Bronx Motors family of vehicles will reduce development costs ... Silverstone Cars will have creative freedom with minimal oversight ... focus will be luxury, prestige, and VALUE."
    • "... lineup consisting of high volume sport sedan, return of Brunor possible if market conditions permit, and the flagship Deluxe Sport GT..."
  • 1978: Silverstone debuts the Deluxe Sport Mk. VI at the New York International Auto Show. The luxurious 4-seat Grand Tourer had a 320hp 4.2L V12 up front. Comparisons were made to the Ferrari 400i.

• 1979: Silverstone Cars begins delivery of the all-new DS6.

Silverstone DS6 420GT '79: This car took Silverstone out of the dark ages and into the future utilizing a sophisticated milti-port electronic fuel injection system. All the while, it retained its classical appearance and charm.

RECEPTION: The factory in Marlborough churned out 50 420GT’s every month for thirteen years to be shipped to all corners of the world. The car was comfortable, fast, and reliable. Being considerably front-heavy, it wasn’t a track machine in GT guise; at 1400kg, it was heavier than most of the competition but also safer and more predictable on the road.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Manhattan - M42A
4200cc SOHC 48V, all-aluminum 60-degree V12 (6900RPM)
320hp @ 6800RPM, 288ft-lbs @ 4500RPM
10.1:1 Naturally Aspirated, 90 AKI
Milti-Point EFI, twin-standard intake

Chassis
SSC DS6
Double-Wishbone F & R
1398kg (60f/40r)
4 seats

Tires:
215/55R17; 235/50R17

Brakes:
F: 14" vented rotors + 2-piston caliper
R: 12" vented rotors + 1-piston caliper

Features:
5-Speed Manual (standard), 4-Speed Automatic ($900)
High-end soft-touch leather seats.
Leather dash, door panels, steering wheel, and shift knob.
Leather or Suede headliner ($1,900)
Luxury 8 Track entertainment system.
Air Conditioning
Hydropneumatic suspension
Hydraulic Power-Steering
7,800 units made
12.2MPG

Market Details:
Starting at $78,200 (5MT)
(Gasmea + Fruinia)

• 4-Speed Automatic Transmission: $900
  • Suede headliner: $1,900

GT: 213/84
GT Premium: 175/93
Muscle Premium: 138/84
Utility Sport Luxury: 121/79
Luxury: 102/84
Convertible Luxury: 96/87
Convertible Premium: 95/59
Sport: 89/32
Family Sport Premium: 84/49

Silverstone DS6 - 420GT '79.car (42.6 KB)

Chapter 2.6.3: A Timeless Opera, Pt. III

• 1978: The Fantome GTO is put in the hands of numerous private racing teams throughout Europe - the entries go on to land podium finishes in numerous endurance events.

• 1979:
    – D’Avant celebrates its heritage of craftsmanship and tenacious spirit with a special trim level for all vehicles in its lineup.
    – The Fantome Coupe and Roadster D’Luxe appear in showrooms across Europe and America.

D'Avant Fantome Mk.II Coupe D'Luxe '79: Customers wanting the ultimate in luxury sporting could opt for the D’Luxe package which included a larger 4.1L V8, supple power-adjustable seats, phonograph entertainment, and hydropneupatic suspension.

RECEPTION: The Coupe D’Luxe was praised for its superb handling and power unit. The chassis exhibited high limits under strenuous exercise and suppleness around town.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Brooklyn - B41A
4065cc SOHC 32V, all-aluminum 90-degreen V8 (6800RPM)
256hp @ 6200RPM, 246ft-lbs @ 3700RPM
Single-Point EFI, single-performance intake
Forged steel pistons & con-rods

Chassis:
D’Avant F2A-SW (Split-Window coupe)
Double-Wishbone F & R
1220kg (56f/44r)
2 seats

Tires:
215/60R16; 235/55R16

Brakes:
F: 12" vented rotors + 2-piston caliper
R: 10" vented rotors + 1-piston caliper

Features:
5-Speed Manual (standard), 4-Speed Automatic
Power-adjustable supple leather seats
Leather-wrapped wheel and shift knob
Leather dashboard with solid wood inserts
Solid wood instrument cluster with chrome gauges
Velvet headliner
Split rear windows open to reveal luggage compartments
1,000 units made

Market Details:
Starting at $59,400

• 4-Speed Automatic Transmission ($1,200)

Sport: 153/63
GT: 144/94
GT Premium: 131/95
Muscle Premium: 128/93
Muscle: 115/58
Super: 109/98
Light Sport Premium: 107/75
Convertible Sport: 99/75
Sport Budget: 94/30
Ulility Premium: 88/79

D’Avant Fantome Mk.II - Coupe D’Luxe '79.car (32.1 KB)

D'Avant Fantome Mk.II Roadster D'Luxe '79: The Roadster D’Luxe was the Fantome everyone wanted.

