Car Replicas

For the Limitations in bodys and the overall limitations of the game, id say thats a pretty decent replica of the mighty Rover P6… Good job!

Not 100% sure if replicas of video game cars are allowed here, but…

County Police Cruiser, NFS Most Wanted and Carbon

I made a replica of the Heat Level 1 police cruisers of Rockport PD and Palmont PD (from Need For Speed Most Wanted and Carbon, respectively). NFS wiki says those cars were V8 RWD, and inspired by the 2002 Ford Interceptor concept, so thats what I did.

Here are the reference pictures used while building the car

.car files (two versions, one as shown above, and one all-black undercover unit)

NFS_Civic_Cop_Car_-_Undercover.car (46.8 KB)

NFS_Civic_Cop_Car_-_Standard.car (91.9 KB)

13 Likes

That’s pretty sick dude! Was thinking of doing this one, now I can go straight to drive it!
Also I was thinking of making the terrible traffic cars from nfsu2 and them improve untill they look like real cars, maybe a collab if you’re up to it.

This is no way my best work but i think the front at least works. I guess this is what happens when you have no bodies that are quite right

4 Likes

I’m trying to do european car of the year in chronological order as long as it is possible. Since I could really not build an Austin 1800 or Renault 16 with any of the available bodies, we jump from 1964 and Rover P6 to 1967 and Fiat 124.

5 Likes

It looks so great!

DOH!

Homer Simpson’s Iconic Pink Sedan - Complete with crumpled fender!

11 Likes

What are the specs? Did one in the past bu didn’t looked half as good. I used chrysler k car specs on mine.

We don’t actually know the specs, so I went off of the Ford Fairmont 2.3 I4 - but we know it’s faster than a Geo, but not as fast as an oldsmobile wagon.

1 Like

NISSAN Nismo 400R
Accuracy rating: At least I tried

2 Likes

Continuing the european Car of the year-theme with the 1969 Peugeot 504. Really on the limit for what’s acceptable IMO though, looks more like a 604 with that long tail…

6 Likes

Compact Type 2 from Burnout 3

8 Likes

Continuing the COTY theme - 1970 and Fiat 128

5 Likes

Citroën BX 15 RE 1988 Replica

Originally made for CSR126.

Have fun with it : CSR126_-Maxbombe-_Citroën_BX_15_RE_1988.car (123.4 KB)

18 Likes

Might as well post this here too.

1969 Nissan Fairlady Z - Single carb, 4 spd, no optionals. As pure as it can be.

Photo33Photo32Photo29Photo31Photo30

Nissan_Fairlady_Z_S30_-_SC_4SPD_JDM.car (56.7 KB)

1970 Nissan Fairlady Z 432 - 4 Valves per cylinder, 3 Mikuni/Solex DCOE carbs, 2 camshafts. Racing suspension, 5 spd gbox, mag wheels, sport tires, stripped interior, lightweight body. Race car for the streets.
Photo38Photo39Photo41Photo40Photo42

Nissan_Fairlady_Z_S30_-_432.car (67.4 KB)

1973 Datsun 240Z - Dual carbs, 3 speed box, softer, higher suspension, “safety” bumpers, hubcaps, door mirrors, 1000 holes on the sides for side markers and useless trims. NHTSA compliant!

Photo35Photo34Photo37Photo36

Nissan_Fairlady_Z_S30_-_DC_AT3SPD_USDM.car (60.2 KB)

And for closing the arc before I go to the next thing, here’s a 1978 Datsun 280Z. Goddamit american government and Nissan branch. At least it has a L28 with a 5 speed.

Photo43Photo44Photo46Photo45Photo47
Nissan_Fairlady_Z_S30_-_Datsun_280Z.car (65.5 KB)

16 Likes

No good Citroen GS or Fiat 127 bodies, so let’s jump to 1973 and COTY winner in Europe, Audi 80.

6 Likes

Loved it, and def will look into making the cars from revenge, which I finished in the ps2 at the time. Let me give you a tip I’m using to improve, if you take the first or second body molding from the rectangular ones, the 2 ones that create a low spot, and narrow them almost all the way, and put them on 4th layer, you can use it to restore door lines that were covered by moldings like the 2 on the side of your car. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I’m posting a video of the real one too because it’s amazing and you may not have seen it yet.
TLDW, Mini '69 Nova from plywood and fiberglass over a tube frame with a Kawazaki Ninja engine.

Mini_Nova_-_Stock.car (36.3 KB)

6 Likes

Bitroen Baxo VTS

11 Likes

Lincoln Town Car 1990 Replica

19 Likes