Calavera Ltd -- 1989 Calavera Hydra

2016 Besta-fera (non canon)

This car was revelead in the 2016 Paris Motor show. It was used as my test-mule and then decided to publish it (after full stylization) and it’s not considered canon in the history of my company, although it represents the path the company will follow in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the link for a complete history and pretty pics

14 Likes

Looks absolutley stunning. Forgot to mention how much I loved your photoshops at the Paris Motor Show.

2 Likes

That is a stunning machine. I just wished it was actually part of your company’s canon.

1 Like

Calavera Tuning Center of Expertise

Now the Calavera Tuning Center of Expertise is open to bussiness! You can send any type of vehicle for tuning (that the game allows, that is) we do aesthetical mods, as well as fine tuning and engine rebuilding according to the base car and the package or stage you want.

###Stage I
Stage I includes (but it’s not limited to):

• Esthetical enhancements (some of them might not be functional)
  • Remapping, indution kits, better exhaust system.
  • Fine tuning of: brakes and suspension
  • Weight reduction stage I
  • Perfect for factory tuning cars

###Stage II
This stages includes (but it’s not limited to):

• All of the Stage I stuff
  • Engine rebuild (new cams & pistons)
  • Better airflow systems both intake & exhaust
  • New performance turbocharger kit I if compatible*
  • Weigh reduction stage II
  • Brake and suspension upgrades
  • Better diff if aplicable
  • Perfect for track-day cars that can be use as daily drivers.

###Stage III

• Stage I & Stage II
  • Weight reduction stage III
  • Engine rebuild for high output
  • Stage II turbocharger kit if compatible
  • Functional aero
  • Upgrated transmission (same number of gears, better gearing) & diff
  • Perfect for only track days cars, still road legal tho

###Stage IV

• Stage III
  • New grarbox
  • Not road legal anymore
  • Too dangerous to run without proper training

###Syluette

• Disguise widowmakers as road cars.
  • Not road legal, but suitable for racing.
  • Engine swap

######NOTE: not all cars are suitable for stage I or II, as well as some might not be suitable for higher stages.

6 Likes

Can you do one of my new Licorne wapiti rt roars? Can be found on the Licorne thead. Can i please have a stage one and two kits and focus on reliabilty on fuel economy amd bring the style foward to 2016?

1 Like

Sure thing chief, just let me get out of work :slight_smile:

A Brazillian/Mexican brand! Yey!
I’m starting the Gamma tread, it’s a brazillian brand too, and the GTL tread will come soon, it’s a brazillian tunning garage, predecessor of Gamma.

You have some nice cars here.

2 Likes

Oh and just wait to see what cars are going to be presented here (eventually…)

3 Likes

2001 Dimension Rift tuned by Calavera

Original car thread–>

##Stage I

The stage I had minor changes in comparison to the original. It has a new aero kit (front lip and rear wing) and new panels (front doors, wheel arches, lower fascia, rear bumper/diffuser). Interior carpet was removed, and some panels were replaced with light weight plastic. The suspensions was re-worked and the ride height lowered.

The engine was remaped and had a new air filter, a new less restrictive muffler.
143hp → 158hp.

##Stage II

The car had the same bodykit as the Stage I, but the aero was functional this time. A new geared LSD was fitted as well, and a stiffer suspension with a lowered ride height. Sport tires were also fitted with new brake pads. The remaining carpet and infotainment were removed, replacing even more panels with plastic or aluminum.

The engine received a new less restrictive exhaust system (headers, cat, piping) with new cams, pistons and polished valve ports.
158hp → 185hp

Stage III

New bonned panel was added. The aero now pushed even more downforce. It had a new 5-speed gearbox, new brakes and a plastic covers underneath the engine bay. Wider tires were fitted.
The interior was stripped down of most panels.

The engine was re-build with better internals and a new turbo system at 15 psi of boost. Still road legal tho.

##Stage IV

New Richmond 6 speed gearbox. Semi slick tires with magnesium rims. Most of the interior is gone and it features a extreme suspension set-up. Also the rear wing was replaced and the rear doors weren’t functional.

The engine was boosted up to 21 psi.

Not road legal.

#####[color=red]NOTE:[/color] All trims are FWD

Power:
Stock: 143hp @ 6500rpm
ST1 158hp @ 6,900rpm
ST2 185hp @ 7,700rpm
ST3 274hp @ 7,000rpm
ST4 387hp @ 8,000rpm

Torque
Stock: 118ft-lb @ 6,100rpm
ST1 124ft-lb @ 6,100rpm
ST2 143ft-lb @ 5,500rpm
ST3 231ft-lb @ 4,000rpm
ST4 310ft-lb @ 4,400rpm

Weight
Stock: 1167 kg
ST1 1152 kg
ST2 1043 kg
ST3 1011 kg
ST4 998 kg

Max Gs
Stock: 0.98 – 0.94
ST1: 1.02 – 0.99
ST2: 1.12 – 1.11
ST3: 1.14 – 1.14
ST4: 1.22 – 1.22

0-100 km/h - top speed
stock: 10.3s - 213.7 km/h
ST1: 8.7s - 225.6 km/h
ST2: 6.4s - 222.9 km/h
ST3: 5.5s - 254.4 km/h
ST4. 5.2s - 289.8 km/h

1/4 mile
stock: 17.46s
ST1: 16.50s
ST2: 14.82s
ST3: 13.38s
ST4. 12.66s

ATT - Laguna Seca
ST1: 2:35.12 – 2:01.89
ST2: 2:24.44 – 1:53.25
ST3: 2:15.49 – 1:46.09
ST4. 2:09.10 – 1:40.47

11 Likes

Dem bolt on flares tho…

Interesting that you chose to work on the base FWD model… Any plans to tune up the AWD ver?