RECEPTION: The Roadster D’Luxe benefited from a genius advertising campaign that featured the car as the antagonist’s choice vehicle in a 1979 Hollywood spy film. Demand for the car was higher than anticipated, this waiting lists were implemented.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Brooklyn - B41A
4065cc SOHC 32V, all-aluminum 90-degreen V8 (6800RPM)
256hp @ 6200RPM, 246ft-lbs @ 3700RPM
Single-Point EFI, single-performance intake
Forged steel pistons & con-rods

Chassis:
D’Avant F2A-SW (Split-Window coupe)
Double-Wishbone F & R
1436kg (53f/47r)
2 seats

Tires:
235/55R16; 255/50R16

Brakes:

Features
5-Speed Manual (standard), 4-Speed Automatic
Power-adjustable supple leather seats
Leather-wrapped wheel and shift knob
Leather dashboard with solid wood inserts
Solid wood instrument cluster with chrome gauges
Premium canvas convertible top with velvet headliner
2,500 units made

Market Details:
Starting at $62,000
(Gasmea + Fruinia)

• 4-Speed Automatic Transmission ($1,100)

Muscle Premium: 126/90
Convertible Sport: 122/63
Convertible Super: 120/96
GT: 105/91
Sport: 99/50
Muscle: 98/47
Convertible Luxury: 88/92
Super: 82/98

D’Avant Fantome Mk.II - Roadster D’Luxe '79.car (31.6 KB)

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thank you guys for the likes on my latest entries, a lot of hard work and time went into making those vehicles as fun-to-dive and distinct as they are.

I was going to dive right into the 80’s, but being as the game received a Lancia Stratos body in a recent update, I couldn’t help but to get messing with it.

Before I do move onto the next part in the BMC story, I will share with you guys an amazing and fun little car based on the Stratos body that’s sure to please - I’ll be posting that soon.

I figured now is a good a time as any to post a progress update on the thread.

After three recent updates to the game, a number of my cars were stricken with the unfinished calculation bug that was since addressed. On top of that, a number of past models were also affected by the updates.

I’ve had to go rework some of those past vehicles and have il been working on new ones for this thread. I hope to have time to share some soon with you all.

Chapter 3.1: 1980, The Boomslang.

• 1973: Bronx Engineering establishes a new division to focus on Research & Development through motorsport. Bronx Special Technologies, or BST.

• 1975: Bronx Engineering Motor Works, LLC acquires Silver Stone Motors and renames it Silverstone Cars (SSC) under new parent company Bronx Motor Co.

• 1977: The Special Technologies branch of BMC gets involved in GT racing with a factory-backed team, BST.

• 1978: Bronx Special Technologies unveils the Q25J (previously Q25C) engine for FIA Group 3 and 4 specification. D’Avant features one in the homologated Fantome GTO, and it also sees duty in the Taipan (310) GTR, and Mamba (412) GTO. This year, production of the Mamba was terminated.

*Fans of the marque nicknamed the Q25J the ‘BST-1’ as it was the first specialized engine touched by the wizards at Bronx Special Technologies

• 1979: Silverstone Cars releases its first new model in 14 years, now under Bronc Motor Co. ownership. The DeLuxe Sport 6 420GT featured a 4.2L, 330hp V12 from BMC.

• 1980: The car that would cement BMC as a serious contender in the luxury market was unveiled. It was as drivable as a Taipan, and comfortable as a Krait. Practical and affordable was the Boomslang. Some even called it boring, so BMC got to working on that too!

