[BRS2] BOY RACING SERIES 2: Dodge Neon SRT-4 Budget Tuning Challenge [FINAL RESULTS]

Aesthetics Poll Results

Poll is now closed. Here are the poll results drumroll.

Poll Results (don't look if you want to wait for the final results)

However, we’ll have to still wait a bit more until we get the final results and see how it impacted the ranking.

3 Likes

BRS 2 - FINAL SCORING

Important: Since the Neon SRT-4 is such a state-of-the-art tuning car, these reviews take themselves very, very seriously. You’ve been warned.

6th Place - @HighOctaneLove

BSB Dodge Neon SRT-4 Sleeper

20.00 points

2003 - Some dude’s driveway - EXT.

“Yo wassap dude!? What’s that Tsushima Blue car in ya driveway?”

“Sup! Twas my grandma’s weekend car, some kind of dodge Neon, who cares. I think she won it at a bingo night or sumtin.”

“Shut up! Color is rad tho, any good for a side show?”

“Nah, it’s only 360.7 HP and does a quarter mile in 13.74 seconds, a real slow poke.”

“Man, can you sell it for sumtin at least?”

“It’s pretty cheap, maybe I can get 37,200 bucks. It has no interior to speak of, pretty much every is stock Neon except the engine, which is not the worst one I’ve seen around at least.”

“Oh, nevermind then. Wanna go get wasted?”

“Sure, let’s roll!”

The BSB sleeper is well named - it will put you to sleep. Barely gathered any points except for being a cheapass ride. Ended up bottom 3 in all others and most of them dead last. Better options are available for a tricked out ride. At least it’s not a rice rocket.

5th Place - @AMuteCrypt

LSA “NFS Edition” Neon

53.58 points

2003 - Andy’s basement - INT.

From the kitchen, far away:

“ANDY! Time for dinner!”

“Ma! I’m in a middle of a race…”

“ANDY! Please come up and wash your hands.”

“Gimme 5 minutes, I’m nearly done.”

“ANDY!”

“Mom, stop!”

The LSA “NFS Edition” Neon for sure is an interesting machine, but people certainly were not impressed with the Aesthetics, but not the bottom 2 (by a hair). It does place far above the BSB Sleeper point-wise, but not enough to climb the ranking further. However, while it is pretty costly, it does pack a punch. Second highest HP, and a ton of performance parts: partial carbon panels, multilink in the rear, AWD, 6-speed sequential, LSD, billet crank and titanium rods. It does incredibly well on any performance stats, finishing second or third, but fails quickly on all others. Just not good enough for the price you pay - it’s simply ludicrous power with 540hp and enough carbon to destroy the ozone layer*. It is also the heaviest but surprisingly comfortable. It is interesting for sure, and while 3rd to 5th place are pretty close together, this is just not good enough to make the cut.

*: You know what happens when you play video games too much? Bad scientific references happen. VG are bad for you, you know. Just say no to video games and stay in school.

4th Place - @AndiD

KITT Dodge Neon SRT-4

57.78 points

2009 - Somewhere in from of a TV - INT.

“I haven’t cried like that since Titanic.”

click

“Whats all this?!..looks like Darth Vader’s bathroom!”

click

“you’re gonna love my nuts”

click

“Boy, you’re touchy! What’d you do, get up on the wrong side of the garage this morning?”

closes TV

So what does David Hasselhoff have to do with a Dodge Neon? Well nothing, you’re probably just crazy for making such a link. Oh, maybe the KITT name threw you up, kid? Yeah, shameful, I know. Let’s talk about the car tho, and not the name. Power is nothing to write home about, slightly higher than the BSB sleeper. It’s dirt cheap however. The cheapest. Like really cheap. So what is so special about it? Well, nothing. It’s average, and thus positions itself right in the middle of the pack. It’s also not super sexy, according to professional pollsters on the web. It’s not rocket science why its 4th. However, it is slightly unique. Some poor sod installed a pushrod suspensions on it, even if the brochure talks about multilink. Maybe KITT upgraded himself? In all seriousness, it does have the distinction of squeezing 367.3 HP out of the stock engine, quite impressive. So yeah, if you were thinking of buying a Neon, you have an extra 10K lying around, you are into 80s TV series, and you think a Neon is a race car, this could be dream offer. Hopefully, you’ll wakeup before you close the deal. It’s really the best of the rest.

