CAFE challenge (Closed)

That’s fine by me!

Nope, your change won’t materially affect my chances at winning plus I’m all in favour of the host not having to work too hard! :sunglasses:

Got about a week left

Only 2 days left

1 Like

I need to find the time to make a few cars for this. Or modify existing ones.

I want to enter some of DSD’s lineup but no cpu atm so looks like im out

Got 3 entries, starting the processing of the last one.

Thought you might have got more last minute entries. Turns out this challenge was a bit too complex for me to get over the effort barrier, even though I like the idea. Props to those that did enter!

2 Likes

Forgot to post my entry!

This is the lineup of Mocha Motors :smiley:

Family Commuter:

Sport:

Luxury:

Offroad Utility:

Yeah I didn’t really spend much time on the naming or visual design :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So final scores
DeusExMackia $6.31B
HighOctaneLove $16.58B
Phale even with $2.8B in fines $20.08B

8 Likes

So, @Zabhawkin, does that mean that I was the most profitable?

Nope, Phale beat you

D’oh! I misread his line… Congrats @phale on a well thought out entry list and market domination! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Awesome! Really enjoyed this challenge @Zabhawkin, thanks for hosting! There was an excellent sense of scale and plenty of difficult decisions between competitiveness, markup, and efficiency. Perhaps we could see this challenge again, in a different era? :smiley:

1 Like

If you do make a similar challenge, can I make an obnoxious request that you somehow incorporate engineering time and production units into the scoring, since the price and competitiveness estimate from the sandbox isn’t that accurate.

Ok so I might have put those markups at too low a level…:joy: Very well done to @phale and @HighOctaneLove though, seems like you’ve got the business side of this game down to a T!

One question, what exactly does “Cost” mean? For instance the Merna Lex 1.2 is 40000 ‘something’.

Aparently I screwed up typing in the price of your car, I will double check the scores when I get back from work.

No worries, hope it doesn’t mess the results up!

I checked every ones entries, the positions didn’t change.

Ah, welp :sweat_smile: This was still a really great challenge, shame more people didn’t participate. It’s good to see people trying to incorporate the economics side of the game into a competition.