Car Replicas

ah yes, bmw m2

Identical. Never seen a better replica on these forums, good job.

11 Likes

Quick, misspelt “Carrera” and rather rushed but not too rushed like the previous one replica build of Porsche 911 Carrera 4 [996]

13 Likes

Have to agree. I try to be nice to other peoples work, but seriously, if you make a BMW replica you should at least get the kidney grille right, if not it feels like if you didn’t even try.

4 Likes

I don’t think it even comes close to being a 2-Series/M2 replica - there’s no lower grille or air vents, for starters.

1 Like

LADA Samara Sputnik 1500

13 Likes

As promised here: SSC Tuatara hits 282.9 MPH (455.3 kph) - (STILL) Holds New Production Car Record - #10 by Slim_Jim

A “loose” replica of the record-breaking SSC Tuatara. I had to go through several iterations and two whole prototypes to get everything dialed in.

Some of the challenges along the way and I how I overcame them.

• Excessive wheelspin in the lower gears - added torque limiters using boost-by-gear
  • Turbocharger failure - raised the 900 C limit to 1020 C. They still overheat approaching top speed, but they don’t fail anymore. The car will run out of fuel before anything has a chance to melt.
  • Engine overheating - Beefed up the cooling system. The car still gets hot approaching top speed, but it won’t blow a gasket or fry the rings.
  • Unstable at high speeds - The first prototype is stable up to about 270 mph, then the front end gets very light and the car wanders. At speeds above 300 mph it stabilizes right up to it’s electronically limited top speed of 342 mph. The second prototype has revised aerodynamics and remains stable up to 300 mph before the front end gets a little light (much more controllable than the 1st prototype). By 315 mph the car stabilizes up to the same electronically-limited top speed.

Prototype 1: SSC_-_Tuatara.car (42.8 KB) - requires this JBEAM file overwrite: camso_engine-prototype-1.zip (5.3 KB)

Prototype 2: SSC_-_Tuatara_P2.car (43.9 KB) - requires this JBEAM file overwrite: camso_engine-prototype-2.zip (5.3 KB)

Planning on adding a third prototype (in white - complete the trio :us::eagle:) to try to eliminate the high speed wander, experiment with varying amounts of boost per gear to maximize acceleration, add multiple levels of traction/stability control (snow/ice, tour, sport, race) and more.

6 Likes

felt like dying and suffering so i made Dodge Neon

CBT included

13 Likes

Please post the car file. I want to take a closer look at it.

Dodge_Neon_-_Replica.car (38.9 KB)

feel free to grab that Neon replica

3 Likes

A (not 100% accurate) replica of my real car.
performance is decently realistic, havent touched the game in awhile so the looks arent perfect

7 Likes

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. My best work, and my first forum post.

14 Likes

Don’t be afraid to post your average works. That’s how community and skill is built. Open a personal topic and post your works!

1 Like

Oh no. I just joined yesterday and this is the first car I made when my forum account was activated, so I will be posting more soon! ^^

5 Likes

Guess I’ll post my

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX MR ish

Wannabe_-_Evo_9_lancer_mr.car (86.2 KB)

'guess I also have a BeamNG export with a better turbo but I don’t think this is the place to share that
well then slap on them files to enhance your experience: Wannabe Lancer.zip (14.8 KB)

9 Likes

It is. Refer to the Tuatara post above.

1 Like

That’s surely a promising start.

1 Like

Simca 1100

14 Likes

Quite nice! Though you forgot the chrome strip on the sides and the gas hatch. And the car only had one mirror IIRC.

2 Likes

you’re right, i put the car together in a hurry to test the body :wink:

1 Like

Soldat MeltFire - Replica from the Ridge Racer Series

It’s been awhile since the last time I post something here at the discourse.

12 Likes