3rd Place - @HelloHi

Dodge Neon GTZ by Sunset Garage

60.75 points

2012 - An empty parking lot, nowhere - EXT.

crickets

tumbleweeds

Now for the worst of the best! This Sunset Garage extravaganza is pretty good value. Let’s start by the bad. Its engine sucks. Well, it’s better than the stock one, for sure, but in terms of efforts to squeeze some extra HP out of it? Total failure. Sunset Garage should be ashamed (please let me keep my free GTZ…) It’s not super drivable, nor super sporty. It’s pretty light tho. The kit is tastful and it won critical acclaim from “random internet users”. It could have been the cheapest if some drunk engineer did not replace the 5-speed manual with a 4 speed one. He was heard saying “well I wanted worse fuel econ and worse wheelspin yo!”. That extra 5,000 for basically worse performance is, what do you call that, a bad investment? All of that also comes with some terminal oversteer. How can you refuse such an offer? Well, first, by saying no. There are better tricked out Neons around, but at the same time if you have very little money lying around, and some some reason dream of Neon sheeps, it’s a pretty good option to look at.

2nd Place - @cake_ape

Mons Customs - Dodge Neon SRT-4

73.81 points

2012 - Some dude’s driveway, 9 years later - EXT.

“Hey bro! What’s that Kagu pearlescent car in your driveway?”

“Hey bro. Pretty rad right? It’s mine. 517 horsepower of pure power.”

“It’s yours? Isn’t that the same car as the old Neon your grandmother had?”

“Bro! Come on! Of course it’s not the same thing, this thing was on my bucket list since forever!”

“Aren’t you a little bit old for …”

“Think bro, it has multilink suspension, pretty sick kit, and a 7-speed DCT… That’s not like that garbage my grandma had. At all.”

“Whatever. Wanna go get wasted?”

“Sure, let’s roll!”

This is a nice kit. It fell to 3rd place in the poll, but it was close. The color is vibrant, exhaust is classy, look is slick. Third best HP behind the BSB sleeper. Lightest of the bunch. It is near the top is most other categories, and has a track time slightly above 2 minutes. Still, none of these are enough to get to 1st place. It is also super costly, like the most.

Congrats, it’s the most expensive Neon on the market, what an epic fail. Mons Customs should take a hard look at themselves and figure out a way to squeeze a bit more out of everything next time. However, I will tell you a secret - this is pretty much the best car here. Seriously. You’d be a fool to buy the one in 1st position. This is the car you really want. if you by the car in 1st, a kitten will die.

1st Place WINNER - @Kyorg

Dodge Nyaa~ SRT-4

93.44 points

Seriously? Come on.

Like, really?

shrugs

Yeah. That is why you can never have nice things. How to mess up a neon? Well, do that.

727 horsies.
Best drivability.
Best sportiness.
Quarter mile in 10.39 seconds.
ATT track time breaking the 2:00 minute mark - 1:59.95.
Not even the priciest.

It’s a Neon for god’s sake. It should run deliveries for your grandma in 2012, not be a $73,500 track monster.

If you think turbos have lag and it sucks, please do not even start this engine. You’ll die of old age before it finishes spooling at 5,700 RPM. Seriously?

I can’t even. It did not even need an interior.

Damn. Total domination. Total annihilation.

Baka.

Congratulation to the winner!! I hope you enjoyed the competition. May the Boy Racing Series live a long and prosperous life!

7 Likes