BMC Boomslang 200 '80: BMC’s first car in 5 years, and their fourth model ever (currently third in production) began to instantly draw domestic eyes away from European marques . The Boomslang was a no-brainer for many middle-class Americans who wanted a fun car with premium build quality without the heft and added cost of feeding a big V8.

Reception: While generally positive, enough feedback on the car’s lack of power prompted the company to make ammends.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Queens - Q20A/2
2000cc SOCH 16V, all-aluminum Inline-4 (6700RPM)
132hp @ 6600PRM, 119ft-lbs @ 4800RPM
9.0:1 Naturally Aspirated, 86 AKI
Cast steel block internals

Chassis:
Type 214
Corr. Res. Steel panels on Corr. Res. Steel monocoque
Front McPherson Struts
Rear Semi-Trailing Arms
1184KG (55f/45r)
5 seats (2 front, 3 rear)

Tires:
205/60R15

Brakes:
F: 10" vented rotors + 2-piston caliper
R: 8" vented rotors + 1-piston caliper

Gearbox:
Adv. A/T (Standard)
4-Speed M/T (Optional)

Features:
Adv. A/T (Standard), 4-Speed M/T (Optional, $700 discount)
Power-adjustable seats
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Faux-wood inserts on dashboard

Market Details:
Starting at $21,500 (4-Speed Adv. A/T)

• 4-Speed manual starting at $20,800

Family Sport Premium: 138/92
Fun Premium: 120/84
GT: 109/99
Convertible Sport Budget: 105/54
Sport Budget: 100/58
Family Premium: 100/90
Family Sport:95/70
Family Utility Premium: 91/87

BMC_Boomslang_-200(214)__80.car (35.7 KB)

BMC Boomslang 240 '81: Just the following year, BMC put a bigger engine with forged pistons and con-rods making 30 more horsepower than the base car.

Reception: This was better, but was still missing a little something to make it memorable.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Queens - Q25F/2HF
2500cc SOCH 16V, all-aluminum Inline-4 (6500RPM)
165hp @ 6300PRM, 153ft-lbs @ 4000RPM
Forged steel block internals

Chassis:
Type 214
Front McPherson Struts
Rear Semi-Trailing Arms
1192KG (55f/45r)
5 seats (2 front, 3 rear)

Tires:
205/60R15

Brakes:
F: 10" vented rotors + 2-piston caliper
R: 8" vented rotors + 1-piston caliper

Gearbox:
Adv. A/T (Standard)
4-Speed M/T (Optional)

Features:
Adv. A/T (Standard), 4-Speed M/T (Optional, $700 discount)
Power-adjustable seats
Leather-wrapped steering wheel

Market Details:
Starting at $22,000 (4-Speed Adv. A/T)

• 4-Speed manual starting at $21,200

Fun Premium: 125/84
Family Sport:95/70
Family Sport Premium: 95/70
Family Utility Premium: 90/87
Sport Budget: 90/58
Family Premium: 82/91

BMC_Boomslang_-240(214)__81.car (35.4 KB)

BMC Boomslang 240 S '82: After garnering feedback and track-testing, BMC finally had a sporty trim for their newest model which delivered on thrills… but the best was yet to come.

Reception: The increase in responsiveness and high-speed stability made the S variant highly desired among enthusiasts.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Queens - Q25F/2HF
2500cc SOCH 16V, all-aluminum Inline-4 (6500RPM)
165hp @ 6300PRM, 153ft-lbs @ 4000RPM
Forged steel block internals

Chassis:
Type 214
Front McPherson Struts
Rear Semi-Trailing Arms
1195KG (55f/45r)
4 seats (2 front, 2 rear)

Tires:
F:205/55R16; R: 225/50R16

Brakes:
F: 11" vented rotors + 2-piston caliper
R: 9" vented rotors + 1-piston caliper

Features:
5-Speed M/T (only option)
Power-adjustable sport bucket leather seats
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob

Market Details:
Starting at $25,000 (5-Speed M/T)

Fun Premium: 107/72
Sport Budget: 85/47
Sport: 83/83
Family Premium: 82/91

BMC_Boomslang_-240_S(214)__82.car (37.1 KB)

1 Like

Just a preview of my next post. It will be a significant one.
Chapter 3.2: 1982, The B38.

