CAFE challenge (Closed)

Hey, that sounds like the right kind of figures. Just stick with that :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose itā€™s too late to suggest a cost per engine and engine variant as well? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fuel type?

I second the notion for a cost per engine/engine variant.

1 Like

Its a good Idea, ill add it in a little bit

Added, it would be best to keep it to regular fuel since I didnā€™t add anything to compensate for fuel costs.

Sorry to make a low effort post, but just wanted to say that this challenge is pretty diabolical on several levels. :expressionless:

sure as hell is. Iā€™m still not even finished the first model because I want to see if my engine platform will support multiple model types :joy:

Iā€™ve been tinkering with it on and off and it is quite the challenge. Getting there thoughā€¦

So are all mod bodies allowed? I prefer to use vanilla bodies for challenges, feels a bit cheaty otherwise (i.e. tests your ability to find [or even make] good bodies rather than engineer good cars), but I guess I might have to download some.

Typically, the Barth bodies (edited versions of the vanilla ones that increase morphing and such) arenā€™t allowed into competitions while anything else is fair game. A lot of the mods end up as vanilla content, so they donā€™t necessarily have an extra advantage.

Yeah not barth bodies most of the carlovers should be in the vanilla content.

Edit: to be more clear yes mods are allowed, they can and have caused issues in the past I will reply with the vehicles stats and cooling to verify that everything came through.

2 Likes

Just to confirm, with this ruke here:[quote=ā€œZabhawkin, post:1, topic:19694ā€]
You can use the same model and trim for multiple categories.
[/quote]

So I can enter the same car into multiple categories. Can I also enter the same trim into multiple categories?

Exactly

Excellent

Finally I have settled on a line-up that reflects my company image, yet has a chance of not getting a fine!

Three models are competing with only one of them being a single-trim entrant!

1: Bogliq Slyde

First up is the Classic, tuned to appeal to young, eco-conscious familyā€¦

The Executive is next, harmonised to suit the commuter marketā€¦

Finally we have the D-One, a budget driftcar which is ready to race!

2: Bogliq Bullfrog

The classic is designed to appeal to the adventurous and to larger families who need seating for seven!

The Outlander is configured to be a hose-out, no-frills off-roader, good for all but the worst of terrainā€¦

3: Bogliq Ambassador Luxe

A hand built, no-expense-spared limousine which will make your neighbours green with envy!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

8 Likes

@Zabhawkin Have you had many other submissions? I am procrastinating the hell out of this. :grimacing:

Also, thoseā€™re some crazy headlights. :laughing:

Itā€™s not tthat crazy really, me Kunai has that style too. Iā€™m loving the look of those cars @HighOctaneLove

1 Like

Presenting the entrants from Erin into this competitionā€¦

Entering into the Family and Commuter category will be the Erin Merna Lex 1.2

Entering into the Luxury category will be the Erin Aventa Lex 5.0 Eco

I was going to go for a wide approach with separate cars for each category, and I did attempt to make something to enter into every category, but it ended up straying too far from company lore and getting too complicated. I feel Iā€™m playing it quite safe with these two entrants, but itā€™s sales weā€™re after here, and risk in business isnā€™t always a good thingā€¦

Good luck to everyone entering, Iā€™m really looking forward to the results of this!

4 Likes

as of an hour ago 2, which I havenā€™t had a chance to look over.

@DeusExMackia That was partly why I made sure it was in the rules that you didnā€™t have to enter all categories, some companies will want to play it safe, by playing their market (lore) and strengths.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got this week off school and work, so Iā€™ll have the time to put something together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well crap, I just found out that the way I was doing the cost for the engine families, and variants makes scoring a real pain.

Does anybody @DeusExMackia @HighOctaneLove in particular have any problem with me changing it to

Per engine family costs $5M
Per variant costs $1M

2 Likes