[BRS] BOY RACING SERIES CHAPTER 1: Lexus SC300 Tuning Challenge

Grape Racing Lexus SC300!
(that name was created ages ago, long story)

530HP and still under $40,000! Such a fun build imo. :grinning:

Oh and have a sexy exhaust/diffuser picture because why not!

SC300 GTZ, new for 2010. A natural evolution in tuning that your pocketbook will appreciate. Cheaper fully kitted out by $5k compared to the original car, this car is a revolution bringing tuning to the masses. So what do you get? Is there a catch? You get a legendary 2JZ engine, massaged using a turbo up to 560hp. The 5 speed slushbox is gone, replaced with a smooth-shifting, engaging 4 speed manual. But that isn’t all. Everything from the suspension to the interior has been carefully redone. The exterior gets a subtly, tastefully done custom bodykit (ricing is so last decade!), the interior is stripped for weight savings, and the steering has been replaced with a variable hydraulic rack. This car is more than just another pipe dream, it is a legend you can actually have a shot at owning. Come visit our website at sunsetgarage.brs to find out more, or visit our store in Newport Beach. Sunset Garage GTZ Line. Your dream, your budget.

10 hours until the deadline!

Aesthetics Voting Hosted Here!

Final results will be up by Saturday, the 20th.

1 Like

FINAL SCORING!

7th Place: Blothorn

Overall Score: 83.244

Despite having the best weight, quarter mile, track time AND overall score, this build sadly has a comfort score of 0.9, which disqualifies it. A massive shame- I quite like the way this build looks (though the front feels pretty far removed from the SC300) and clearly a lot of time was put into getting the stats as good as possible. Unfortunately, rules are rules. Instabinned to 7th place.

6th Place: FletchyBoy100

Overall Score: 31.308

Personally, I like the livery and body kit on this build a lot. The aesthetics vote slept on this car, in my personal opinion, but ultimately that was not what killed this car. This SC300 is the heaviest of the set, and has the lowest horsepower as well. Every other stat falls behind as a result of the weight and comparative lack of power. I appreciate the effort that went into transforming this car aesthetically, but it unfortunately does not make up for lackluster statistics.

5th place: beep beep

Overall Score: 60.010

There were… interesting choices made when doing the styling on this car, and it ultimately didn’t win any hearts in the aesthetics voting. Losing the ALL of the aesthetics score boost killed this build despite its fairly decent stats. Despite having the third fastest track time, and highest overall sportiness, this car was simply too memey to get votes, and it also costs $180,000- the highest cost of any car submitted. That being said, it did also have the most horsepower- 906.4.

4th Place: variationofvariables

Overall Score: 65.455

This car is drop dead gorgeous. In my personal opinion, this is the prettiest car that was submitted- the aesthetics vote mostly agreed, and this car got second place in aesthetics. Unfortunately this build falls short in its stats- despite costing $177,600, which is the second highest cost overall, it didn’t manage a sub two minute track time (unlike a few of its competitors) and the drivability and sportiness scores left something to be desired compared with the competition.

3rd Place: cakeape & AMuteCrypt

Overall Score: 71.900

This car looks fairly good, and had fairly decent stats, but had neither in a large enough share to overtake its competitors. It has the highest drivability of any of the cars submitted, but unfortunately drivability doesn’t net many points and its slightly above average stats across the board don’t quite push it into the top 2. That’s a damn nice pearlescent though :ok_hand:

2nd Place: HelloHi

Overall Score: 72.333

This car won the aesthetics vote! The body kit is sexy and sleek, but cleanly understated. The cost of this car was a huge selling point, somehow ending up lower than the original car’s $40,400 price tag at $40,240 (after penalties). This car also had the best final trim reliability. All in all, a well earned spot in the top 2, and a very nice build.

1st Place: Karhgath

Overall Score: 80.553

Despite its “crudely” built wooden body kit, this is one of my favorite cars from a design perspective. A massive amount of detail went into this build, with a fully rendered interior, lots of endearing personal touches, and just a shit ton of screws. The stats are very good in this build though- while they don’t excel in a specific category (in fact, it didn’t have the highest stats in any category) it does have the second highest quarter mile time, track time, horsepower, AND cost- making it a truly competent jack of all trades. The aesthetics vote really slept on this one, to be honest- but regardless, it still beat out the competition.

With that, I’m very happy to congratulate Karhgath for being the winner of the first chapter of the Boy Racing Series, and I look forward to seeing where we go from here!

5 Likes

Oops–must have dropped comfort a fraction in a last-minute tweak. My apologies for that. Thanks for running this, and congratulations to all of the great-looking (and legal) entries!

1 Like

I feel really bad for you, you will be the one to watch for the next round!

I plan on posting BRS2 tomorrow or max Monday.

3 Likes