3 Likes

Chapter 3.2.1: 1982, The B38J, Pt 1 - BMC Mamba

• 1975: The B50C becomes the most powerful production engine from BMC. Only 25 units sold in cars. The 5-Liter V8 made 400 naturally aspirated horsepower.
    • The 200hp B35A1 V8 engine is dropped into the all-new Krait.
  • 1978: BMC’s racing and development arm, BST, unveils the compay’s first dedicated racing engine. The Q25J was a turbocharged 2.5L Inline-4 producing a whopping 350hp!
    • This year, BMC also introduced the B41A1 - a 4.1L V8 variant of the original B50C for larger scale production. It produced around 242hp.
  • 1979: The BST engineers begin to develop the successor to the company’s original factory-backed sports car, The Mamba. BMC was also set to debut their new compact executive car, which would become another platform for new FIA regulations- The Boomslang.
  • 1980: BMC Boomslang 200 debuts (see previous post above)
  • 1981: BMC Boomslang 240 debuts “” “”
  • 1982: BMC Boomslang 240 S debuts “” “”
  • …also 1982: The first of a number of vehicles to sport the B38J is first shown to the world at the NYIAS in the Spring.

BMC Mamba GTS '82: The return of a forgotten nameplate that faded into obscutiry after a 5-year absence was received with jaws ajar amidst reluctant applause. The family resemblance was there visually, but this Mamba was far more aggressive, with a V8 amidship, dual exhausts, and a snarling personality.

RECEPTION: The car proved to be incredibly fast, but not too fast that the chassis couldn’t keep up - you would have to be driving foolishly. On that note, the GTS trim is a no-nonsense track-ready Super Sports Car - no foolishness allowed. It goes toe-to-toe with the best of the day from European marques. Just look at the numbers!

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Brooklyn - B38J1
3777cc SOHC 32V, all-aluminum V8 (7500RPM)
385hp @ 7300RPM. 287ft-lbs @ 6600RPM
10.5:1 Naturally Aspirated, 90 AKI
Flat-plane crank, all forged internals.

Chassis:
Type 422
Alimunum panels on a Steel Space Frame
Double-Wishbone suspension F&R
1101KG (39f/61r)
2 seats

Tires:
F: 175/65R16
R: 265/45R16

Brakes:
F: 13" Rotors, 1-piston caliper
R: 12" Rotors, 1-piston caliper

Gearbox:
5-Speed M/T (Only option)

Features:
3.8L V8 with flat-plane crank, 5-speed M/T
Lightweight sport bucket seats.
Carbon-fiber trim.
Alcantara seats and headliner.

Market Details:
$69,900

Super:165/99
Sport:164/67
Light Sport Premium:159/83
Track Premium:146/88
Muscle: 128/94
Hyper: 118/97
Light Sport: 113/46
Convertible Sport: 113/79
GT: 111/96
Track: 106/54

BMC_Mamba_-GTS(422)__82.car (38.4 KB)

1 Like

Chapter 3.2.2: The B38J, Pt. 2 - DS6 V8S

• 1979: Under the Bronx Motors umbrella, Silver Stone Cars is reborn. Their first new vehicle in over a decade is the DS6 420GT. A comfortable and luxurious grand tourer sporting a Bronx Motors V12 engine.
  • 1980: Silverstone is seeing some success after their rebirth and begin developing a sportier trim for their DS6 platform.
    1982: With help from BST, Silver Stone Cars stuffs the B38J1 engine into the DS6 with raucous results.

Silverstone DS6 V8S: Despite being more powerful, it was also less expensive than the 420GT. Some wondered why Silverstone would make a car to compete directly with its flagship, to which they replied “…DS6 is a platform we will continue to improve upon and evolve as we evolve ourselves. The V8S isn’t marketed towards our core demographic of luxury and refinement, but a fun experiment geared towards those who want an understated, yet powerful and comfortable vehicle with little regard to the life of their tires.”

RECEPTION: The V8S was indeed a burnout queen. It was way more sophisticated than your average muscle car since it had independent suspension. The interior was trimmed with the finest English woods and leathers. The sport buckets weren’t as comfortable as those found on the 420GT, but the added lateral support was welcome. With a price tag creeping on $80K, it certainly was aimed at the affluent hooligan.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Brooklyn - B38J1

Chassis:
SSC DS6
Double-Wishbone F & R
1398kg (60f/40r)
4 seats

Tires:
205/55R17; 225/50R17

Brakes:

Gearbox:

Features:
3.8L V8 with flat-plane crank, 5-Speed M/T
Lightweight Sport bucket seats wrapped in fine English leather.
Walnut wood trim and shift knob.
Chrome-trim gauges
Leather headliner
Perforated Leather wheel with wood trim.