1 Like

The tuning stages for the Dimension Rift remind me somewhat of the upgrade system in NFS High Stakes, where successive upgrade kits are more comprehensive than the previous one and several components improved at once with each stage.

@Sillyworld great job on extracting as much potential from the FWD version as possible! For some reason, it reminds me of the Super Touring cars of the 90s, even though the Gen 3 Rift came out in 2001.

@Deskyx No really, the AWD is pretty good as it is, I would only remove extra weight. I went FWD because I think a conversion from FWD to AWD is pretty hard for a tuner shop (and it adds lot of weight, I prefer lightweight cars). The bolt flares are inspired from squidhead work :stuck_out_tongue:

@abg7 the stages were indeed inspired from video games xD

1 Like

#LICORNE Wapiti RT Roar

I must say the car was pretty pretty good as it was in stock, designwise and performance wise, I only updated a few things in a manner a tuning shop will (I think).

Main modifications included:

• Change carburetors for a simple TBI system.
  • New headlights and grilles, with small redesigned bodywork
  • Improved brakes, wheels and new suspension set-up
  • Main difference between stages are weight reduction and engine power

###Stage I

###Stage II

7 Likes

now that is a restomod!!! Thanks dude. Interesting that the engine wasn’t stroked considering there is another 90ci in that engine.

2 Likes

#1975 D550

By 1975, Calavera released its second car, simply known as D550. Greg Gracey was determined to make Calavera not only sell cars to a small niche, but also wanted the company to compete with european GT cars, and as soon as Affonso and Pedro were done engineering and testing the Yellow Fox, they were put to fine tune and finish the D550.

This time, the exterior design was done by an intern (who will later become a full time employee at Meliora) Rodrigo Ordoñez inspired by some GT cars and complete on a week, while the mecanics were done by Affonso and Darrell Stone, and finally some fine-tuning and testing by Pedro Cazarez.

Despide being a luxury car with a handmade interior, thanks to its fiberglass body the car was fairly light, and thanks to its engine, an O58S unit by Zavir was captable of reaching 0-100 under 6 seconds and a top speed of 273 km/h!

Salewise wasn’t an instant success, and to some extend is one of the forgotten cars in the Calavera lore, but as today it stands as the first car of the GT era of Calavera.

*Market price: 48,015 w/65% markup

9 Likes

With looks like those, Calavera’s customers would have had a difficult decision choosing between a D550 or a Yellow Fox back in the day… Pity the D550 didn’t sell as well as it should have, but at least it was a new beginning for the brand!

1 Like

From every angle that is just a sublime looking car. And with that low revving V8 under the bonnet…ughh, sign me up!

1 Like

Nice car, and nice that my engine is useful for someone :slight_smile: Interesting that I planned to use it in something similar.

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

You don’t want a +250 km/h car to be hand made AND from fiberglass… with std minimum safety, maybe that’s why it wasn’t a success :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a soft spot for low revving/lazy V8s, perfect for cruising with that low growl :slight_smile:

@szafirowy01 Thanks, I though on using the most powerful variant, but it was too much power, besides, the torque curve from that unit screams cruising down the road :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New Engine needed!

The time has come, a new line-up is needed. Since I cannot re-use the old kee engines, I need a new powerplant for upcoming models.

Calavera has been busy designing and planning their new models, but still being a fairly small company with less than 50 workers, designing a new engine is out of the possibilities.

Same as last time, Affonso Calavera was in charge of the general design and engineering of the chassis, while Pedro Cazares in testing and tuning. Greg Gracey, being still very invested in the company, was in charge of find more financing the project (or rather find the founds for doing it). After talking to some private investors, and taking a generous loan, Calavera was ready for getting again into business. Only thing missing was the engine.

Planing to the future, Calavera is willing to buy an existing engine from any manufacturer, including plans/sketches, the tooling and the rights (if any) for future modifications.

Here are the requirements:

• Variant any year up to 1979. Family could be any year up to 1979, but prior that year is prefered (a well tested engine family is appreciated).

• Most fit in the next bodies and layout. Mid engine could be either transversal or longitudinal. Front engine must be only longitudinal rear wheel drive.

https://i.imgur.com/txAwQ8J.png?1

• Must include at least one muffler, as well as a catalytic converter, and run on unleaded fuel.

• No race intake or exhaust.

• Natural aspirated

• Everything else is up to the manufacturer

Price, complexity, weight will be taking into account as well, not only power :wink:

Thanks fo reading! For sending your creation, just send me a PM with the engine in a mule car, in any of those 2 bodies. Respond time for my part will be a bit slow, as well as presenting the actual cars, probably a couple of weeks from today (designing takes a couple of days for me, when and if I ave the time). Thanks!

8 Likes