Market Details:
$77,500

Sport: 160/66
Super: 156/99
Light Sport Premium: 146/82
Muscle Premium: 133/93
Track: 119/87
GT: 120/96
GTP: 119/96
Hyper: 113/97
Convertible Sport: 113/78
Muscle: 112/56

Silverstone_DS6_-_V8S__82.car (40.4 KB)

Chapter 3.2.3: The B38J, Pt. 3 - Fantome Mk.II GTR

• 1975: Carrosserie D’Avant debuts the all-new second-generation Fantome sporting an all new V8 power unit from BMC. The vehicle is lauded by critics.
  • 1976: D’Avant produces enough Fantome’s for it to become eligible for FIA Group 3 racing.
  • 1977: D’Avant officially announces a return to motorsport.
  • 1978: The Fantome GTO graces the world with its prowess. 500 units per year make it eligible for Group 4 homologation
  • 1979: D’Avant Fantome Coupe and Roadster D’Luxe debut
  • 1980: After years of success in private and factory teams, the Fantome GTO is retired from racing. D’Avan’t begins developing chassis for upcoming FIA regulation changes, works with BST to develop their car with access to early B38J prototypes.
  • 1982: D’Avant debuts the Fantome GTR at the Geneva Motor Show

D'Avant Fantome GTR: Expectations were set high, although one thing was different from the GTO. This was certainly a purpose-built street-legal track car to be homologated for Group B racing, but it wasn’t going to be as limited in production as its predecessor. With the success of the Fantome Mk.II and their partnership with BMC, D’Avant wanted to get the GTR in as many hands as possible, they wanted a share of Porsche’s customers.

RECEPTION: This third V8-flavored variant of the Fantome was undoubtedly the most intense. While the GT is a fun yet reserved car, and the D’Luxe are beefy but plush, the GTR is raw and expressive. The power and torque climb with the revs all the way up to a 7500RPM redline. The chassis is responsive and predictable, and has high limits. The only reason to buy a 911 Turbo was the … um… price tag.

SPECIFICATION:

Engine:
Brooklyn - B38J1

Chassis:
D’Avant F2A platform
Double-Wishbone F & R
1101kg (57f/43r)
2 seats

Tires:
205/60R16; 225/55R16

Brakes:
F: 13" vented rotors + 2-piston caliper
R: 11" vented rotors + 1-piston caliper

Gearbox:

Features:
3.8L V8 with flat-plane crank, 5-Speed M/T
Lightweight leather-wrapped bucket seats
Alcantara headliner
Perforated Leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Perforated Leather-wrapped shift knob

Market Details:
$84,500

Super: 142/99
Light Sport Premium: 123/80
Sport: 119/61
Track Premium: 119/86
Muscle Premium: 114/92
Hyper: 106/97

D_Avant_Fantome_Mk_II_-_GTR__82.car (31.1 KB)

Hey there, eberyone!

So, it is with great sadness and optimism as well that I must inform those that frequent this thread of the the following:

I’m going to be closing up shop for this company and the thread. With the upcoming upgrading to a new engine and all current mods no longer being compatible, the fact that I used a good number of modified elements in my creations means that a lot of my upcoming posts will have to be cancelled indefinitely.

It isn’t all sad news, though! With this in mind, I’m going to be starting up a new thread for a new company filled with new lore in a new universe! Frankly, I really love and enjoy playing this game as well as sharing my creations with the community and seeing what you guys come up with all the time.

I don’t see myself deterred by a minor setback, and will continue to play Automation for as long as I can!

See you soon…

1 Like

Oh? I didn’t know we were switching game engines? Or did I miss something?

The upgrading mods to the latest UE takes about as much effort as firing up the UE SDK and simply recooking the mod, which doesn’t take long at all. All of this will be done by the modders. What are you worried about?

Also there’s at least a few months before we switch to the latest UE, FYI

1 Like